• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No craving for meat

Erebus

I suspect the reason/s underlying this dietary preference would determine whether or not there is any temptation experienced.

You're most likely right. Bacon was an occasional treat when I was growing up so aside from liking the taste, I probably vaguely associate it with some positive memories too.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Are you quite ok with the grinding up of male chicks (alive) in order for you to be able to eat eggs?
I get my B12 from supplement pills.
Why would they grind up chicken to make eggs :confused:

I Am not ok with any form og harm toward animals. The chickens that lay the eggs i do eat are fed only on what they find on the ground. I do not eat eggs made in big industrial facrories

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Exactly. So the question regarding "The chickens that lay the eggs i do eat are fed only on what they find on the ground" is: What has happened to the male chicks?
I could say that because it is my neighbours hobby chickens who lay the eggs. it is not from a big company that do not have any moral toward harming animals

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
Why would they grind up chicken to make eggs :confused:
They are ground op alive because the male chicks have no use to the egg industry. The females are used for the egg production. You can find the graphic films of the grinding up process all over the internet. They are transported by an automatic belt until they fall between the revolving knives that chop them into pieces.
Eggs have a crudyfying influence on the mind just like meat, fish, alcohol, mushrooms, onions and garlic.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
They are ground op alive because the male chicks have no use to the egg industry. The females are used for the egg production. You can find the graphic films of the grinding up process all over the internet. They are transported by an automatic belt until they fall between the revolving knives that chop them into pieces.
Eggs have a crudyfying influence in the mind just like meat, fish, mushrooms, onions and garlic.
Those things you describe is not allowed in Norway by law.
Example, Chickens in cages are not allowed any more,

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
It is physical anyway. You have to eat at least some meat products or you will get sick. Strict vegetarian is not good for you.

Honestly, my vegan days were my healthiest ones. It always confuses me when people say veganism isn't healthy. I never felt better.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Honestly, my vegan days were my healthiest ones. It always confuses me when people say veganism isn't healthy. I never felt better.
Like smoking it takes time for symptoms to show over a course of many years.

Past a certain point extreme vegan is potentially disastrous and life threatening.

Same for meat eating. Too much and it's trouble.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Past a certain point extreme vegan is potentially disastrous and life threatening.

Everything done to the extreme is bad, a healthy life with vegetarian food choice is not unhealthy.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I still can't see it. I was vegan seven years. I only had health issues after adopting dairy back into my diet.

As long as one is eating a balanced diet, there's no reason it can't be healthy.

Though one can have a bad diet regardless of whether or not they omit animal products.