• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Big Bang

questfortruth

My idea: Universe does not expand. But the galaxies are flying away from the Absolute Center of the Universe, which is Earth. This radial motion explains the red shift of galaxies using the Doppler Effect.

The microwave background radiation is explained be the Hawking Radiation, which the creation of the Universe in a distant past has.
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._derivation_of_historical_Hawking_temperature

From my simple mathematics follows, that the entirely absent must be three major things:

1. Copernicus principle.

2. Big Bang.

3. Dark Energy.

And indeed, the recent developments support all three points:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/361103232_No_Big_Bang

Last edited:

Truth in love

We have only been seriously studying the universe for decades. Almost everything before that our use of stars was for navigation. To take almost anything as conclusive in which a short amount of time is premature.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My idea: Universe does not expand. But the galaxies are flying away from the Absolute Center of the Universe, which is Earth. This radial motion explains the red shift of galaxies using the Doppler Effect. The microwave background radiation is explained be the Hawking Radiation, which the creation of the Universe in a distant past has.

From my simple mathematics follows, that the entirely absent must be three major things:

1. Copernicus principle.

2. Big Bang.

3. Dark Energy.

Not quite.

The background radiation from the big bang is already observed and has been documented.

The Big Bang | Science Mission Directorate

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
But the galaxies are flying away from the Absolute Center of the Universe, which is Earth.

It is considered that there is no center of the universe or rather everywhere is the centre. Choose a point 10 billion light years away from us. All other matter in the universe is moving away from that point just as it is moving away from earth.

That earth is is not the center of the universe was discovered by Copernicus and his idea published in 1543. And is confirmed repeatedly by science

Sorry, you are a bit late on this one

ChristineM

Premium Member
what a fallacy.

OK, suppose there is no creation, therefore do you think time and universe is infinite?

It is possible though unknown if time is infinite. The universe os measured to be flat to a 0.4% margin of error indicating that it is (or potentially is) infinite* although it may begin to curve above the current accurate.

Universe is flat 1.png

* Kind of a conundrum if it is infinite yet had a beginning i think. One that needs serious thinking about.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
It is possible though unknown if time is infinite.
My favorite argument against infinite time is this:

If time is infinite then there is infinite number of past events.
If there is infinite number of past events then we may not be able reach present day.

Infinite space is equally absurd because it is logical that infinite space must consist of infinite number of past events.

ChristineM

Premium Member
My favorite argument against infinite time is this:

If there is infinite number of past events then we may not be able reach present day.

Infinite space is equally absurd because it is logical that infinite space must consist of infinite number of past events.

Time is the way that one thing happens after another. Today happens after yesterday throughout the history of time. So today will always occur because yesterday occured.

Who sets the arbitrary period that is a day? You see it as one rotation of our planet around our sun (approx 24 hours). How long is a day to our galaxy? Around 240 million years, other bodies and masses have different lengths of day.

Space would be infinite in expanse, not time. Two diff aspects of infinity. And yes, it is hypothesised that a multiverse is a possibility..

A Swift and Simple Refutation of the "Kalam" Cosmological Argument? on JSTOR

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
what a fallacy.

OK, suppose there is no creation, therefore do you think time and universe is infinite?

I think there was a creation point, the OM point, which science understands as the "big bang". I also believe as in Hinduism, that the universe has been created and recreated any number of times because Brahma is eternal with each "lifetime" being 311 trillion years.

Viker

Häxan
My idea: Universe does not expand. But the galaxies are flying away from the Absolute Center of the Universe, which is Earth. This radial motion explains the red shift of galaxies using the Doppler Effect. The microwave background radiation is explained be the Hawking Radiation, which the creation of the Universe in a distant past has.

1. Copernicus principle.

2. Big Bang.

3. Dark Energy.

No.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
This radial motion explains the red shift of galaxies using the Doppler Effect. The microwave background radiation is explained be the Hawking Radiation, which the creation of the Universe in a distant past has.

I'd love to see the math and physics that brought you to this conclusion.

Clara Tea

My idea: Universe does not expand. But the galaxies are flying away from the Absolute Center of the Universe, which is Earth. This radial motion explains the red shift of galaxies using the Doppler Effect.

The microwave background radiation is explained be the Hawking Radiation, which the creation of the Universe in a distant past has.
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._derivation_of_historical_Hawking_temperature

1. Copernicus principle.

2. Big Bang.

3. Dark Energy.

There is no center of the universe. Everything is flying away from everything else. And, that expansion is accelerating (very puzzling since this might imply that something is accelerating it....perhaps negative gravity?).

There is no reason to assume that the earth is the center of the universe. For one thing, stars orbit objects with high gravity. So, you will notice orbits around the center of the Milkyway. The earth is merely on an arm of the Milkyway.

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
My favorite argument agnainst infinite time is this:

o
Some think logic is a limitation, similar to the observation limitations a three dimensional entity passing through a two dimensional plane would suffer. Human thinking is limited to reason using the principles of cause and effect. Those principles were adopted after observation of physical events common to our local surroundings. So far those principles are common to above quantum level energy/matter in our solar system. What are the physical tendencies of Black Holes? Quantum physics contradicts the basic assumptions we accept that govern larger entities....etc Will future observations enable us to think beyond logic....?

Last edited:

Clara Tea

what a fallacy.

I sometimes wonder if the universe expands until it takes a shortcut in time to the big bang (and that causes the big bang).

Clara Tea

Time is the way that one thing happens after another. Today happens after yesterday throughout the history of time. So today will always occur because yesterday occured.

Who sets the arbitrary period that is a day? You see it as one rotation of our planet around our sun (approx 24 hours). How long is a day to our galaxy? Around 240 million years, other bodies and masses have different lengths of day.

Space would be infinite in expanse, not time. Two diff aspects of infinity. And yes, it is hypothesised that a multiverse is a possibility..

A Swift and Simple Refutation of the "Kalam" Cosmological Argument? on JSTOR

Days are defined by the earth spinning once on its axis. This makes it appear that the sun rises and sets. A planet, spinning around on it's axis,

Apparently, the universe expandes, and that expansion is only space (not spacetime).

ChristineM

Premium Member
Days are defined by the earth spinning once on its axis. This makes it appear that the sun rises and sets. A planet, spinning around on it's axis,

Apparently, the universe expandes, and that expansion is only space (not spacetime).

I was talking of time as in times arrow.

questfortruth

I was talking of time as in times arrow.
I am writing the name of satan with lowercase s because
this is the dogma of my religious community, for it is written
``If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more
the members of his household!'' Matthew 10:25.

Does satan love anything? Or does
he hate everything? Does he love to sin? No. The satan hates sin,
as do all sinners. The satan (and his ones) do not like to sin, but
sin is attractive to him. There is a Bible verse about this when God
tries to save Cain before Cain became the first murderer in the
history of humankind: ``sin is crouching at your door; it desires
to have you, but you must rule over it.'' Genesis 4:7. One could
reply: ``The recent film-show Lucifer has convincingly shown that
satan can indeed love.'' To him I replied: This is just a human,
not Death and Cancer itself. Here in the film is shown how satan's
angels hate sinners: ``Dogma - The Business Massacre'',
``Dogma - Bus scene'' YouTube. It is known in my religious community
that satan has an infinite hatred for sinners. And the worse the
sinner, the more hated and disgusted he is to this evil spirit.
And what shades of feeling does satan has for saints? Is it respect?
Does Satan take pleasure in sinning himself and tempting others? No,
He hates everyone. He could only respect the perfect saint, if
possible. Respect him, even to the point of offering the saint to
God, through giving the saint lung cancer. Otherwise, satan
hates everyone; he hates himself. He wants to die, as it is filmed
``Dogma -- the Angels Go Crazy''. The Jesus Christ is absolutely
opposite: ``But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that
while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.'' Romans 5:8.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Earth-centric or human-centric - only one thing to say (or do) - how vain and futile. :D :D :D