• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine Pieces Of Evidence That Confirm The Historical Accuracy Of The Bible

MJFlores

And are you a world wide flood believer?

Yes mam
And thank you for reminding about that.

noahflood.jpg

A long time ago, they regard this flood story a myth
They say, how can there be a world wide flood when the oceans couldn't drown the whole earth
even when the polar ice caps melt, the water won't be enough for a world wide flood.

Until the scientist discovered something in 2014.

Scientists scanning the deep interior of Earth have found evidence of a vast water reservoir beneath eastern Asia that is at least the volume of the Arctic Ocean.

The discovery marks the first time such a large body of water has found in the planet's deep mantle. [The World's Biggest Oceans and Seas]

The finding, made by Michael Wysession, a seismologist at Washington University in St. Louis, and his former graduate student Jesse Lawrence, now at the University of California, San Diego, will be detailed in a forthcoming monograph to be published by the American Geophysical Union.

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered Inside Earth

Genesis 7:17-19 New International Version (NIV)
For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.

At any moment, the atmosphere contains an astounding 37.5 million billion gallons of water, in the invisible vapor phase. This is enough water to cover the entire surface of the Earth (land and ocean) with one inch of rain.

How much water is in the atmosphere?

Which brings me to the bible:
The Book of Genesis which was written 2700 BCE?
They did not have Jacques Cousteau or NASA then
How would they have known?

Genesis 1:6-8 New International Version (NIV)
And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Now this is evidence - scientific fact confirming the truth written long ago
In a time when there are no way to measure water vapor
and hey, even the concept of water vapor is unknown.
In a time when submarines have yet to be invented thousands of years into the future.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yeah, apparently Jews were originally a group of Canaanites who reformed the original polytheistic religion. They started worshipping Yahweh alone, eventually building him up from a tribal war and storm deity to overtaking El as head of the pantheon and then throwing all the other deities out (including Yahweh's consort) and viewing him as the Supreme Being. Judaism as we know it now actually isn't that old. Rabbinic Judaism is actually younger than Christianity.
Congratulations...you're the first in this thread to actually say what scholars really think. And when you throw in the fact that Hebrew is in fact a Canaanite language (the only Canaanite language that remained in use after the 3rd century CE,

Thus, it becomes simple enough to see that the Jews really are just a group that emerged from within the Canaanites, and that the entire Exodus story and following were just stories concocted to provide a raison d'etre for their existence.

Skwim

Veteran Member
And you have not come up with a reason not to trust the Bible.
For one thing, it's filled with contradictions, and for another, it has obvious mistakes that are scientifically inaccurate.

Want me to believe 2 Kings 8:26 where it says Ahaziah was twenty-two when he began to rule over Jerusalem? Then don't tell me in 2 Chronicles 22:2 that he was forty-two.

I do realize you don't like the Bible, but not liking something does not make it untrue.
It's not that I don't like the bible, but rather that so many of the things people claim for it are simply not backed up by evidence, OR are contradicted by fact.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Yes mam

View attachment 27533

They say, how can there be a world wide flood when the oceans couldn't drown the whole earth
even when the polar ice caps melt, the water won't be enough for a world wide flood.

Scientists scanning the deep interior of Earth have found evidence of a vast water reservoir beneath eastern Asia that is at least the volume of the Arctic Ocean.

The discovery marks the first time such a large body of water has found in the planet's deep mantle. [The World's Biggest Oceans and Seas]

The finding, made by Michael Wysession, a seismologist at Washington University in St. Louis, and his former graduate student Jesse Lawrence, now at the University of California, San Diego, will be detailed in a forthcoming monograph to be published by the American Geophysical Union.

For forty days the flood kept coming on the earth, and as the waters increased they lifted the ark high above the earth. The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered.

At any moment, the atmosphere contains an astounding 37.5 million billion gallons of water, in the invisible vapor phase. This is enough water to cover the entire surface of the Earth (land and ocean) with one inch of rain.

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

In a time when submarines have yet to be invented thousands of years into the future.

Of course the ancients knew air held water,
even if they did not use the word "vapour".
It would be next to impossible not to be know
it was there. You just made that up.

It is good to refer to scientific research, but,
in doing so, one should actually read what it says.

"It would still look like solid rock to you,” Wysession told LiveScience. "You would have to put it in the lab to find the water in it."

There is nothing unusual about water contained in
rock. That includes the sheetrock in house.
Tough to drink, though.

Referring to science,you might consider the existence
of polar ice that has been there for hundreds of thousands
of years. How that is kinda incompatible with your flood.

Then again you might not want to consider that.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
What was prophesied then, of course becomes historical fact after it happens.

If you want a prophecy that is to come, I could show that too.

2 Peter 3:9-12 New International Version (NIV)
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

NOW that is not after the fact!:p
And I bet you just adore the idea of all the death and destruction that goes with that.

Sometimes, the thoughts of religious people just make me dizzy...

sooda

Veteran Member
In general, it does seem the bible says whatever
anyone wants it to say. Though some opinions
are at least better based than others,

So many ways to interpret it, but I question why they would have neglected the new Christians and Jews of the first century to go off on a tangent about Russia and New York thousands of years in the future.

The dragon and beast refer to Rome and the persecution under Nero Caesar.

The seven heads and ten horns describe the political divisions of Rome. The heads represent the Imperial Caesars; the ten horns are the senatorial provinces created by Augustus in 27 B.C., which became a permanent feature of the empire.

The Roman Empire began with its first emperor and founder Augustus (BC 63-14 AD.)

The first five of the Roman emperors were Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, and Nero. These were the five emperors who had fallen according to Revelation 17.

After the death of Nero, there were two years of chaos in which several minor leaders who were not later considered emperors including Galba, Otho and Vitellius came and went in quick succession. They were not generally viewed in any real sense as emperors and were not normally included in any list of emperors.

The seven emperors were concluded with Vespasian and Titus. The "eighth emperor" was Domitian .

Of course Rome fell in 476 AD so that was a problem for the futurists.

“The second great sign appearing in heaven is described as a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns upon his heads. From the similar description given in 13:1 and the parallel reference in Daniel 7:7-8, 24, it is clear that the revived Roman Empire is in view.”

Some began to claim the European Union was the revived Holy Roman Empire.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Next when people predict the time when the end of the world will happen, then that is a BIG MISTAKE and will definitely end in embarrassment to him and his followers. Next, predicting the end of the world and failing it - is the sign that they are the false prophets, giving false hopes and false news.
Bingo! We have just been handed a fool-proof way to save the world from destruction by this mad god...everybody get busy and predict the apocalypse for every single day from now until forever, and since God won't let anybody be right about their prediction, the apocalypse can never come. Easy peasy!

Audie

Veteran Member
So many ways to interpret it, but I question why they would have neglected the new Christians and Jews of the first century to go off on a tangent on about Russia and New York thousands of years in the future.

The dragon and beast refer to Rome and the persecution under Nero Caesar.

The seven heads and ten horns describe the political divisions of Rome. The heads represent the Imperial Caesars; the ten horns are the senatorial provinces created by Augustus in 27 B.C., which became a permanent feature of the empire.

The Roman Empire began with its first emperor and founder Augustus (BC 63-14 AD.)

The first five of the Roman emperors were Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, and Nero. These were the five emperors who had fallen according to Revelation 17.

After the death of Nero, there were two years of chaos in which several minor leaders who were not later considered emperors including Galba, Otho and Vitellius came and went in quick succession. They were not generally viewed in any real sense as emperors and were not normally included in any list of emperors.

The seven emperors were concluded with Vespasian and Titus. The "eighth emperor" was Domitian .

Of course Rome fell in 476 AD so that was a problem for the futurists.

“The second great sign appearing in heaven is described as a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns upon his heads. From the similar description given in 13:1 and the parallel reference in Daniel 7:7-8, 24, it is clear that the revived Roman Empire is in view.”

Some began to claim the European Union was the revived Holy Roman Empire.

I question your habit of stating opinion as fact.

Though in general I appreciate the
apparent thoroughness of your research.

sooda

Veteran Member

Fact is an interesting description .. We have a few historic facts to work with, but we also have what is written in the Revelation letter.. That it will happen "soon", "shortly" and before this generation (40 years) shall pass.

Come on? Why would the Soviet Union attack Israel? Can you even imagine such a scenario?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is correct, I am not the judge but...
I'm pretty sure that the guidelines of identifying who is Christian and who is not were clearly stated in the Bible.

Ephesians 4:4-6 New International Version (NIV)
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

There is only one Christian faith, not a variety of Christian faiths. - it must be the genuine tamale.
They said tamales are delicious, however I haven't tried one.

That genuine one Christian faith has one God and Father of all.
It does not have the Son as God
It does not have the Holy Spirit as God
Only the Father is God.
Other than that, it ain't Christian amigo.

1 Corinthians 10:14 New International Version (NIV)
Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry.

The New Testament Bible says flee from idolatry but yet you have these so called Christian churches having and venerating the cross, statues, paintings and relics. These are idols. I wish they could snap out of their zombie like state and realize they are just worshiping a piece of wood which some drunk made.

View attachment 27525

I have not come across the Tyre but I'm biased to Goodyear brands.
They usually last 10 years and really saves up the cost of replacing these tyres.

Those verses really do not help you. Especially the first. Most Christians will simply say that those symbols are not idols. They do not worship them.

And you need to learn how to spell. Goodyear makes "tires". Tyre was an island, now a peninsula in the Mediterranean. Zeke made a prophecy that Nebby would destroy it to such an extent that it was never found again. Zebby never even entered the gates of the city.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

She's not saying anything different than what any competent Biblical scholar says about it. It's well-known that the Apocalypse of St. John ("Book of Revelation") is referring to the situation of Christians in the 1st century in the Roman Empire. It's screed against Rome. The Catholic and Orthodox churches (I assume the Anglican and mainline Protestant churches, as well) accept that Revelation is mostly talking about events in the past. The only parts they believe are yet to come is the Second Coming of Christ talked about the end of the book. Only Evangelical fundamentalists view it differently and they're all over the place with their wild conjecture that they are making up.

sooda

Veteran Member
She's not saying anything different than what any competent Biblical scholar says about it. It's well-known that the Apocalypse of St. John ("Book of Revelation") is referring to the situation of Christians in the 1st century in the Roman Empire. It's screed against Rome. The Catholic and Orthodox churches (I assume the Anglican and mainline Protestant churches, as well) accept that Revelation is mostly talking about events in the past. The only parts they believe are yet to come is the Second Coming of Christ talked about the end of the book. Only Evangelical fundamentalists view it differently and they're all over the place with their wild conjecture that they are making up.

That's me.. traditional mainline and Episcopalian. Then one day I looked up and the futurists were everywhere. Wouldn't the evangelicals be horrified if they knew the were carrying water for a Jesuit priest named Ribera in the 16th century.

sooda

Veteran Member
You can't look it up? You can find all sorts of pictures of misspelled tires. Surely you can find the story of Zeke and Nebby in the Bible.

Trye is a town in coastal Lebanon maybe 25-30 miles south of Sidon. It was a major Phoenician seaport from about 2000 BC through the Roman period.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes mam

View attachment 27533

I see. So you believe that God is a liar. You weak attempt to misunderstand science does not help you. You are still calling God a liar. By that standard I would say that the Catholics are more "Christian" than you are.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Trye is a town in coastal Lebanon maybe 25-30 miles south of Sidon. It was a major Phoenician seaport from about 2000 BC through the Roman period.
I know that. I can even link the Bible verses. And as you know it was a prophecy of Zeke. For those who are not good friends with him they might call him "Ezekiel".

We Never Know

No Slack
The bible is the best selling book in history and also the most controversial. From only 1962 to 2012 almost 4 billion copies were sold. Deny it or accept it, near everyone has read it. Many interpret it differently to suit themselves, some take it literally, some take it as teachings, some take it as stories, some take it as metaphors, and some take it as myths. Regardless of how you take it, it has impacted society like no other book written by man.
2000 years later it still gets more attention than most anything. If nothing else, the bible sure keeps people communicating. :)

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. Even bad publicity is good publicity.