• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No God, but Satan...?

Exactly true, that is, understanding something's origin to understand the thing. Christianity is no more or less a 'lie' than any other link in the long causal chain of mythology/religion though. It all stands on the same level field of epistemological nothingness. There is no 'truth', just made up ideas and those that propagate them.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Exactly true, that is, understanding something's origin to understand the thing. Christianity is no more or less a 'lie' than any other link in the long causal chain of mythology/religion though. It all stands on the same level field of epistemological nothingness. There is no 'truth', just made up ideas and those that propagate them.
There is no objective truth only subjective truths

Well, kind of. I would say calling beliefs 'truths' is pretty generous. They certainly would not pass any sort of epistemological standard.

More like, there are only 'truths' within a given context. Water is wet, I am 6 foot 3 inches tall. Both true, both verified within context(wetness is defined, imperial measurements have been codified). Saying X is 'truth'(subjective or otherwise) simply because someone believes it is simply bald apologetics.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
There is no objective truth only subjective truths

A Setian Magus once said that "The only Truth is that of Being". Not sure I agree that it is the only Truth, but I do think there is Truth of Being. I think we all have within us individual truths that shape that which we are. The Setian Path of Xeper leads one to uncover and become those hidden, latent truths which shape his/her own Being.

Xeper em Ma'at.

Last edited:

Bhairava

Yes. I follow Kapalika Saivism and its ancient and left hand path. I have only one tattoo and its a backward swastika carved over my heart that represents the Left Hand Tantric Path and enlightenment.