• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No longer on Facebook.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Today i deactivated my Facebook account. I had not been in there for a few months and saw no use for it anymore.
I thinking of leaving most of the sosial media and live a real life (I did this the month i was away from RF and i found it to be better then online life :) )
What is your view on sosial media?

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Today i deactivated my Facebook account. I had not been in there for a few months and saw no use for it anymore.
I thinking of leaving most of the sosial media and live a real life (I did this the month i was away from RF and i found it to be better then online life :) )
My (anti-)social media is RF, my instant messenger is XMPP and I have e-mail. It's not that I'm not tech savvy, I used to be a programmer, it's because I'm tech savvy and have a pretty good understanding of who is doing what with my data.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So-called "social media" is little more than a front for surveillance capitalism. It isn't there to do its users any favors, it is there to harvest information about you and sell it to various bidders It is for that reason I refused to use any of it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I just use Facebook to talk with people in a running group. All my posts are positive or informative. TEDTalks, PositiveNews, nutrition. I have family on there but they ask how I've been and that's about it. No friends. Nothing negative. The LGBTForum I go to sometimes have a lot of youth going through experiences that make me grit my teeth knowing people on RF do and believe not knowing how they affect people. So I help with my testimony and advice and just support etc.

I'm not on Twitter, Instagram, etc cause I find nothing educational and worth using. RF is on a sliding scale. Years ago I had full conversations. Now people decide to converse than cut it short when they don't like how the conversation is headed. Other than that, I'm not really a social media person just for the point of going on it. Aka. I can live without Facebook, RF, and LGBTChat etc.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have only a few low traffic twitter feeds. I stay on facebook mostly to read posts from friends, a UU joke page and the Lights of Kabbalah page.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
the only social medium I do is religiousforums and somedays I skip that.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So-called "social media" is little more than a front for surveillance capitalism. It isn't there to do its users any favors, it is there to harvest information about you and sell it to various bidders It is for that reason I refused to use any of it.
What's the saying? If the service is free then you are the product?