• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"No evidence of God" = Is a bad argument against God

Audie

Veteran Member
This life is a test from The Flying Spaghetti Monster. This life is like a school. That is the reason The Flying Spaghetti Monster is hiding. Because if The Flying Spaghetti Monster showed himself to all humans then this life would not have been a test anymore.

"No evidence of The Flying Spaghetti Monster" is because of this a bad argument against The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster without evidence because The Flying Spaghetti Monster is hiding on purpose.

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

You could come here and help watch for
some Lo Ting. Lamma Island has some
nice places to eat while watching the water.

Dont be discouraged by lack of ebidence that
anyone has seen one.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
This life is a test from God. This life is like a school. That is the reason God is hiding. Because if God showed himself to all humans then this life would not have been a test anymore.

"No evidence of God" is because of this a bad argument against God.

I believe in God without evidence because God is hiding on purpose.

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?
I have rated one's post as "winner" for the following good points":
  1. This life is a test from God.
  2. This life is like a school. That is the reason God is hiding.
  3. Because if God showed himself to all humans then this life would not have been a test anymore.
  4. "No evidence of God" is because of this a bad argument against God.
  5. I believe in God without evidence because God is hiding on purpose.
All good arguments.
Have these reasonable arguments been supported by one's scripture from G-d, for claims and reasons, please?

Regards

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This life is a test from God. This life is like a school. That is the reason God is hiding. Because if God showed himself to all humans then this life would not have been a test anymore.

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?
All the Bible characters never had to do that. Just saying.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?
I think it's always interesting when a theist argues for why God would have really good reasons to act as if he doesn't exist and how there's infinite wisdom in God doing nothing at all.

It's like the "Girlfriend in Canada" trope.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
True.

One defect is that "argument against God" is way too vague. Is it supposed to be an argument against God's existence? (That conclusion wouldn't seem to follow and many atheists today insist that isn't what they are claiming.)
It's an argument that the whole notion of God is made up.

Does this mean that God can't exist? Well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day, so the mere fact that someone's belief system is unjustified and unreliable doesn't absolutely mean they can't be correct.

An argument that other people shouldn't believe in God? (They would have the burden of arguing that case.) A reason why they themselves don't believe? (It might be an accurate account of that.)

Is the hair-splitting distinction between "we know this is made up nonsense" and "this is indistinguishable from made up nonsense in every way we can measure it" enough to hang your belief system on?

It wouldn't be enough for me, but you do you.

But more fundamentally, I think that the initial premise is very likely defective. In other words, the proposition 'There is no evidence for the existence of God' is arguably false.

There is no end of religious experience. There are (purported) revelations and (purported) miracles. And one could certainly argue (and many natural theologians have) that the existence of the universe and the order that it displays is itself evidence of God.

Obviously atheists can and do argue against all that. But that leaves them arguing less that there is no evidence than that there is no evidence that they are willing to accept. Which is indisputable but largely unconvincing to theists.
Reasonable people can have differing points of view on where to set the bar for what should constitute "evidence"... but only above a certain threshold. If your bar is set so low that mutually exclusive claims would all clear it, then your bar is objectively too low.

... but if you still want to set your bar so low that your god clears it, then I think it's fair to say that there's evidence both for and against God, and that the evidence against God is generally stronger than the evidence for God.

Does taking that approach help your case? I don't think it does.

That's certainly one way of looking it it. It also has the additional advantage of providing a possible answer to the problem of evil. That's one reason why I like it.
How does saying that God is testing us help resolve the Problem of Evil?

It seems to me this would just imply that God inflicted evil on his creation deliberately, which cuts off a number of arguments apologists try to use. Meanwhile, I don't see how it would help excuse God's actions.

stevecanuck

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

A question. Why did God feel the need to reveal himself to his various prophets? Why couldn't they simply be made to 'feel' the need to climb the mountain or to build the ark? Then when tablets are just sitting there waiting to be found, or when the flood came, they could honestly say that God must have willed them to do it. Now, that's a more convincing story, wouldn't you say?

As soon as the burning bush starting talking to him, Moses no longer needed to rely on faith. He literally had God talking to him, so he was no longer being tested. Same with Adam, Noah, Mohamed, etc.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
A question. Why did God feel the need to reveal himself to his various prophets? Why couldn't they simply be made to 'feel' the need to climb the mountain or to build the ark? Then when tablets are just sitting there waiting to be found, or when the flood came, they could honestly say that God must have willed them to do it. Now, that's a more convincing story, wouldn't you say?

As soon as the burning bush starting talking to him, Moses no longer needed to rely on faith. He literally had God talking to him, so he was no longer being tested. Same with Adam, Noah, Mohamed, etc.
So,?... they all had their time of testing.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
This life is a test from The Flying Spaghetti Monster. This life is like a school. That is the reason The Flying Spaghetti Monster is hiding. Because if The Flying Spaghetti Monster showed himself to all humans then this life would not have been a test anymore.

"No evidence of The Flying Spaghetti Monster" is because of this a bad argument against The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster without evidence because The Flying Spaghetti Monster is hiding on purpose.

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Well played.

Watchmen

Premium Member

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?
Sounds like god is a dick. If I was an all-powerful, all knowing “father,” I’d sure let my kids know I existed and would help them reach their greatest potential.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

The existence of God is based on faith and belief and not any evidence based argument bsed on physical based evidence. Actually from the non-believer's perspective this is the best argument against the existence of God. It work's best for the agnostic. Most atheists today do not claim absolutely no God(s) exist, but believe there is no reason to believe God(s) exist, because of the lack of evidence and the many conflicting and variable beliefs in God(s) every different religion claims their God(s) or the 'Source' is the only true belief.

I believe in a ;Source; some call 'God(s), I am agnostic concerning the claims of God(s0 from the perspective of the many diverse and conflicting ancient religions, t

'One purpose?' Your giving God an anthropomorphic view that God makes human purposeful choices to do or not do what God wants, If the 'Source[ some call God{s) exists it i not the anthropomorphic variable versions of ancient religions.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Do you want to be killed?

I remember as a Christian that I believed I needed God in my life to make me a good person, but I no longer believe that. My personal experience with breaking free from my Christian faith is the reason why I like this Penn Jillette quote so much. It took me years to free myself from the Christian indoctrination I had been subjected to over the years, and it was very difficult for me to break free of it all. I don't regret forsaking my Christian faith. My only regret is that I held on to my false hope in God for too long when I could have saved myself years of anxiety and depression. To be honest, I'm an ideal example of how deeply a person can be controlled by a religion. It was a painful experience for me to detox from my Christian faith, but I'm honestly much better off since I disavowed my faith in God.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Please note the discovery of error correcting codes within the equations of symmetry is a rigorously proven theorem.

Reference: https://www.quora.com/Is-theoretica...mmunity-and-has-it-been-corroborated-by-other

Is theoretical physicist James Gates’ intriguing discovery of error-correcting codes within the equations of supersymmetry accepted within the theoretical physicist community, and has it been corroborated by other physicists?

Tristan Hubsch
, PhD Physics, University of Maryland, College Park (1987)
Answered 3 years ago · Author has 1.4K answers and 1M answer views

A.: The discovery is a rigorously proven theorem.

To be precise, the (error-detecting and error-correcting binary doubly-even linear block) codes were discovered/identified within the classification of worldline off-shell supermultiplets without central charge [On Graph-Theoretic Identifications of Adinkras, Supersymmetry Representations and Superfields, by C.F. Doran, M.G. Faux, S.J. Gates, Jr., T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Int. J. Mod. Phys. A22 (2007) 869-930, arXiv:math-ph/0512016]. It was then proven that these (minimal) supermultiplets in turn encode the continuum of all possible worldline supermultiplets [On General Off-Shell Representations of Worldline (1D) Supersymmetry, by C.F. Doran, T. Hübsch, K.M. Iga and G.D. Landweber: Symmetry 6 no. 1, (2014) 67–88, arXiv:1310.3258]. See also my answer to “James Gates claims that he found code in string theory. Does that imply that we live in a simulation?”

If string theory proves to be a valid explanation for the fundamental constituents of the universe being one-dimensional “strings” rather than point-like particles, then the computer code found within string theory could be a real indication of our simulated universe being controlled by God!

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?

This notion of there being some sort of supernatural deity in purposeful hiding from us humans, so as to avoid interfering with the mind set of said humans subjugated to tests performed by this very hypothetical supernatural hidden deity, is neither verifiable nor falsifiable.

Last edited:

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This is my opinion.

Any thoughts?
You're entitled to your opinion.

It's not one I share.

The difficulty I have is that God is readily explicable as an idea, a concept, something imagined, that has no real referent, no real equivalent. God is only found in minds.

One easy example is God sitting on [his] omnipotent hands all day and every while little kids come to grief ─ drown, for example. A powerful being who was both benevolent and real would simply not do that. Rather ─ at no expense to [him]self whatsoever ─ [he]'d rescue the infant. Why would [he] not? I would if I could.

The idea that infants eg drown because God is 'hiding' makes no sense.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As a human I know my place.

A human on earth with other humans all Living the same natural life. The human.

My place known exact by my human consciousness without any other theme.

My place my wisdom my knowledge is exact.

Then a theist owning first intention of a machine and a machines reaction says to my life tell me where God is.

As theism first wasn't theories to claim where a human came from as theists history.

Isn't a sane human nor never was a sane human. Said by inherited causes sacrificed human biology.

And then claiming said God is hence hiding is also not a sane thought.

As humans learnt some humans know their place in natural life and others try to take over and force unnatural placement. By human only intention first.

Being the theist human the scientist.

So a natural human says everything I need I own and am supported by.

And you as the other human who lies in your want of lying is by the thoughts you make in your head first. A choice. What I learnt is an type of insanity. As no one told you to make those types of thoughts.

It was a choice only.

You claim God is hidden as a power inside of any fused earth bodies. And you wanted to find it. Notice the deity first is the human only. The theist deity by intentions how I think words.

So as a natural human you look direct at the source and substance and see its natural form. As I can do the same...I look I see. Not a being.

It's exact.

Then you took the formed body exact a substance and attacked it.

It hadn't existed in created creation for you to change nor attack. You weren't looking for another being inside the substance you wanted the origin substance changed. It's form exact.

Therefore upon reflection of causes conjured a fake image whilst changing the substance. Only as your own human idea a Hidden presence of any energy type.

As you said energy was held in frozen variables from very cold to very hot. In substance.

As you have to be living as human biology to own and choose the intent. Recognise the intent. In full knowledge your intent ....you then lied about causes as your own brain mind the deity first human had changed.

What was intent substance change gone by thoughts intent now related only what it inherited. Changed body mass...notice you use the theme body in the theme.

As a thinking human I can claim I believe once another type of pre body existed that changed owning why anything is present today. Yet that same advice says what it once was is gone.

Why don't you? Real answer is you actually wished it hadn't changed. You theoried about everything being put back together to be it's origins.

Is the human who pretended I will invent the God myself.

If you have to argue about why a human hears recorded voice and sees image in the heaven. Human science already taught why it had conjured and caused it.

Today still using it as a machines purpose. By machines...as machine conditions...a machine to a machine. Recorded human speaking voices and recorded human images. As if part of natural life isn't living anymore.

So if you want to give yourself back the deity you lost from yourself it's visionary only now and you can't put it back. Theme all human only to regain your origin human self deity...a first origin human without sciences caused causes.

The human teaching that legally by law said why no man is God as a summary of a human theist.