• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No room for questions in heaven. How will you ask ?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Sex = Pleasure. But, one cannot enjoy sex/pleasure with continuity one after the another, because one need to resume energy before the every new shift.
Heaven = Pleasure with NO intervals. Its everlasting/eternity of pleasure over and over again. One need not to resume energy in heaven because heaven is the wellspring of both energy and pleasure at the one same time.

And when there's continuity of pleasure -- then NO-Time left behind to ask any (?) question/s.

or say, there's NO room for questions in heaven. How will you ask ?

Maybe all the hard questions will be answered beforehand or maybe each answered question will bring new pleasure.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sex = Pleasure. But, one cannot enjoy sex/pleasure with continuity one after the another, because one need to resume energy before the every new shift.
Heaven = Pleasure with NO intervals. Its everlasting/eternity of pleasure over and over again. One need not to resume energy in heaven because heaven is the wellspring of both energy and pleasure at the one same time.

And when there's continuity of pleasure -- then NO-Time left behind to ask any (?) question/s.

How are you defining "heaven?" A place? A state of mind? Something else?

And by "resume" I assume you mean "restore?"

exchemist

Veteran Member

This is silly.

First of all, sex is just one of many pleasures in life and far from one of the most enduring.

Second, the real source of pleasure in sex is the feeling of being loved and desired by someone and being able to fulfil that desire for them: an act of giving, that one knows is appreciated.

Third, interest in sex declines as one ages, implying it is an interest that is largely created and supported by the chemical hormones of the body, rather than anything fundamental in the mind.

Given the above, it seems likely that the pleasures of heaven, whatever they may be, won't have much to do with something as superficial and transitory as sex.

If heaven exists, it will be a state in which there are no more questions because we will know the answers.

chinu

chinu
This is silly.

First of all, sex is just one of many pleasures in life and far from one of the most enduring.

Second, the real source of pleasure in sex is the feeling of being loved and desired by someone and being able to fulfil that desire for them: an act of giving, that one knows is appreciated.

Third, interest in sex declines as one ages, implying it is an interest that is largely created and supported by the chemical hormones of the body, rather than anything fundamental in the mind.

Given the above, it seems likely that the pleasures of heaven, whatever they may be, won't have much to do with something as superficial and transitory as sex.

If heaven exists, it will be a state in which there are no more questions because we will know the answers.
Of course sex NOT part of heaven. Endless-sex-pleasure is just the nearest possible example for human beings to make understand heaven. :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No-place.

So far we've determined one thing you're not defining "heaven" as. We're still too far from an actual definition for me to engage in intellectual discourse on the topic.

Can your "heaven" be experienced in this transactional reality, IOW, while living as a human?

chinu

chinu
So far we've determined one thing you're not defining "heaven" as. We're still too far from an actual definition for me to engage in intellectual discourse on the topic.

Can your "heaven" be experienced in this transactional reality, IOW, while living as a human?
Yes. It can be experienced while living as a human.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes. It can be experienced while living as a human.

Okay, one last follow-up question so I can be clear on what you're speaking of. Is it something commonly experienced, or is it experienced by few after a level of understanding or realization?

chinu

chinu
Okay, one last follow-up question so I can be clear on what you're speaking of. Is it something commonly experienced, or is it experienced by few after a level of understanding or realization?
No it is not something commonly experienced. Yes it is experienced by few by the way of devotion to God. It definitely does't require any certain level of understanding or realization. Even gullible person can experience.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

This is silly.

It is not silly. Because the OP is not about sex, but about Heaven

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was going to attempt to answer this thread. But then my mind was flooded with images of intimacy in heaven that are like the scene from that movie where a female superhero tries to have intimacy with a regular guy and she's so powerful, the bed flies through the neighbor's wall. So I'm not to the point of fully comprehending the content of the thread and a proper answer yet. But I do wish warm regards.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No it not something commonly experienced. Yes it is experienced by few by the way of devotion to God. It definitely does't require any certain level of understanding or realization. Even gullible person can experience.

Okay, so you're talking about an ecstatic state akin to satcitananda.

So in getting back to the OP, "over and over" really doesn't make sense here, as when one is in such a state, as I understand it, it is constant, eternal, and timeless. "Over and over" implies a temporary state that begins and ends. How can a state of being that is eternal, constant and timeless have a beginning and an end.

Regarding the remark about questions, as I see it, when one is not in this state of "heaven," there are questions with no answer. When one attains a state of "heaven," there is an answer, but no questions.