• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Religion - Nearly 10 Million Australians.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
At the end of the day, I care more about how lucid and how wise the Australian people are and how they are trending towards being than about any numbers regarding their theism, creeds or beliefs. All available evidence leads me to believe that they are in the top tier on that regard.

And I will never be caught regretting that there are people letting go of Abrahamic beliefs.

So it is all good far as I am concerned.

InChrist

Free4ever
The 2021 Census was completed by over 90% of the population and thus returned useful data.

Religion was interesting.

View attachment 64098

I see this is a trend that was foretold, but there will come a time when people realise that Faith is the only way to help humanity.

What are your thoughts?

Regards Tony
I think people do tend to turn to religion or spirituality when things get bad, they are in trouble or need. But ultimately I think only a Savior will help. From my perspective that Savior is the One foretold in the biblical scriptures-Jesus Christ.

idea

Question Everything
The 2021 Census was completed by over 90% of the population and thus returned useful data.

View attachment 64098

I see this is a trend that was foretold, but there will come a time when people realise that Faith is the only way to help humanity.

What are your thoughts?

Regards Tony

The great and spacious buildings, and corrupt organizations will fall. Everyone realized they don't need to lean on any arms of flesh, no middlemen.

The true church is not "organized religion" :) those who are independent free thinkers are coming into power.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

View attachment 64098

What are your thoughts?

Regards Tony

You can have faith in humanity and not believe in supernatural beings. Would that count? ;)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think people do tend to turn to religion or spirituality when things get bad, they are in trouble or need. But ultimately I think only a Savior will help. From my perspective that Savior is the One foretold in the biblical scriptures-Jesus Christ.
In Mark, Matthew and Luke, Jesus promises that the Son of Man will come and institute the Kingdom of God in the lifetime of some of his audience.

The Kingdom of God is used in two senses in the NT ─ first, as the community of early Christians, and second, as here, the Kingdom of God on earth.

Since that clearly didn't happen, why should we expect a Savior? To save us from what? Putin? Xi? Trump? Bolsonaro? World War II?

InChrist

Free4ever
In Mark, Matthew and Luke, Jesus promises that the Son of Man will come and institute the Kingdom of God in the lifetime of some of his audience.

The Kingdom of God is used in two senses in the NT ─ first, as the community of early Christians, and second, as here, the Kingdom of God on earth.

Since that clearly didn't happen, why should we expect a Savior? To save us from what? Putin? Xi? Trump? Bolsonaro? World War II?
My view is that when Jesus was speaking in Mark, Matthew and Luke and answering the questions of the disciples concerning the end of the age, He was referring to a future generation or those who would see the signs He mentioned taking place; those alive at that future time would see His return. I don’t believe the text indicates He meant His audience or contemporaries at the time.
I expect the Savior to save humanity from self-destruction and destroying the earth and all life here.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My view is that when Jesus was speaking in Mark, Matthew and Luke and answering the questions of the disciples concerning the end of the age, He was referring to a future generation or those who would see the signs He mentioned taking place; those alive at that future time would see His return. I don’t believe the text indicates He meant His audience or contemporaries at the time.
I find that view hard to support from the words of the NT ─

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Matthew 10:23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”​

And I think the reason it's not mentioned in John, written in the 90s CE, is because it clearly hadn't happened like that.
I expect the Savior to save humanity from self-destruction and destroying the earth and all life here.
I expect that if we can't do it for ourselves, we'll get nothing less than we deserve.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I mean good riddance to this religion things. That the nones and spirituals and such are more in number, good. Religion--as an organized institution--is something we will be better far off with once it is gone.

I personally see there will never be a time when faith is not a guide to a large group of people. I see we will always need faith to balance the directions we take.

It is logical to me that an intelligence, way beyond our capacity, has control on how it all unfolds.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see we need to be saved from our own selves.

Regards Tony

Heyo

Veteran Member

View attachment 64098

What are your thoughts?

Regards Tony
There are many factors but my guess is that Australians are doing fine socially and economically. One of the more significant indicators for religiosity is well being. People turn to religion when they are in fear or misery, lack of education also helps.

I predict that, over a long time, the trend will remain but currently we are facing a few crisis and that may stall the trend in the near future.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are many factors but my guess is that Australians are doing fine socially and economically. One of the more significant indicators for religiosity is well being. People turn to religion when they are in fear or misery, lack of education also helps.

I predict that, over a long time, the trend will remain but currently we are facing a few crisis and that may stall the trend in the near future.

I see the economic outlook is very poor. It will hit Australians hard when the economy collapses. Many are facing this, as many are overspending.

It will be a very interesting decade.

Regards Tony

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I don't see religious faith as the only way to help, I don't even see at as a way to help.

Praying and saying im thinking of you is of no benefit to the starving. What helps is action.

If course faith may/does help the individual with faith, giving them a false sense of having done something to help.

View attachment 64099

Beautifully put and so, so true. If only the whole world thought like you. Great post!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

View attachment 64098

What are your thoughts?

Regards Tony

Hi Tony. Thanks for putting this information up. I think we have 10 million very wise people who are staying away from the disunity and confusion present in current religion.

Which is the true sect of Christianity or Islam or Buddhism etc? And the hatred and wars between religion. Terrorism and child sexual abuse. If this is what those 10 million are rejecting then they are wise to not get entangled with religion if it is only causing confusion, disunity, bigotry and wars. People are tired of it and it seems not to serve any practical use.

With so many religions why does world poverty and war still exist? Until religion can really solve problems in our world, people are just going to view it as superstition, of no real value to humanity. What is religion doing for the oppressed in Ukraine or Syria or Myanmar etc?

People I believe want solutions not rhetoric and words. Religion in this age has so far failed to bring peace to our world. We’ve already had two world wars and where is religion apart from preaching? Religion boasts ‘we will save you’ and ‘we have the answers for everything’ as the world situation grows worse.

So the test of religion is to be able to fix these problems by bringing people together. As long as religion fails to reconcile our differences people will continue to abandon it as useless rhetoric and meaningless words.

The world wants love and action not just empty words.

PureX

Veteran Member
Religious affiliation is not a measure of faith in a higher power or ideals. Religious affiliation is more of a cultural factor than anything else.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Excellent points. How sick do we all get with the endless functionaries saying "our thoughts and prayers are with the victims...?" Because far, far too often, if your understanding of the problems and dedication to resolving them through action caused you to do something -- perhaps there wouldn't have been victims!

And how much better would that have been?

Agreed. It's one of the things that disturbs me about what i call lazy christians... Although it can a
Beautifully put and so, so true. If only the whole world thought like you. Great post!

I humbly thank you