• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No room for questions in heaven. How will you ask ?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I don't claim to be a spiritual warrior, whatever that may be.

And I'm not Hindu either. If you want to make this a Hindu discussion you should have put it in the appropriate DIR.
You missed the point

Why you like to use the word "silly" so much, when replying to other's posts?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I read very well what you wrote,

because I replied to below quote of yours.
Now in above quote you shift to another meaning of "understanding"

I have no interest in arguing semantics.

I just made very clear that there is no "level" of understanding needed, in the sense that it's only a "few" who can reach it. It's very simple, not easy

I see you are now placing 'level' in quotes. I'm not inclined to playing word games either.

I think you have some level of understanding in what I'm communicating in this thread. ;)

stvdv

I have no interest in arguing semantics.

I see you are now placing 'level' in quotes. I'm not inclined to playing word games either.

I think you have some level of understanding in what I'm communicating in this thread. ;)
You are the one playing word games, shifting to another meaning of the word few + understanding to which I first replied

I think you have a pretty good understanding what I meant in my replies;). It is not for just a few with "understanding"

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't claim to be a spiritual warrior, whatever that may be.

And I'm not Hindu either. If you want to make this a Hindu discussion you should have put it in the appropriate DIR.

Chinu doesn't claim to be a Hindu.

Also the thread is a debate in nature and not appropriate for a DIR.

Or were you just trying to be silly? ;)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You are the one playing word games, shifting to another meaning of the word understanding to which I first replied

*sigh*

I think you have a pretty good understanding what I meant in my replies;). It is not for just a few with "understanding"

I do. And I think you have a pretty good understanding of mine as well.

Can we just go back to a state of bliss now? :p

stvdv

I remember one of your rules is, how you call it, use "impeccable words" or something like that
Hence I took your quote exactly as you worded it

Now you make it "sound" as if I misinterpret what you wrote

You wrote 2 lines about this. Probably I focused on the first line, and you on the second line

stvdv

If you want to make this a Hindu discussion you should have put it in the appropriate DIR.
This is "general debate forum". So this reply makes no sense

Also the rest of the reply makes no sense as it is @chinu his thread and not mine

And you call @chinu his words shallow and silly, while you make such replies like this yourself

stvdv

I can't be intelligent and silly?
They go together well

I love being silly!
Google: Silly = having or showing a lack of common sense or judgement; absurd and foolish
Be careful what you wish for; when granted you might not like it, except maybe the ones in red below
Similar: foolish stupid unintelligent idiotic brainless mindless witless imbecilic imbecile doltish imprudent thoughtless

Gavin Luckenbach

Contrite Candidate-- Coddled Catechumen
From a Christian perspective of course, but I am hesitant to compare sexual pleasure and Heavenly bliss. It is more like eternal freedom from fleeting needs of pleasure or the experience thereof, and maybe not as... physical?

I agree, there is no need for questions, because we would be in the eternal presence of God and thus, to some degree, either be partaking in limitless wisdom-- or so deeply humbled and content in the presence of such profound Love that not a single question is needed, it would just be some kind of impossible selfish corruption to even conceive of questioning His infinite majesty, since He is the highest Truth and Love itself.

Yet, any question our souls would ask would surely be answered?

Clara Tea

A Dirac delta function is a spike of infinite height, zero width, rounded at the top, and an area of 1. It is a continuous variable.

The Kronecker delta function is the discrete counterpart (square top, but otherwise the same).

Some pleasures (like sex) are like these delta functions. That is, nothing until it happens, it happens in a zero width instant, but over-all it is worthwhile, satisfying all the time that it is not working.

Considering alternatives is an human habit.

Habits changes when in heaven. :)

Where was it stated that there are no questions in heaven? The Qur'an has scenes where people are wondering things or about people in Paradise or their state in Hell and finding their questions answered and also has angels asking questions too, I'm pretty sure.

There are scenes in the Mahayana scriptures where questions are being asked and answered by various Buddhas or Bodhisattvas or whatever in places full of pleasure and bliss.

Where did the idea come along that no one will have the ability to wonder things or ask questions? All that seems indicated is a reduction or elimination of sensations of suffering or distress or anxiety, but I can be feeling quite fine and still wonder a thing and look it up? Likewise, people seem to be eating in some of these places as described, so that might indicate some kind of desire to experience food or even hunger which is quickly satisfied, which is to have a desire and have it met quickly which leaves a person happy.

Have you had sex? I don't know how pleasurable it is really.

chinu

chinu
Where was it stated that there are no questions in heaven? The Qur'an has scenes where people are wondering things or about people in Paradise or their state in Hell and finding their questions answered and also has angels asking questions too, I'm pretty sure.

There are scenes in the Mahayana scriptures where questions are being asked and answered by various Buddhas or Bodhisattvas or whatever in places full of pleasure and bliss.

Where did the idea come along that no one will have the ability to wonder things or ask questions? All that seems indicated is a reduction or elimination of sensations of suffering or distress or anxiety, but I can be feeling quite fine and still wonder a thing and look it up? Likewise, people seem to be eating in some of these places as described, so that might indicate some kind of desire to experience food or even hunger which is quickly satisfied, which is to have a desire and have it met quickly which leaves a person happy.
Sorry, I don't know much about Qur'an, or any other scriptures. What I talk is my own observation. :)

Have you had sex? I don't know how pleasurable it is really.
Sorry, sex example is ONLY for the people who find sex as pleasurable.

MNoBody

Sex = Pleasure. But, one cannot enjoy sex/pleasure with continuity one after the another, because one need to resume energy before the every new shift.
Heaven = Pleasure with NO intervals. Its everlasting/eternity of never ending pleasure. One need not to resume/restore energy in heaven because heaven is the wellspring of both energy and pleasure at the one same time.

And when there's continuity of pleasure -- then NO-Time left behind to ask any (?) question/s.

or say, there's NO room for questions in heaven. How will you ask ?
those who live by the sword die by the sword they have said..... which sword did they mean, the one in your scabbard or the one in your pants?
those who identify with the body and gain their sufficiency from it shall eat of their labors in the end..... kind of a dusty sand-wich though...in the end.