• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noachidism

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
So this isn't me severing myself from Judaism, either. I still love Judaism and Tanakh, but it's not mine.

Your OP is a great account of where you’re at in your spiritual journey and why you’ve moved from being a Noachide.

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned the five years I spent searching for the truth when I was around your age and having quite severe depression for a year or two. So I guess I see echoes of myself in what you write.

I personally believe in what you are doing and that if successful through the aid of a loving God, you will have a firm foundation which will enable you to navigate the years to come including family life. That path will enable you to overcome trauma and psychological injury from your upbringing.

All the best with that.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Keep an open mind!
Pray to Yahweh, ask Him for help.

(I truly think he will help you, because of your sincerity.)

As our Creator, He knows our needs...and He does care.

I applaud your decision to stay monotheistic. But I found this statement on Wikipedia, Kemetism - Wikipedia
“Followers of Kemetism generally worship a few gods (Maat, Bast, Anubis, Sekhmet or Thoth, among others), but recognize the existence of every god.”

This is not monotheism; this view would anger our Creator, considering what the Tanakh says.

I had a person ask me once, “What religion are the Jehovah’s Witnesses similar to?”
You know what I told him? I said, “Judaism, because the most important aspect of ANY religion, is who they worship...and we worship Yahweh, Jehovah in English, the God of ancient Israel.”
He looked at me kinda funny, said “oh”, then left. I was hoping for an in-depth conversation, but it didnt happen & I didn’t push it.
Of course, there are some major differences, as there are between modern Judaism & ancient (like Temple sacrifices), but our God is the same.

Thought I’d share...hope it may be helpful. Take care, my cousin.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Keep an open mind!
Pray to Yahweh, ask Him for help.

(I truly think he will help you, because of your sincerity.)

As our Creator, He knows our needs...and He does care.

I applaud your decision to stay monotheistic. But I found this statement on Wikipedia, Kemetism - Wikipedia
“Followers of Kemetism generally worship a few gods (Maat, Bast, Anubis, Sekhmet or Thoth, among others), but recognize the existence of every god.”

This is not monotheism; this view would anger our Creator, considering what the Tanakh says.

I had a person ask me once, “What religion are the Jehovah’s Witnesses similar to?”
You know what I told him? I said, “Judaism, because the most important aspect of ANY religion, is who they worship...and we worship Yahweh, Jehovah in English, the God of ancient Israel.”
He looked at me kinda funny, said “oh”, then left. I was hoping for an in-depth conversation, but it didnt happen & I didn’t push it.
Of course, there are some major differences, as there are between modern Judaism & ancient (like Temple sacrifices), but our God is the same.

Thought I’d share...hope it may be helpful. Take care, my cousin.
Kemetic religion, like most Pagan faiths, isn't just one religion and there are multiplicities of beliefs within it. The majority of Kemetics are polytheistic, but not all.

Amun-Ra in this period (16th to 11th centuries BC) held the position of transcendental, self-created creator deity "par excellence"; he was the champion of the poor or troubled and central to personal piety. His position as King of Gods developed to the point of virtual monotheism where other gods became manifestations of him. With Osiris, Amun-Ra is the most widely recorded of the Egyptian
gods.

and,

Theban theology claimed that Amun was not merely a member of the Ogdoad, but the hidden force behind all things. There is a conflation of all notions of creation into the personality of Amun, a synthesis which emphasizes how Amun transcends all other deities in his being "beyond the sky and deeper than the underworld". One Theban myth likened Amun's act of creation to the call of a goose, which broke the stillness of the primeval waters and caused the Ogdoad and Ennead to form. Amun was separate from the world, his true nature was concealed even from the other gods. At the same time, however, because he was the ultimate source of creation, all the gods, including the other creators, were in fact merely aspects of Amun. Amun eventually became the supreme god of the Egyptian pantheon because of this belief.

I've prayed and prayed. I'm not doing this anymore. I want a religion with all the trappings, not just looking in from the sidelines and not having anything to do. Not going to be suicidal anymore.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I can understand the need for companionship especially spiritual companionship....it is uplifting to share ones beliefs with a "family" of fellow believers.

Can I just ask (out of curiosity) how the ancient Egyptian religion is in any way compatible with the Jewish religion?
.....can you put a false deity in Yahweh's place (Exodus 20:3) and still feel his favor upon you?
It must be difficult to have to have to choose a god who will facilitate the needs of your life, rather than you fulfilling his requirements alone? An awful choice to have to make. :( But I totally understand your dilemma.

Isn't Judaism Abrahamic? Could all the things about Jesus that you reject, possibly be misinterpretations or misunderstandings of the Tanakh requirements for the Messiah? Jesus fulfilled more Messianic prophesies (hundreds of them) than anyone ever has....many of which were out of his control.

Can I ask too why it costs money to convert to Judaism? I never knew this.....I understand the need for study as I studied for two solid years before committing to my own faith, but it didn't cost a penny.

It's your choice of course, and I am not criticizing....just curious.....:shrug:
They're not misinterpretations imo. They're the standard Jewish view.

It costs money since:

- I would need to move far away.

- I would have to pay 2 charges to the Beit Din for conversion, amounting to about £100. Not all Batei Din need this and I think it's a joke.

- I would need to pay for my own Hebrew classes. Part of the conversion process.

- I would have to pay for my own conversion classes. Part of the process again.

- I would have to buy a ton of new stuff for a Jewish home and this is all ridiculously expensive.

Etc.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I've prayed and prayed. I'm not doing this anymore. I want a religion with all the trappings, not just looking in from the sidelines and not having anything to do. Not going to be suicidal anymore.
Oh the irony. I have a religion with all the trappings and then some, but I am still suicidal. Not that I would ever actually kill myself, but I often wish I was dead so I could be freed from this material world. For me, religion has not been the bailout and in fact, it is one reason I am in the mess I am in now. If I could live for myself and the material world, I would not be in this mess right now. :(

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh the irony. I have a religion with all the trappings and then some, but I am still suicidal. Not that I would ever actually kill myself, but I often wish I was dead so I could be freed from this material world. For me, religion has not been the bailout and in fact, it is one reason I am in the mess I am in now. If I could live for myself and the material world, I would not be in this mess right now. :(
I grew up in a village of around 300-350 folks, so it's likely something to do with that - I want a larger community and not the lonliness I'm used to.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I feel you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I grew up in a village of around 300-350 folks, so it's likely something to do with that - I want a larger community and not the lonliness I'm used to.
I often think I would like to live in a very small town but I can only imagine what that might be like. I can only know from what I watch on TV, and it seems to me that when one has lived in a small town their whole life and everyone knows everyone else that would be less lonely than living in a large city, which is very impersonal. But your experience has been your experience.

I grew up in a small college town where my dad taught at the university. I never lived in a metropolitan area and I never wanted to live in one. The area I live in now is too large for me, with about 300,000 people, but I live in the country and only go into the city when necessary for groceries or other necessities.

I have been reading about international destinations I could move to and I think about it a lot when I am reading. The grass always seems greener on the other side, and maybe sometimes it is greener and sometimes it is not. We can only know if we go to the other side and live for a while and that involves certain expenses and risks.
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I feel you.
Thanks. I am considering starting a new thread to explain the bind I am in, and you inspired me to share it.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
They're not misinterpretations imo. They're the standard Jewish view.

It costs money since:

- I would need to move far away.

- I would need to pay 2 charges to the Beit Din for conversion, amounting to about £100. Not all Batei Din need this and I think it's a joke.

- I would need to pay for my own Hebrew classes. Part of the conversion process.

- I would have to pay for my own conversion classes. Part of the process again.

- I would have to buy a ton of new stuff for a Jewish home and this is all ridiculously expensive.

Etc.
What a crock, basically charging money for worshipping God.

Sounds as bad as Christendom. Sure glad I’m out of that mess. And have great friends to boot, wherein we support each other in worshipping / obeying Yahweh. We just had an online assembly today. Our theme was taken from Proverbs 27:11, and a recurring Scripture was Nehemiah 8:10

Don’t forsake Yahweh, for a false god. You know how He feels about that, right?
Exodus 20:1-4

Have you ever discussed the Scriptures with JW’s?

I wish you the best...continue praying to Him for wisdom and strength.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
BTW Thanks everyone for the ratings on the OP; it's really not what I was expecting.

I appreciate no-one saw this coming (apart from the one person I mention to whom I am chatting) and it's still kind of a shock for most folks. My views haven't changed. I'm still a social conservative; I still support the Jewish people; I've not had rid of my Jewish books or anything like that. I'm not doing a kind of 'clean sweep' where I'm becoming 'a new me' or any of that nonsense stuff. I am still a monotheist. It's not like 'I found Horus' - I am not shy of saying this is, foremost, a practical transition. I'm not suddenly a tree-hugging hippie who decided that gay marriage is alright or that sleeping around isn't so bad and all we need to do is sit naked around a fire. That's not me.

Last edited: