• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No rumble in the urban jungle.

JIMMY12345

Just silent electrics.............
I did read in an article accompanying that some firms replace petrol (and the classic engine rumble) with new electric engines on classic cars. This seems a great green idea. Why spend a lot of energy to destroy a perfectly good car and more money to make a new body shell. There are some beautiful vintage classics out there from the E type to the Chev Corvette.
If you won the lottery what would your green dream conversion be?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'd quite like my old jag xkr. An appropriate electric motor should make it quite a beast with full torque all the way from a standing start up to 200+ mph.

Though the most exciting car I've driven is a pagani zonda r. I'm not sure what an electric motor or few could do to that. I don't even want to imagine it.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
27F2F2B3-165A-4FC7-8BEA-EC1FEF6815F8.jpeg
Citroen DS. :)

JIMMY12345

The DS (Goddess) was De Gaulle's favourite. He was travelling at 70 mph and the OAS fired over one hundred bullets.The tyre's shredded but the self level ling suspension meant the car could still manage a getaway.The headlights could move.Always park next to one.Its great entertainment to see the cars lift as the suspension engages.The later Pallas was also a head-turning design icon that was ex with the turn .Extraordinarily beautiful.Unlike current cars which are products of wind tunnels and all look the same.
I was not aware of the Zonda. After a quick google certainly look the business.If people delayed purchase of new cars eg due to chip shortages at least its robots and not humans that suffer economic consequences.