• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"No evidence of God" = Is a bad argument against God

rational experiences

Veteran Member
You're entitled to your opinion.

It's not one I share.

The difficulty I have is that God is readily explicable as an idea, a concept, something imagined, that has no real referent, no real equivalent. God is only found in minds.

One easy example is God sitting on [his] omnipotent hands all day and every while little kids come to grief ─ drown, for example. A powerful being who was both benevolent and real would simply not do that. Rather ─ at no expense to [him]self whatsoever ─ [he]'d rescue the infant. Why would [he] not? I would if I could.

The idea that infants eg drown because God is 'hiding' makes no sense.
The idea of your idea always puts human murder in the topic as you can't answer honestly.

Altfish

Veteran Member
This notion of there being some sort of supernatural deity in purposeful hiding from us humans, so as to avoid interfering with the mind set of said humans subjugated to tests performed by this very hypothetical supernatural hidden deity, is neither verifiable nor falsifiable.
Like gods themselves

Heyo

Veteran Member
If string theory proves to be a valid explanation for the fundamental constituents of the universe being one-dimensional “strings” rather than point-like particles, then the computer code found within string theory could be a real indication of our simulated universe being controlled by God!
Or gods. I asked the question before you hit the scene: Are the Programmers Gods?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The idea of your idea always puts human murder in the topic as you can't answer honestly.
So please make it clear to me ─

IF God has objective existence, is real
and IF God is all-powerful
and IF God is all-knowing
and IF God is benevolent
and if God is moral
THEN why does God sit on [his] hands and just watch while children die ─ in the example I was using, drown?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A human said. I looked by vision and thought back when I never travelled. I lied. A human scientist theist is a liar.

As a hurt adult man's life sacrificed I too looked back. Jesus story told before he rebuilt temple science by old science stories. Stated don't practice science. Totally one hundred per cent ignored.

Angry humans could have cared less about your Roman Jesus teachings as you were told science was evil. Why they hated you for good human reasons.

You got life sacrificed by doing technology again.

I told my brother the satanist. Said Jesus a review of humans. My man's life goes back to a woman's human ovary as a man's life.

An adult woman owns the woman body and ovary is not a man.

So I cannot thesis including life's continuance from my man's consciousness as I'm not a woman human not any ovary owner.

A direct man the scientist is an acute destroyer liar as the legal human warning.

Why the theist said he was inmaculate. When he wasn't. As that was evening skies position. Not any human. Proven lying.

We live by light existing the day.

His father man adult life body dies owns death he said. Teaching as correct man only advice. All life dies.

Then he said I get a miraculous life given back by a woman human. Chosen life only by sex. So I am returned from my father man's dead life inheritance only due to a human woman.

An exact teaching why a man is not allowed to theory.

Which isn't any god.

If a man pretends he's a God he claims it normally secretly in his egotists man humans head. Secret thoughts. Doesn't say it out aloud.

You began proclaiming yourself a God as a human yourself possessed by sciences claim man is part machine. As a science Satan theme.

Instead image and voice recording is in the gas status and waters bio lost microbes as a mass equalling a humans life.

Isn't in any machines anywhere.

Today you transmit machine to machine. So are you so possessed that you think you live inside machines scientists?

Even after the bible said no man is God you still self idolised a scientists claim you personally owned all powers...claiming you were a God.

In life mind rich man's living conditions human falsified owning natural body types themselves. Extra bodies beyond being human and equal.

Like ....I dig up gold. Just a rock. I however proclaim it's value. So I can begin to proclaim my higher status ownership. I grow food when nature owns it first and then make us pay you to eat.

Is how you came about claiming you personally owned gods powers.

So as you blow up.atoms do you think humans biology own atoms so you can react us and blow us up too?

As you seem to want humans convinced we have spaces powers floating inside our biology as if we are the body of space owning as a human.

My human father I know wasn't ever a God. My memory says he wasn't. His memory says he wasn't. He had sex to own human babies.

Using machine contact programs today science in America proclaims it will find God in human's body biology as they say so. Yet they want it for a machines reaction.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
So please make it clear to me ─

IF God has objective existence, is real
and IF God is all-powerful
and IF God is all-knowing
and IF God is benevolent
and if God is moral
THEN why does God sit on [his] hands and just watch while children die ─ in the example I was using, drown?
Your example you apply by inference as instructions.

God a h uman man who says he's God as men and organisation own why human children live as men adult father's. Men who take them and murder them as human men or via their criminal group

You all know you do it yourselves.

God. Fake brother science theist God.

Yet you like to blame a deity so noone will look and see who you are.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
This life is a test from God. This life is like a school. That is the reason God is hiding. Because if God showed himself to all humans then this life would not have been a test anymore.

"No evidence of God" is because of this a bad argument against God.

I believe in God without evidence because God is hiding on purpose.

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?
The problem I have with all this - as to there being evidence or not - is that humans seem to have the ability to fashion whatever reasonable arguments (and unreasonable ones) as to such as they can, with many believing as to their preferences, but it doesn't seem to get any closer to a resolution of the issue. And of course we all have different levels as to what we might accept as 'evidence', as pointed out by another. For every bit of evidence as to the existence of a God one could point out so many other bits of evidence as to the contrary - unless one just then alters the parameters surrounding this proposed God to suit the evidence. Much like how we tend to anthropomorphise many aspects of God which suits how we see such perhaps. For me, there tends to be more evidence as to God and religions coming from humans alone, given typical human behaviour and our vulnerabilities.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your example you apply by inference as instructions.
That is, you don't think that's how a reasonable moral entity who can do so without effort should act?

If you should see a see a child drowning, you feel no imperative to help? You just make a video of it instead? You just finish your sandwich and go home?

I fear our views are oceans apart.
Yet you like to blame a deity so noone will look and see who you are.
I don't blame any deity for anything, any more than I blame Sherlock Holmes or Batman for anything.

RestlessSoul

Arguments for and against the existence of God are unlikely to resolve anything. This forum provides plenty of evidence in support of that observation.

It seems there are no reasoned arguments which can persuade a non believer to suspend his or her disbelief; and there is no logical construct however eloquently put or elegantly constructed, which can rob a man or woman of her sincerely held faith; for people of faith know that it is not of the head, it is of the heart.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Arguments for and against the existence of God are unlikely to resolve anything. This forum provides plenty of evidence in support of that observation.

It seems there are no reasoned arguments which can persuade a non believer to suspend his or her disbelief; and there is no logical construct however eloquently put or elegantly constructed, which can rob a man or woman of her sincerely held faith; for people of faith know that it is not of the head, it is of the heart.

Well, I am so split because I am a product of the idea of objective knowledge and that is ingrained in my brain, so I can't let it go, but on the other hand I am a skeptic as I know that the idea of objective knowledge is that; an idea. So how absurd it is, I have faith in the idea of objective knowledge, yet I can't do everyday life without having faith in humans. That is of the heart and how I am in part is split and can do both.

RestlessSoul

Well, I am so split because I am a product of the idea of objective knowledge and that is ingrained in my brain, so I can't let it go, but on the other hand I am a skeptic as I know that the idea of objective knowledge is that; an idea. So how absurd it is, I have faith in the idea of objective knowledge, yet I can't do everyday life without having faith in humans. That is of the heart and how I am in part is split and can do both.

Well one way of looking at that might be to say that you are fortunate - blessed, even - in being able to understand both the language of the head, and the language of the heart. However confusing that may sometimes be.

ajay0

Yes, this is a bad argument.

There may be alien civilizations in other planets, and our inability to detect them with our sensors and technologies at hand, does not necessarily mean that aliens do not exist.

The fault would lie with our instruments and technologies at hand. This could also be the reason why we are not in any position to detect God with our instruments and technologies at present, which could similarly be not good enough.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well one way of looking at that might be to say that you are fortunate - blessed, even - in being able to understand both the language of the head, and the language of the heart. However confusing that may sometimes be.

Here is an example from ethics about the heart:
Trust is not of our own making; it is given. Our life is so constituted that it cannot be lived except as one person lays him or herself open to another person and puts him or herself into that person’s hands either by showing or claiming trust. By our very attitude to another we help to shape that person’s world. By our attitude to the other person we help to determine the scope and hue of his or her world; we make it large or small, bright or drab, rich or dull, threatening or secure. We help to shape his or her world not by theories and views but by our very attitude towards him or her. Herein lies the unarticulated and one might say anonymous demand that we take care of the life which trust has placed in our hands.
K.E. Løgstrup The Ethical Demand (Notre Dame, IN: Notre Dame University Press, 1997) p.18

That can never be understood in a strong rationally, objective or with evidence sense. In an absurd sense it is irrational and that is what makes it true.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Yes, this is a bad argument.

There may be alien civilizations in other planets, and our inability to detect them with our sensors and technologies at hand, does not necessarily mean that aliens do not exist.

The fault would lie with our instruments and technologies at hand. This could also be the reason why we are not in any position to detect God with our instruments and technologies at present, which could similarly be not good enough.

You mean God is like aliens living in a far away galaxy never interacting with humans?

This life is a test from God. This life is like a school. That is the reason God is hiding. Because if God showed himself to all humans then this life would not have been a test anymore.

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

I agree that "no evidence" is not a good argument, however I think we have evidence for God.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Interesting how religious people always know what their god is doing and make up all sorts of illogical ideas to cover the fact that no evidence of gods exist.

Makes me wonder