• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Niqab.

Ellen Brown

Im just curious as to why a Christian would choose Sunni Islam over Shia Islam and vice versa.

The Sunni/Shia rift largely stems from a quarrel about who should succeed when the Prophet Muhammad PBUH died. The Sunni thought it should be who was elected, and the Shia thought it should be by birth. Then of course, there is the issue that the Persians are a different people and the Sunni were Bedouins, so there was a cultural difference. Any group of humans can not get along. The Catholics and the Protestants, the Lutherans, and the Mormons all have a similar issue.

I say that people should just be Muslims and forget the rest.

Ellen Brown

But niqab isn't exactly "recommended" either. It isn't a religious thing, but a cultural one. But in your op you say she wore 'proper garments'.

I was wrong. I was as deeply immersed in Gulf culture as an American can get without being there. Old things are hard to forget.