• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No enemies

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you think it is possible to live as human being without have any enemies in life?
With this i do not mean that others see you as enemy, but that you can live calm and not see any living beings as your enemy?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Do you think it is possible to live as human being without have any enemies in life?
With this i do not mean that others see you as enemy, but that you can live calm and not see any living beings as your enemy?

Sure, but you can't control the actions of others if they wish to do you harm. I can eliminate a threat without considering a threatening person as an enemy. Living in calmness does not mean you have to become a doormat.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sure, but you can't control the actions of others if they wish to do you harm. I can eliminate a threat without considering a threatening person as an enemy. Living in calmness does not mean you have to become a doormat.

Well i dont consider my self as a doormat, But i do not see any reason to have any enemies in the world. As you say, i can not control what others do to me, but i can control what i do to others. and that is to not harm

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Well i dont consider my self as a doormat, But i do not see any reason to have any enemies in the world. As you say, i can not control what others do to me, but i can control what i do to others. and that is to not harm

Even if their sole intent is to harm you or innocent members of your family?

Shantanu

If you live like a moron and do not achieve anything substantial in life you will not make enemies.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Even if their sole intent is to harm you or innocent members of your family?

If someone try to harm my family i protect the family, but i will not harm anyone with attaching them back, i do not see harmig others as a right action

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If someone try to harm my family i protect the family, but i will not harm anyone with attaching them back, i do not see harmig others as a right action

How would you protect your family from an attack?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have no natural enemies. I did not get along with one brother-in-law over the years, but had the joyous good fortune of dancing on his grave. He was more an idiot than a enemy, as enemies can usually hurt you where idiots simply bark a lot. So, no, I live is a safe universe that is not out to get me.

Treating some folks as enemies is actually a bit of an alien concept for me as I have never needed to label and person or group accordingly.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I have no natural enemies. I did not get along with one brother-in-law over the years, but had the joyous good fortune of dancing on his grave. He was more an idiot than a enemy, as enemies can usually hurt you where idiots simply bark a lot. So, no, I live is a safe universe that is not out to get me.

Treating some folks as enemies is actually a bit of an alien concept for me as I have never needed to label and person or group accordingly.

And why do I get the impression that you are an excellent dancer...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
And why do I get the impression that you are an excellent dancer...
As a kid, I was in 3 fights in my life. I lost all 3. It's not that I wasn't bullied, as everyone was in those days, I just became adept at doing diplomatic end-runs around other kids aggression.

I did eventually learn to stand my ground though as there is tremendous strength in that position without the need to get into violence.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
As a kid, I was in 3 fights in my life. I lost all 3. It's not that I wasn't bullied, as everyone was in those days, I just became adept at doing diplomatic end-runs around other kids aggression.

I did eventually learn to stand my ground though as there is tremendous strength in that position without the need to get into violence.

Same here. I was in 11 different schools by the time I was in the 6th grade. I learned how to make friends early.

Shantanu

Violence (physical) or verbal? - should both be avoided?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I dont see anyone as an enemy. I'm not the only one, I don't think. Can you clarify?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm sure that some can live without enemies.
Not me.
Tis best to crush them, see them driven before me,
& hear the lamentation of their significant others.
(But I do try to avoid making foes in the first place.)