• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Class

can a classless society exist?

• can't happen.... class is required

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • class is an illusion and should be abolished

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Wrong, breeding, family history is the predominant indicator of class.
In my case, I currently reside in what was at one point in American history THE wealthiest county in the country. And it is still one of the wealthiest.

I am garbage ragdoll junk trash full of adversity. Why on earth do you think I am in a historic (and famous, by the way) place?

I am in a class of my own having value and worth too great to measure. I am peerless.

I have an aptitude and capacity unmatched. When my soul speaks it says "I was supposed to be born in England in the 1700's". I have an unusual relationship with the spirits of the founding fathers of the United States. NEW England is my lifelong home. I'm a New Englander, fo sho.

So, you think my family produced this? I was a foster kid and have been homeless several times. I've also been psychiatrically incarcerated 11 times.

People can't always see too well through the screen, ya know?

Class is comprised of principles and qualities and attributes with a heavy emphasis on our language and linguistics. The richer you are in vocabulary and articulation, the greater class you have regardless of your background and where you came from.

Ben Carson, anyone? He had almost all the odds stacked against him and he reached great levels of success, including a bid for the presidency.

Of course, demonstrating humility and grace also indicate class (even if yoass dressed like a ragdoll, mofo!).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In my case, I currently reside in what was at one point in American history THE wealthiest county in the country. And it is still one of the wealthiest.

I am garbage ragdoll junk trash full of adversity. Why on earth do you think I am in a historic (and famous, by the way) place?

I am in a class of my own having value and worth too great to measure. I am peerless.

I have an aptitude and capacity unmatched. When my soul speaks it says "I was supposed to be born in England in the 1700's". I have an unusual relationship with the spirits of the founding fathers of the United States. NEW England is my lifelong home. I'm a New Englander, fo sho.

So, you think my family produced this? I was a foster kid and have been homeless several times. I've also been psychiatrically incarcerated 11 times.

People can't always see too well through the screen, ya know?

Class is comprised of principles and qualities and attributes with a heavy emphasis on our language and linguistics. The richer you are in vocabulary and articulation, the greater class you have regardless of your background and where you came from.

Ben Carson, anyone? He had almost all the odds stacked against him and he reached great levels of success, including a bid for the presidency.

Of course, demonstrating humility and grace also indicate class (even if yoass dressed like a ragdoll, mofo!).

And?

Class is not about what you missed out on, it is not about money. Of course in young countries who try to mimic the class system then perhaps a boat load of cash will substitute for ancestry and breeding.

But what has new money got to do with class? Me, i have become wealthy, i speak five languages, i can get by in 5 more, i can trace my family back to viking kings but i am still a Lancashire lass and working class.

Maybe i am an exception to the american rule, lucky that 95% of the world population is not american eh?

When we moved to live in france one of the first people to welcome us was a tramp (hobo). Tatty hair, scruffy clothes, worn out shoes, plastic carrier bag, talks to himself. Every 2 weeks he visits the village, sits in the square for a while then moves on. I have seen him tramping around in various places within a 50k radius. I only recently discovered he owns a magnificent chateau in glorious grounds, he is head of one of the oldest families in france. He likes to walk, thats class.

It seems to me you are stereotyping class an nothing more than local interpretation

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
you have heard this pointed at others
and maybe yourself

but hey.....is it possible?
to walk in a place.....ANY place
and see NO class separation?

note the book of Job as we begin
That would be in a class all by itself.