• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Religion - Nearly 10 Million Australians.

Bathos Logos

It's not supporting what you claimed. It's too shallow.
I'll just go the theist route then: It's evidence. You may not like it, or even accept it, but it's evidence.

Theism has increased after a decline in the last century.
And this has what to do with a current decline? Are you going to claim to know the future (something you have distinctly admonished me against) and state that there will be increase later? That would be interesting.

Atheism has decreased after huge jump with the communist movement which is correspondence data.
Back on the atheism kick I see. Are you sure you know what we're discussing in this thread?

Importance of religion is a whole different ball game. That does not provide insight into growth or decline in theism or anti theism. For this you have to get into age groups, historical data to compare in retrospect to see at 18-29 they don't think religion is important, but when they grow they think it's more important, are becoming stupid after the age of 29 or do they have other reasons?
In the end, "we'll see" is all either of us is going to be able to say. Seems to me I am the one more easily able to say it. So here goes. We'll see.

A quantitative study like that needs much further analysis and one will have to go to the build up of the hypothesis which would have been an initial qualitative study in order to understand it better.
I don't know... some of the questions are pretty darn simplistic. Such that delving so much further into the impetus behind the study doesn't seem very necessary to me. If someone could construe the question in various ways, and without knowledge of what the research is after some context is missing, that's one thing. but in the study I snagged that data from, we're talking about very simple questions that cannot easily be misinterpretted, and don't really require any prerequisites.

Bathos Logos

No evidence. Repeating the same lie does not make it a truth though the media believes it.

Have a good day. No point.
Again with the "have a good day" stuff. And now you have added "no point". Why is it you religious types bow out first? And so easily?

I am telling you that data collected on the question "How important is religion in your life?" has produced declining results for the majority of countries around the world, and you are telling me point-blank that this is not evidence for such a decline. It is evidence, again, whether you like it or not. You may not think it good evidence, or you may question the methods of the interviewers, or whatever. But it IS evidence.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Again with the "have a good day" stuff. And now you have added "no point". Why is it you religious types bow out first? And so easily?

I am telling you that data collected on the question "How important is religion in your life?" has produced declining results for the majority of countries around the world, and you are telling me point-blank that this is not evidence for such a decline. It is evidence, again, whether you like it or not. You may not think it good evidence, or you may question the methods of the interviewers, or whatever. But it IS evidence.

Have a good day.