• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"no" on impeachment, once again, term limits seem like a fine idea

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
OP should have said "GOP, "no" on impeachment..."

Is there any question that senators and congressmen mostly put their own career interests ahead of what's good for the country and its citizens?

One term and you're done, and I'd be fine with a generous pension plan for these self-serving imposters.

I like the idea of term limits in theory, although it's disconcerting when considers that the only reason for having term limits is because the electorate has no backbone.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I like the idea of term limits in theory, although it's disconcerting when considers that the only reason for having term limits is because the electorate has no backbone.
And there are advantages to understanding how to work together and solve political problems. Can you imagine the chaos if there were endless supplies of noobs that had a very low level of understanding? I do wish that there was a way to hold the Congress to be more accountable, but every "solution" that I have seen so far tends to be worse than the problem.

I really like the gutsiness of Ocasio Cortez, but I shudder to think of a congress full of people like her.