• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"No evidence of God" = Is a bad argument against God

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't oppose gun safety...
Good, then support laws that limit the assess to guns to those who are not fit to use them responsibly. If you refuse, then you DO oppose gun safety. More guns is NOT safe. Public shootings are NOT safe for anyone.

I think everyone should be required to learn gun safety in school.
Why? Not everyone has an interest in guns. The vast majority of citizens have any interest in guns, why do you want to force lessons?

Do you promote sex education schools since everyone will have sexual desires as they mature?

How about life living skills, like managing credit?

And guns save more lives in this country every year than they take, but those stories rarely make national news.
I doubt this claim. But it is absurd if true because I would assume the lives saved by guns are in defense from gun threats? So there is still a culture of gun deaths because you refuse to acknowledge there is as serious problem with gun availability and a violent citizenry.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Why? Not everyone has an interest in guns. The vast majority of citizens have any interest in guns, why do you want to force lessons?

Do you promote sex education schools since everyone will have sexual desires as they mature?

How about life living skills, like managing credit?
Gun safety is a life skills issue.

Tiberius

The fertilized egg is a chicken egg? If it's from a human, when isn't it human?

Is this an oak tree? Please answer just yes or no.

getty_621260708_200013331653767347333_403742.jpg

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Is this an oak tree? Please answer just yes or no.

View attachment 63287
Not yet...but it's not anything like a human being, which has unique human genetics from fertilization onward

Terms like “zygote,” “embryo,” and “fetus” describe stages of biological human development and as such, do not describe the development into a human person.
Personhood is attained from the moment of fertilization.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because you losers already gave up your guns :)
Yes: the people who stood up, took responsibility, and did what they needed to do to protect the vulnerable are the losers.

Not the people who are too frightened to go to Wal-Mart without packing heat. Nothing loserish at all about that. Nothing at all.

Tiberius

Not yet...

So that's a NO.

but it's not anything like a human being, which has unique human genetics from fertilization onward

And the acorn has special oak genetics from fertilization onward. You'll have to do better than special pleading.

Terms like “zygote,” “embryo,” and “fetus” describe stages of biological human development and as such, do not describe the development into a human person.

Irrelevant. A fertilized egg is not a person.

Personhood is attained from the moment of fertilization.

Opinion with no support.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Gun safety is a life skills issue.
No it isn't. The sad fact is the drills for children to learn how to hide from a mass shooter in their school. That must be what you mean. Little children having to learn that some day a person will enter their school with a gun and try to murder them. That is what your side, the anti-life and liberty coalition, wants to do to children. Your side of the nation has led to kids spending school time to learn how to hide from mass murders. You offer no sympathy to the pain, fear, and anxiety these children suffer from as a result. You don't care for anything but guns.

You want the families of victims to harden up and get over the deaths of their children. You offer not a single step towards limiting access to guns by anyone, including those unfit in society. You expect the rest of society to adjust to the massive number of guns in society like we live in a war zone, yet demonstrate no moral strength to realize your love of guns is the sickness our nation suffers from.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
No it isn't. The sad fact is the drills for children to learn how to hide from a mass shooter in their school. That must be what you mean. Little children having to learn that some day a person will enter their school with a gun and try to murder them. That is what your side, the anti-life and liberty coalition, wants to do to children. Your side of the nation has led to kids spending school time to learn how to hide from mass murders. You offer no sympathy to the pain, fear, and anxiety these children suffer from as a result. You don't care for anything but guns.

You want the families of victims to harden up and get over the deaths of their children. You offer not a single step towards limiting access to guns by anyone, including those unfit in society. You expect the rest of society to adjust to the massive number of guns in society like we live in a war zone, yet demonstrate no moral strength to realize your love of guns is the sickness our nation suffers from.
Totally how I see it too. Living in the UK, we all seem to have missed out as to learning about guns and what to do if we were attacked in school - life was so dull then - but the playgrounds were full of unbridled laughter and squeals of kids enjoying themselves, and not ones having any expectation of ever being attacked - can never recall such even being part of any conversation. The only time a weapon was ever seen was when the armed services came along occasionally to promote their services and hopefully gain future recruits. I'm sure most kids, and now adults, appreciated not having what some countries seem to require simply in order to function as a society. :oops: