• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ninnghizhidda

Littledragon

Questing Dragon
Does anyone have any good info on the god Ningishzida? I've tried to google but I keep getting Lyrics for the death metal band of the same name. Any links or personal experiences would be appreciated.

I just put the name into Yahoo and Google and got all these, might want to try that first ;) . I haven't seen anything about any band yet. *shrug* Not sure what you searched. I don't have any personal experiences with this deity.
Ningishzida is an underworld Mesopotamian deity. He is the patron of medicine, and may also be considered a God of nature, as his name in Sumerian means "lord of the good tree". In Sumerian mythology, he appears in Adapa's myth as one of the two guardians of Anu's celestial palace alongside Dumuzi.
As for his divine ancestry, Ningishzida is the son of Ninazu, and is related to Geshtinanna. His wife is either Ninazimua or Dazimua. His symbolic animal is the bashmu dragon, a type of snake with horns. He is also associated with the Hydra constellation.

hope that helps you out!

Littledragon

Questing Dragon
Thank you for posting those Lux. When I first posted this I had the wrong spelling. (adding a couple letters is a sure way to mess up a search). I should have put a note in the OP when I edited it to fix the spelling.

Sweet water and light laughter
Littledragon