• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No jail time for woman who admitted having sex with 13-year-old, having his baby

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No jail time for woman who admitted having sex with 13-year-old, having his baby

I'm wonder if they'll garnish his allowance for child support.

The article said the victim's family is asking for custody.

The victim’s family is also looking ahead to the next steps in this case. They plan on asking the courts to give the 13-year-old custody of the baby. Currently, Serrano has custody. Serrano will find out in May how long she’ll be on probation.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Of course. This is another example of how attitudes are inconsistent based on the sex of the victim and the assailant.
Independently from age.
Because if it's a woman who sexually harasses a man, that is not considered a crime.

On the contrary, if a man puts a hand on a woman's shoulder, that's sexual harassment.

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
The US seems to be turning more and more into a dumpster fire by the day. It's so sad what has become of a country with so much wealth and potential to do better.
And a lot of it due to weird sexual attitudes. Strange that they have that attitude in Colorado Springs, the evangelical stronghold of the west. I figured they liked to come down hard on unmarried sex.

Viker

Häxan
Independently from age.
Because if it's a woman who sexually harasses a man, that is not considered a crime.

On the contrary, if a man puts a hand on a woman's shoulder, that's sexual harassment.
An adult having "sex" with any minor should/must be considered rape. It's that simple. The laws in the US are inconsistent, only applying to some adults and certain groups of people. Why have any sex crime laws if they do not apply to the general public?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
An adult having "sex" with any minor should/must be considered rape. It's that simple. The laws in the US are inconsistent, only applying to some adults and certain groups of people. Why have any sex crime laws if they do not apply to the general public?

I don't doubt that the sexual relation was consensual. The truth is that sex with a minor is illegal, period.
Regardless of consent.

Two minors can have sex, but there must be a small age difference (in my country it is within 3 years).

PureX

Veteran Member
There is no good way to resolve this. Punishment seems a bit pointless and unnecessarily vindictive. I suppose it's the well-being of the baby that matters, now. Which I expect would be better off with it's mother than it's young teenage father.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
There is no good way to resolve this. Punishment seems a bit pointless and unnecessarily vindictive. I suppose it's the well-being of the baby that matters, now. Which I expect would be better off with it's mother than it's young teenage father.

Considering the boy's family wants the baby, I expect the baby to be better off with them.

PureX

Veteran Member
Considering the boy's family wants the baby, I expect the baby to be better off with them.
They also are very angry, and want vengeance on the mother. And to saddle their teenage son with a baby he is not really responsible for existing. I don't think they are thinking about the well-being of their son or of the child.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I'm not sure that a baby is better off with a child raping parent.