• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more Hawaiian Pizza.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Casu-Marzu.png
source.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You heathen. First you heat the pan to sizzling hot-- a drop of water tossed will bounce around like a flea.

Meanwhile, you've had the steak out, resting so it's room temperature.

Then? You raise the steak up-- show it to the hot, sizzling pan:

"Steak, Pan. Pan, Steak"

Done. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Some prefer the seared taste, so a couple of seconds, each side on the sizzling-hot pan will do nicely.

:D

(never try this with chicken... don't ask...)

Or cut out the introductions

Classic_steak_tartare.jpg

I had steak tartare for dinner yesterday.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Anything sweet should be kept carefully separated salt or umami flavors
You'd be surprised how often a sweet/salty combo is used, as the two help to "balance out" each other. It's the principle as to how bacon showed up being paired with ice cream and chocolate, though that is too far for me.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Sweet is fine for deserts, but for main courses it's an uncivilized abomination!
Anything sweet should be kept carefully separated salt or umami flavors
That's prudery! There are many ways to balance flavours. A great bolognaise sauce is a classic example of the umami of all the meats (port, veal, beef, chicken livers and pancetta), sweetened with greatly reduced white wine and vine ripe tomatoes. A true classic.