• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Label...

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is nothing, nobody, living as a label...others put that label to you.
You are a Sufi ( according to your beliefs)
You are a Christian (according to your beliefs )
And so on.

The label is there to distinguish you from others....to tell that "ego is this" but
"I am not" the label that was put on "me" for following a certain set of spiritual teachings, the label of "the outward thingy and inward thingy that make us male or female" its a label to say "you are a man" or "you are a woman" it is a label to distinguish the gender, the "you" are not the gender, it is a being.

As soon a being identify with something, it becomes "that label"
Ending the identity is ending "your ego" to live as one being with no attachments.
The "I, Me,You,They, Us" disapears in to a void of nothingness and becomes one true being.

Some days ago I made an OP about if it was possible to have no name in this world.
It turns out that this world is build on lablels, so is the use of a Name.
But what if a being no longer identifying with that given name? What happens is that others will use that label to "identify you as a single person" but if the being let the name go, not identify as it, it will still respond when others use it to contact the "You" they see the being as.

"Seeker of White Light" is a label of what is being done, not on "the being" that doing an action toward something "Seeker of White Light " only tells what the being doing, not identifying as identity.

The only thing that can exist unconditionally is Love and Light (God). Everything outside Love and Light is ego.

Seeker of white light do not seek to gain anything, the seeker only letting go of what has been held on to as an identifier of the ego.

If you fight others, you are fighting your own ego.....if you love others, you are loving your own being. (Not self)

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is nothing, nobody, living as a lable....others put that lable to you.
You are a Sufi ( according to your beliefs)
You are a Christian (according to your beliefs )
And so on.

The lable is there to distinguish you from others....to tell that "ego is this" but
"I am not" the lable that was put on "me" for following a certain set of spiritual teachings, the lable of "the outward thingy and inward thingy that make us male or female" its a lable to say "you are a man" or "you are a woman" it is a lable to distinguish the gender, the "you" are not the gender, it is a being.

As soon a being identify with something, it becomes "that lable"
Ending the identity is ending "your ego" to live as one being with no attachments.
The "I, Me,You,They, Us" disapears in to a void of nothingness and becomes one true being.

Some days ago I made an OP about if it was possible to have no name in this world.
It turns out that this world is build on lables, so is the use of a Name.
But what if a being no longer identifying with that given name? What happens is that others will use that lable to "identify you as a single person" but if the being let the name go, not identify as it, it will still respond when others use it to contact the "You" they see the being as.

"Seeker of White Light" is a lable of what is being done, not on "the being" that doing an action toward something "Seeker of White Light " only tells what the being doing, not identifying as identity.

The only thing that can exist unconditionally is Love and Light (God). Everything outside Love and Light is ego.

Seeker of white light do not seek to gain anything, the seeker only letting go of what has been held on to as an identifier of the ego.

If you fight others, you are fighting your own ego.....if you love others, you are loving your own being. (Not self)
Actually it's spelled Label.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
I love this post so much. You get very close to putting the incommunicable into words here. I'm genuinely impressed.

Stressing the fact that labels serve as a way to divide people, by category, by defining them as much by what they "aren't" as what they "are" is such an insightful point.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Some can assign meaning to labels, while recognizing that labels prop up the ego, but the self lacks confidence so needs the label, and can expose the use of labels as bad as a means for transparency, but still can't move past the need and attraction to labels to know the self, but what is the self if defined by labels, so who am I?

Fear response mechanism kicks in, and a retreat into ideology ensues.