• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nirvana has finally arrived!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
My dear sister moved off the property today at 8:06.32551158 AM PST. I am literally walking on sunshine and am totally euphoric. Finally, the nightmare is over. Now I can get on with finalizing the estate and preparing the property for sale (to the absolutely obscenely highest bid).

Cracked my 1st bottle of Bacardi in two years -- at noon. I might be down for a day or two. LOL.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Do_O:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Glad things are looking up. Good luck with the sale and closing. :)
I am very optimistic. When I sold the adjacent 1/2 acre lot last year, it was sold, for ever so slightly under the asking price, in 23 hours. It is with that in mind, that I will make sure all the little duck are all in a row before I put the main property up for sale. I'm not really kidding when I say this is paradise. It is an extremely beautiful area.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
My dear sister moved off the property today at 8:06.32551158 AM PST. I am literally walking on sunshine and am totally euphoric. Finally, the nightmare is over. Now I can get on with finalizing the estate and preparing the property for sale (to the absolutely obscenely highest bid).

Cracked my 1st bottle of Bacardi in two years -- at noon. I might be down for a day or two. LOL.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:Do_O:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cool:
I don't know the whole story, but congrats!!

COwkMna.png

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Congrats Paul! So where are you going to be living once you sell the property?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
When I first read the title, I thought, "Oh no, not some sane guy declaring he's God-realised."That would have surprised me, coming from you.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I mean, I have lots of questions, but the first one...the really pressing one...the one that demands an answer is...

Why Bacardi??????

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

You're leaving your home in paradise?
Where are you moving....New Jersey?

atanu

Premium Member

Your dear sister was your nightmare?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Your dear sister was your nightmare?
You, literally, cannot imagine.
Her "issues" had "issues".

Full disclosure: That said, my middle sister has made great progress since I rescued her from her psychological black hole. She is very smart, but had simply shut down her brain, due to oppressive spouses and prolonged systematic abuse. One physically beat her, the other emotionally beat her. (And that's not even considering her first 2 husbands!)

In conjunction with her doctor(s) I helped her out of her shell. I do have to give her credit for trusting me and allowing me to help her. Learned behavior is an enormous thing to overcome. I will admit, I too made mistakes along the way, but that was largely because I didn't understand what I was dealing with. Over the course of two years, I became acquainted with her irrational fears/phobias etc... and her veritable litany of illnesses. Plus she is a veteran drug abuser and is it really any wonder? Finding out a year in that she also suffers from substantial hearing loss explained MUCH, but if you don't know someone is half deaf you assume to they either nuts, stupid or whatever.

Before she left I told her that I was her eternal well-wisher and that I sincerely wished that she continued to learn new things. (I'd introduced her to Intersectionality, Gender Studies and 3rd Wave feminism to stimulate her dormant brain centres. It IS working, but again, it is a slow process. I implored my eldest sister, who is taking her in, to continue to help her learn new things to continue the "therapy" as it IS showing results.

It's been a very long two years.... (sorry to dump, but I need it.)

atanu

Premium Member
You, literally, cannot imagine.
Her "issues" had "issues".

Full disclosure: That said, my middle sister has made great progress since I rescued her from her psychological black hole. She is very smart, but had simply shut down her brain, due to oppressive spouses and prolonged systematic abuse. One physically beat her, the other emotionally beat her. (And that's not even considering her first 2 husbands!)

In conjunction with her doctor(s) I helped her out of her shell. I do have to give her credit for trusting me and allowing me to help her. Learned behavior is an enormous thing to overcome. I will admit, I too made mistakes along the way, but that was largely because I didn't understand what I was dealing with. Over the course of two years, I became acquainted with her irrational fears/phobias etc... and her veritable litany of illnesses. Plus she is a veteran drug abuser and is it really any wonder? Finding out a year in that she also suffers from substantial hearing loss explained MUCH, but if you don't know someone is half deaf you assume to they either nuts, stupid or whatever.

Before she left I told her that I was her eternal well-wisher and that I sincerely wished that she continued to learn new things. (I'd introduced her to Intersectionality, Gender Studies and 3rd Wave feminism to stimulate her dormant brain centres. It IS working, but again, it is a slow process. I implored my eldest sister, who is taking her in, to continue to help her learn new things to continue the "therapy" as it IS showing results.

It's been a very long two years.... (sorry to dump, but I need it.)

Oh. I am so sorry. I wish both of you well.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm on one of the Gulf Islands now and will be moving to a secret location on Vancouver Island. :)

That will put us a single ferry ride away... I always imagined that world domination might spring up here! Congrats.

So, my sister isn't quite in the same situation, but it's close. The thing is that she's still in denial. My rule is total hands-off while a person is in denial. I wish she'd do a little introspection, but she's 50 and I'm giving up hope.

Anyone got any thoughts about how to nurture a little introspection in an addict?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That will put us a single ferry ride away... I always imagined that world domination might spring up here! Congrats.
:) I'll definitely let you know when I am settled as I'd love to meet.

So, my sister isn't quite in the same situation, but it's close. The thing is that she's still in denial. My rule is total hands-off while a person is in denial. I wish she'd do a little introspection, but she's 50 and I'm giving up hope.

Anyone got any thoughts about how to nurture a little introspection in an addict?
Even after my extensive experience in this area, I don't know what to suggest. Denial is a very strong beast. You really have to attack it the moment you see a vulnerability and be prepared to be merciless. (It's not fun.)