• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Woman no Drive.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
After a long day at work driving today I came across a little tune. Was happy the rest of the day. :0D

Ahh, a world without women drivers....

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Really, if women couldn't drive, who would be responsible for all the bad driving out there?

Uh-huh. MEN would be responsible for all the bad driving out there.

As it is, MEN are responsible for only about three-quarters of the bad driving...

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
After a long day at work driving today I came across a little tune. Was happy the rest of the day. :0D

Ahh, a world without women drivers....

I can only wonder how that primitive, sexist idiot feels now that women are no longer banned from driving in Saudi Arabia.

I also found his "About" section on YouTube interesting given the video...

Alaa Wardi is my name, making music is my trade, bringing happiness is my desire, uplifting souls is my aim, all people are my brothers and sisters, all countries are my home, love and equality are my beliefs, hatred and prejudice depress me, originally from Iran I am, currently reside in Saudi, welcome to my channel, and thank you for your high support. :)

4/10 for effort, 10/10 for irony.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Jane Jetson and the Origins of the “Women Are Bad Drivers” Joke | History | Smithsonian

image: http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/paleofuture/files/2013/02/jetsons-jane-smash.jpeg

jetsons-jane-smash.jpeg

Jane’s driving was so bad, even a bank robber begged to be in jail rather than spend more time in the car with her.

Jane receives a driving lesson during the episode but when the instructor wants to stop off to check his safe deposit box (and his life insurance policy) a bank robber emerges and jumps in. Jane continues on driving, believing that he must be just another driving instructor. The bank robber is terrified of Jane’s driving and by the end of the episode he’s begging to be put in jail rather than endure more time in the flying car with Jane.

After George finds Jane at the police stations the status quo is restored (George is again behind the yoke) and Jane explains, “You know George, I don’t really care much about driving anyway.”

George responds, “Well, it’s probably better if you don’t Janey. Driving requires a man’s skill; a man’s judgement; a man’s technical know-how.”

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can only wonder how that primitive, sexist idiot feels now that women are no longer banned from driving in Saudi Arabia.

I also found his "About" section on YouTube interesting given the video...

4/10 for effort, 10/10 for irony.
I wouldn't sweat it. The video is obviously made as a parody and it's quite funny coupled with incredible musical talent to boot. I love the song.

I almost wish Smart Guy would still be posting to see how he feels about it.