1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Pedophiles in Heaven!

Discussion in 'Sexuality' started by Spiderman, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Earthling

Earthling David Henson

Ratings:
    +758
    Religion:
    Bible Believer
    Yes. But my point is, by our standards Joseph and Mary was a case of pedophilia. Not by their standards, mind you, but ours.

2. Spiderman

Spiderman Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,038
    Religion:
    Shintopathic
    Well, we don't know when they had sex, if ever...Mary was sort of God's wife afterall (mother of God's son).

There were temple virgins who stayed virgins throughout life, but married a man as a guardian...meaning, they married, but never had sex.

Makes ya feel kinda sorry for the husband lol! ;)

3. Cacotopia

Cacotopia Let's go full Trottle

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Religion:
    Atheist
    The standards 2000 years ago would be viewed as pedophilia today. If a girl bled, she was to be impregnated as quickly as possible regardless of age. If Aisha bled at 6 years old, then she was considered a woman capable of conception.

People didn't live so long. And the common practice was this, everyone on the planet did this.

In certain parts of Indonesia a girl can get married at the age of 12 legally today. It's a perturbing tradition that has persisted for thousands of years here.

I mean I was offered a daughter of some family here, she was 16 I was 29 at the time, that's WEIRD. okay, but apparently this is still normal.

4. Spiderman

Spiderman Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,038
    Religion:
    Shintopathic
    Well, some places I've lived, good luck explaining "she bled"...inmates treat such a man like the most disgusting, cowardly, worthless, pathetic, shameful, disgraceful excuses for a human being... I'd prefer to be one of the vermin I fed to my python, then be in their shoes...

5. Cacotopia

Cacotopia Let's go full Trottle

Ratings:
    +1,383
    Religion:
    Atheist
    not everyone is a convicted criminal sorry.

6. Earthling

Earthling David Henson

Ratings:
    +758
    Religion:
    Bible Believer
    Mary had children after Jesus was born. Jesus had brothers. John 7:5 Matthew 12:46-50

7. Spiderman

Spiderman Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,038
    Religion:
    Shintopathic
    There are places in the Bible where brother in Hebrew culture means cousin, friend, or follower as well...yes, I'm not saying I know Jesus was an only child...as some claim...but i'm open to possibilities.