• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Greater Love and Unconditional Love

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Is the following verse an example of unconditional love?

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The greatest love only has one condition. No evildoers. The rest is unconditional come as you are stuff.

Thats not to say their aint no mercy. Mercy is love too. So is just punishment for that matter.

PruePhillip

It applies a condition. So.... no.
Took the words right out of my fingers

Oh yes, Absolutely. There's Conditions.
Conditions don't invalidate the love though.
And as much as Jesus loved the whole
world, He couldn't have fellowship with
those who hated him. And as the Old
Testament often stated, there would be
many who wouldn't believe in the Messiah
or even despise and kill Him.

dfnj

Is the following verse an example of unconditional love?

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

There's not such thing as unconditional love. Everyone judges everyone else to the greatest possible degree. Only God is capable of being non-judgmental and it takes ALL of His strength to do so!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It applies a condition. So.... no.
unconditional = without limitation, allow me to convey it another way.

unconditional surrender to love. or without condition = all conditions, or under any condition love

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The greatest love only has one condition. No evildoers. The rest is unconditional come as you are stuff.

Thats not to say their aint no mercy. Mercy is love too. So is just punishment for that matter.

i prefer the word correction; which means bringing into conformity. like a teacher correcting a students work. it's not a punishment; so much as it is a understanding of what is right and acceptable.

from the teacher's point of view the solution for the problem is wrong. they then show the student the error of "their" ways because the answer should be the same for everyone. the answer isn't personal.

from the student's point of view, if they can set aside their ego, it's helpful. if the student can't set aside the ego, then its seen as a punishment.

reproving can be an act of love; especially when it endangers the welfare of the unlearned, or their intended victims.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
There's not such thing as unconditional love. Everyone judges everyone else to the greatest possible degree. Only God is capable of being non-judgmental and it takes ALL of His strength to do so!

is unconditional surrender possible?

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

is unconditional surrender possible?

if the strongman had known what hour the thief was coming he would have went out to meet him with bread and wine, he would have loved him. there is a weakness in all armor. there is no wall that can keep love out indefinitely.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Oh yes, Absolutely. There's Conditions.
Conditions don't invalidate the love though.
And as much as Jesus loved the whole
world, He couldn't have fellowship with
those who hated him. And as the Old
Testament often stated, there would be
many who wouldn't believe in the Messiah
or even despise and kill Him.

under all conditions = unconditional = all is fair in love and war because selfless love makes all selves equal, or ONE, or atonement.

omnibenevolent = all loving

with love one judges righteously.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
judging right is impersonal love. it works the same way for everyone. basically altruism is a form of unconditional love.

impersonal - lacking reference to a particular person:

actually lacking reference to a particular person or thing for that matter.

animals are capable of some form of love.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Does your definition include love of the devil ??

love your enemies. I AM the devil. i am that and otherness. i am the vajra the thunder perfect mind.

Psalm 139:12
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.

i turned inward, unto and upon self, through the underworld i traveled, from hell, from the cremation grounds, i have ascended. love drew me out and annihilated myself, selfless, kenosis, oblivion.

slain under the throne.

now fade into you
strange you never knew - fade into you - mazzy star

Shadow (psychology) - Wikipedia

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So how are you helping the devil to spread misery?
you asked if i loved the devil. i never stated i was harming anyone, or assisting anyone to do so.

love does no harm.

with love all things are possible.

love covers all sins

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
To which god do you refer?

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
So do YOU love the devil?
I'd suggest you cease to take that one seriously. What they quoted you are lyrics.
https://www.google.com/search?q=lov...t+mind.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab

When you asked that one if they loved the devil they answered that they were braying.
What animal brays? Starts with an A and is not allowed to be written here because it can be confused with a body part.
But you get the idea as pertains to their answer to you. And how serious they are about showing respect to you; not.

There's an old wisdom. When someone tells you who they are the first time, believe them.
"Fool".