• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine Pieces Of Evidence That Confirm The Historical Accuracy Of The Bible

Tiberius

Or so the video below claims
. :rolleyes:

The List of Nine, which supposedly verify claims made in the Bible. (The narrator provides the relevant chapters and verses.)

1) A stone that confirms that Pontius Pilatus was the Prefect of Judea.

2) A tunnel was created under the city of David to carry water.

3) A clay cylinder describes how Sennacherib laid siege against various cities

4) A stone mentioning there was an Israelite king of the house of David.

5) A stone cites Omri as the king of Israel.

6) The remnants of a house was found that verifies the town of Nazareth existed in the first century AD.

7) A clay cylinder recounts Cyrus II declaration of human rights

8) The discovery of the pool of Siloam

9) A stone tablet shows the existence of the Hittites

Of course our young presenter in the video conveniently ignores all the evidence that disproves the Bible's historical accuracy, but this is to be expected. When cherry picking one never picks the "bad" cherries.

In any case, even if all nine of the examples are true, one can only say, SO WHAT? What's so amazing (as the narrator would like the viewer to believe) about historical events showing up in the Bible? Heck, even if the Bible was a pure fabrication from Genesis to Revelation, the fabricator would certainly have been astute enough to include historical facts to make the thing appear genuine---it's why counterfeiters go to such extremes to make their money appear real. In this case it's like expecting the viewer to get excited because the Bible mentions the Mediterranean Sea, or that the Sun sets in the west. SO WHAT?

Nope, it's stupid stuff like this video that fill the believer with unjustified confidence in his faith. Do Christians really need to be duped so as to hold onto their faith? . . . . . . . . . . . . . maybe so, but it's not pretty.

Nine pieces of evidence that Star Trek is real.

1. The first manned mission to the Moon was launched on a Wednesday. (TOS Tomorrow Is Yesterday)
  2. Voice computer interfaces
  3. Handheld computer devices
  4. Universal translators
  5. Decline of free to air television (mentioned in TNG The Neutral Zone, it is currently being overtaken by VOD/online streaming services)
  6. Universal translators
  7. Bluetooth earpieces (Uhura used one often in the original series.)
  8. Touchable holograms Japanese researchers created holograms you can touch
  9. 3D printers
All of these things are things that Star Trek said we would have, and ALL were shown BEFORE they happened in real life. One of them is a prediction of a specific event.

Therefore, Star Trek is real.

joelr

The Bible is the word of God, even when people develop their own Skeptic Annotated Bible listing down the contradictions [allegedly], the Bible is undoubtedly the best seller of all time but to us it is the power of God that would lead man to salvation.

There you go again, see you are using an argument to popular appeal. It wasn't just me misinterpreting what you said. Being a best seller means nothing. "Salvation" is a concept created by religion which of course it has the solution to.
Why would you even bother to say the bible is the word of god? If it's your religion of course you think it's the word of some god? Ever religion believes they have word from some god?
That says nothing. Parroting some mission statement from a church makes zero argument.
Where is this "slice and dice"?

Why would you say the contradictions are alleged? They are right there in front of you.
You asked why religions can't get along. I showed you over 500 contradictions that can potentially lead to schism. I even gave one concrete example which you did not respond to.

Go back and explain to me who is right on that issue, catholic or protestant? If that contradiction is "alleged" explain why. I already posted a reason why protestants believe one can have salvation by faith alone.

Of course the catholics believe otherwise:
Did Jesus Teach Salvation by Faith Alone?

This is just one issue that can divide a church. Those contradictions cannot be explained.

With regards to the different world religions. They are in conflict with each other because they are man-made rules, man made worship and each of them having their own way of worship. Who are they worshiping? Their own ideas of god or gods they presume, assume or dreamt about. Maybe there are around 40,000 Christian denominations. Even Judaism has its denominations. Islam has two divisions. Hinduism has 300,000,000 gods and goddesses, so there are plenty to go around. Buddhism has schools of thought, so there are different thoughts. Are they all correct? Then we should be members to all of them unless there is only one truth.

Your point also includes Christianity and the bible? You just proved that the bible is man made because there are so many denominations.
In fact I can't even tell if you are a religious person or an atheist at this point?

Your big fallacy here is that you HAVE to pick one truth. The truth can just be that we do not know everything.
You seem to be saying that the bible is both the word of god AND completely wrong and man-made at the same time? Is this leading up to some grand finale wu-wu truth that you have that no one else has found yet?

With regards to irreligion. It is like hearing somebody, I don't have a father. I just came up from the ground, hitch a ride with the old faithful and presto I'm here. It defies logic and sounds like magic.

No science pretty much figured it out. At least all the way back to the big bang. If you want to invoke some god-of the-gap to create the universe fine but that has no connection to any religious man-made mythology.

On this thread, I wrote that the Bible contains prophecies.
I have shown the prophecies of Rev 6:1-8 and the historical events that it pertained to.

1st seal - white horse - Nicene Christianity becomes a state religion 380 AD
2nd seal - red horse - Crusade expeditions occurred between 1096 and 1291 AD
3rd seal - black horse - Great Famine in Europe 1315–1317
4rth seal - pale horse - Black Death 1347-1351

Yeah that's not vague or anything.

When the Bible was completed, the prophecies shined as history unfolded.
Example of the prophecy written:

Revelation 6:9-11 New International Version (NIV)
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

Prophecy fulfilled, History:

The Inquisition was a powerful office set up within the Catholic Church to root out and punish heresy throughout Europe and the Americas. Beginning in the 12th century and continuing for hundreds of years, the Inquisition is infamous for the severity of its tortures and its persecution of Jews and Muslims. Its worst manifestation was in Spain, where the Spanish Inquisition was a dominant force for more than 200 years, resulting in some 32,000 executions.

https://www.history.com/topics/religion/inquisition

Wow, someone predicted some vague prosecution of religious people. Yeah because that never happens......
That is the worst example of a prophecy I've ever seen.
The general rhetoric is to go with the prediction of the messiah. Which is another fail but better than what you provided.

Last edited:

joelr

The Gospel writers tried to make Jesus fit the expected anointed warrior king like David who would vanquish their enemies the Romans.

well they wrote it to fulfill OT prophecy of a coming messiah which was inspired by pagan dying/rising savior deities. There is a lot of OT re-writing as well.

MJFlores

There you go again, see you are using an argument to popular appeal. It wasn't just me misinterpreting what you said. Being a best seller means nothing. "Salvation" is a concept created by religion which of course it has the solution to.
Why would you even bother to say the bible is the word of god? If it's your religion of course you think it's the word of some god? Ever religion believes they have word from some god?
That says nothing. Parroting some mission statement from a church makes zero argument.
Where is this "slice and dice"?

Why would you say the contradictions are alleged? They are right there in front of you.
You asked why religions can't get along. I showed you over 500 contradictions that can potentially lead to schism. I even gave one concrete example which you did not respond to.

Go back and explain to me who is right on that issue, catholic or protestant? If that contradiction is "alleged" explain why. I already posted a reason why protestants believe one can have salvation by faith alone.

Of course the catholics believe otherwise:
Did Jesus Teach Salvation by Faith Alone?

This is just one issue that can divide a church. Those contradictions cannot be explained.

Your point also includes Christianity and the bible? You just proved that the bible is man made because there are so many denominations.
In fact I can't even tell if you are a religious person or an atheist at this point?

Your big fallacy here is that you HAVE to pick one truth. The truth can just be that we do not know everything.
You seem to be saying that the bible is both the word of god AND completely wrong and man-made at the same time? Is this leading up to some grand finale wu-wu truth that you have that no one else has found yet?

No science pretty much figured it out. At least all the way back to the big bang. If you want to invoke some god-of the-gap to create the universe fine but that has no connection to any religious man-made mythology.

Yeah that's not vague or anything.

Wow, someone predicted some vague prosecution of religious people. Yeah because that never happens......
That is the worst example of a prophecy I've ever seen.
The general rhetoric is to go with the prediction of the messiah. Which is another fail but better than what you provided.

Your post has so many in it that it is easy for me to miss everything. Joke.

Your contradiction that you have pointed out:

"Protestants say just "faith alone" works:
They are justified freely because they have not done anything nor given anything in return, but by faith alone they have been made holy by the gift of God.” For we are justified by faith, not by works of the law, as Scripture says (Gal. 2:16)

While Catholics list a crapload of other verses that say otherwise.
Who's right? There is no answer. That's just one thing, there are so many contradictions to disagree over."

The Protestants and the Catholics are all wrong.
What faith are they promoting and talking about?
Buddhist, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Atheist - all have faith.
What is their faith? What is faith?
Is that the ONE TRUE FAITH?

Ephesians 4:4-6 New International Version (NIV)
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

If what people believe and have faith on is baloney, it doesn't matter if you have works still they will not see heaven. But assuming a person has that ONE TRUE FAITH is "faith alone" correct? Let us go back to Galatians 2:16 the verse you mentioned.

Galatians 2:16 New International Version (NIV)
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

What is the works of the law? It is the Old Testament law - the commandments, rules and decrees written. Isn't the law list THINGS NOT TO BE DONE aside from remembering the Sabbath Day - which list things not to do on that day? How can a person be justified by such things?

Further the same Letter to the Galatians reads:

Galatians 3:10 New International Version (NIV)
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Now that is the works of the law, but that is not the only kind of work mentioned in the Bible. The NIV mentions this as deeds to distinguish it from works of the law.

James 2:18-26 New International Version (NIV)
But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.
upload_2019-4-12_15-5-43.jpeg

You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
upload_2019-4-12_15-6-44.jpeg

As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead

So what is correct?
To have that one true faith with deeds which is acceptable to God

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
Interesting but there are other things that are so glaring and just too big that I couldn't deny the veracity and authenticity of the Bible as the word of God.

Those 9 things are tangibles that could easily be lost through time.

However historical events which occurred long after the prophecies were spoken and written are something to scratch your head into.

That is why we know that we are living in the last days.
Soon this thing will hit the fan and
no longer we would doubt anything when we see it happen before our eyes

That's the argument from ignorance fallacy. "I can't imagine it happening by itself, therefore god."

But by all means, keep believing we're living in the last days. Its entertaining.

Audie

Veteran Member
That's the argument from ignorance fallacy. "I can't imagine it happening by itself, therefore god."

But by all means, keep believing we're living in the last days. Its entertaining.

The entertainment thinned out for me, real fast, but.
maybe you need a bigger dose. :D

joelr

I agree. The OT was edited and amended many times by many authors.

I mean the NT has rewrites of the OT. Like Luke copies and transforms much of Kings.
The Sermon on the mount is considered to have been written using the Greek version of the OT the Septugant.

joelr

Your post has so many in it that it is easy for me to miss everything. Joke.

Your contradiction that you have pointed out:

"Protestants say just "faith alone" works:
They are justified freely because they have not done anything nor given anything in return, but by faith alone they have been made holy by the gift of God.” For we are justified by faith, not by works of the law, as Scripture says (Gal. 2:16)

While Catholics list a crapload of other verses that say otherwise.
Who's right? There is no answer. That's just one thing, there are so many contradictions to disagree over."

The Protestants and the Catholics are all wrong.
What faith are they promoting and talking about?
Buddhist, Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Atheist - all have faith.
What is their faith? What is faith?
Is that the ONE TRUE FAITH?

Ephesians 4:4-6 New International Version (NIV)
There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

If what people believe and have faith on is baloney, it doesn't matter if you have works still they will not see heaven. But assuming a person has that ONE TRUE FAITH is "faith alone" correct? Let us go back to Galatians 2:16 the verse you mentioned.

Galatians 2:16 New International Version (NIV)
know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

What is the works of the law? It is the Old Testament law - the commandments, rules and decrees written. Isn't the law list THINGS NOT TO BE DONE aside from remembering the Sabbath Day - which list things not to do on that day? How can a person be justified by such things?

Further the same Letter to the Galatians reads:

Galatians 3:10 New International Version (NIV)
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Now that is the works of the law, but that is not the only kind of work mentioned in the Bible. The NIV mentions this as deeds to distinguish it from works of the law.

James 2:18-26 New International Version (NIV)
But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend.
View attachment 28197
You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?
View attachment 28198
As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead

So what is correct?
To have that one true faith with deeds which is acceptable to God

So you agree with the Catholics, even though your saying they are wrong.
First, the Protestants will disagree with you using things like this:

"One of the key issues in the Reformation was the doctrine of Sola Fide, that is, that salvation is by faith alone, apart from works.
What, then, is the biblical basis for this belief?

First, there is the entire book of Romans, which is a build-up to, statement of, and then supporting evidence of, the doctrine. Some relevant verse....

Likewise, we can't wash away our sins with the mirror of God's law, but instead are washed clean by the blood of Christ. This is the essence of the message to the Romans.

Other verses throughout the New Testament also state this doctrine plainly."

Full answer here:
What is the biblical basis for salvation by faith alone (sola fide)?

But really I don't care, the point is that it's impossible to come to a consensus on just ONE issue.
And as we see, there are more than 500 contradictions.
The entire thing is man-made mythology to which you have put forth no evidence otherwise except ridiculously vague prophecies and a declaration that it's the "true faith"?

In terms of "faith", all your doing is adding the words "one true" in front of it, as if that makes it real?
This has been going on since the Egyptian god Amen was promoted to "one true god".

"Following Amun's (also called Amen) ascendancy during the New Kingdom, he was hailed as "The Self-created One" and "King of the Gods" who had created all things, including himself.
In Amun, the most important aspects of both Ra and Atum were combined to establish an all-encompassing deity whose aspects were literally every facet of creation.

His cult was so popular that, as scholar Richard H. Wilkinson observes, Egyptian religion became almost monotheistic and Amun "came particularly close to being a kind of monotheistic deity" (94). The popularity of this god, in fact, ushered in the first monotheistic religious movement in Egypt under Akhenaten (1353-1336 BCE) who banned polytheistic worship and established the state religion of the one true god Aten."
Amun

Calling faith "one true faith" and thinking that that makes it any more likely to be true is just one huge fallacy of epic fantasy proportions.

What's strange is you actually are saying that the bible is the word of god but also saying that much of the bible is made up by man? But then using scripture as if it's reliable but you yourself said it's not reliable?
You are debunking your own arguments?

joelr

We are living in the last days.

Even NASA scientists says
"Are We Overdue?" NASA --'Potentially Hazardous' Skyscraper-Size Asteroid Speeding Towards Earth (WATCH Video) | The Daily Galaxy

That is their opinion, I have another.

Every generation of religious people since post-Exilic Jewish culture thinks they were about to be in end times. Very unoriginal.

"The non-fulfillment of prophecies served to popularize the methods of apocalyptic in comparison with the non-fulfillment of the advent of the Messianic kingdom.

Such ideas as those of "the day of Yahweh" and the "new heavens and a new earth" were re-interpreted by the Jewish people with fresh nuances in conformity with their new settings. Thus the inner development of Jewish apocalyptic was conditioned by the historical experiences of the nation.[8] But the prophecies found in Jewish scriptures, which have not changed over time, await their fulfillment.

Apocalyptic literature - Wikipedia

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
We are living in the last days.

Even NASA scientists says
"Are We Overdue?" NASA --'Potentially Hazardous' Skyscraper-Size Asteroid Speeding Towards Earth (WATCH Video) | The Daily Galaxy

That is their opinion, I have another.

Well, I can't see much point in arguing. If you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you and I'm afraid the bible just doesn't cut it - by the way, that NASA article is interesting but the title is meant to be provocative to get readers. They don't actually believe we're living in the last days.

Out of interest - how long do we have left?

MJFlores

So you agree with the Catholics, even though your saying they are wrong.
First, the Protestants will disagree with you using things like this:

"One of the key issues in the Reformation was the doctrine of Sola Fide, that is, that salvation is by faith alone, apart from works.
What, then, is the biblical basis for this belief?

First, there is the entire book of Romans, which is a build-up to, statement of, and then supporting evidence of, the doctrine. Some relevant verse....

Likewise, we can't wash away our sins with the mirror of God's law, but instead are washed clean by the blood of Christ. This is the essence of the message to the Romans.

Other verses throughout the New Testament also state this doctrine plainly."

Full answer here:
What is the biblical basis for salvation by faith alone (sola fide)?

But really I don't care, the point is that it's impossible to come to a consensus on just ONE issue.
And as we see, there are more than 500 contradictions.
The entire thing is man-made mythology to which you have put forth no evidence otherwise except ridiculously vague prophecies and a declaration that it's the "true faith"?

In terms of "faith", all your doing is adding the words "one true" in front of it, as if that makes it real?
This has been going on since the Egyptian god Amen was promoted to "one true god".

"Following Amun's (also called Amen) ascendancy during the New Kingdom, he was hailed as "The Self-created One" and "King of the Gods" who had created all things, including himself.
In Amun, the most important aspects of both Ra and Atum were combined to establish an all-encompassing deity whose aspects were literally every facet of creation.

His cult was so popular that, as scholar Richard H. Wilkinson observes, Egyptian religion became almost monotheistic and Amun "came particularly close to being a kind of monotheistic deity" (94). The popularity of this god, in fact, ushered in the first monotheistic religious movement in Egypt under Akhenaten (1353-1336 BCE) who banned polytheistic worship and established the state religion of the one true god Aten."
Amun

Calling faith "one true faith" and thinking that that makes it any more likely to be true is just one huge fallacy of epic fantasy proportions.

What's strange is you actually are saying that the bible is the word of god but also saying that much of the bible is made up by man? But then using scripture as if it's reliable but you yourself said it's not reliable?
You are debunking your own arguments?

I have replied based on the Scriptures.
If it is outside of the Scriptures, it is foreign and that is not what I believe in.
Sola Fide - is Latin for Faith Alone
But it is just half the part of being saved, a saved must have deeds too.
A human without breath of life [spirit] is dead.
Same is true with Faith without works is dead.

It is not enough that a man believes in God
The devils believe in God and shudder, so what makes a man with faith to have an advantage?
Faith and works comes hand in hand.
Which is the essence of the commandments
Love God with all of your heart, with all of your mind and with all of your soul - [FAITH]
And you should love your neighbor as yourself [DEEDS]

Catholics [as I used to be one] would require
  1. Faith in the Catholic dogma and doctrines
  2. Sacraments - pay the fees for these rituals
  3. Purgatory - you gotta dole out cash baby if you want your love ones reach heaven!

upload_2019-4-13_16-43-58.jpeg

There is the one true faith
the faith were all questions of faith are answered
not by men but from the Scriptures
People say the Scriptures have a lot of contradictions
And it is flawed because people made it up, not God
When people make things up, they have their motives
Wicked people would do it for money
But God inspired people would do it for what?
We don't even know their faces so its not fame.
We don't even know their relatives so its not for royalties
They died and performed their duty to God so their work could be seen
By many for salvation which is the ultimate prize a man with true faith and good works can achieve
To be with God and his Son Jesus in a place called New Earth and New Heavens.

Seems an imaginary baloney?
That is where true faith is tested - knowing and believing of things to come and things yet to be seen.

Every generation of religious people since post-Exilic Jewish culture thinks they were about to be in end times. Very unoriginal.

"The non-fulfillment of prophecies served to popularize the methods of apocalyptic in comparison with the non-fulfillment of the advent of the Messianic kingdom.

Such ideas as those of "the day of Yahweh" and the "new heavens and a new earth" were re-interpreted by the Jewish people with fresh nuances in conformity with their new settings. Thus the inner development of Jewish apocalyptic was conditioned by the historical experiences of the nation.[8] But the prophecies found in Jewish scriptures, which have not changed over time, await their fulfillment.

Apocalyptic literature - Wikipedia

A lot have predicted but they were found false
The bible says - don't even make a guess
Only the Father, the only true God knows when that Day will come
Jesus ain't know it even though he is seated at the right hand of God
the angels ain't know it even though they are in heaven 24/7
But people want to guess hoping money would come out of it.

upload_2019-4-13_16-54-40.jpeg

MJFlores

Well, I can't see much point in arguing. If you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you and I'm afraid the bible just doesn't cut it - by the way, that NASA article is interesting but the title is meant to be provocative to get readers. They don't actually believe we're living in the last days.

Out of interest - how long do we have left?

Matthew 24:36 New International Version (NIV)
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

upload_2019-4-13_16-57-29.jpeg

I really don't know but I am prepared.
10-20 years? I don't know.
It might be next week for all you know.
When you see it, then its a little bit late to guess.

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
Matthew 24:36 New International Version (NIV)
“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

View attachment 28232

I really don't know but I am prepared.
10-20 years? I don't know.
It might be next week for all you know.
When you see it, then its a little bit late to guess.
I'm glad you're prepared, but a little sad for you that you're so convinced your god wants to kill us all and take his favorites back. What's the point? Couldn't he have just created a heaven for everyone where everyone behaved themselves how he wanted? What game is he playing? (I don't think there is a game; its far more likely there's no god than one who does this sort of thing...)

Skwim

Veteran Member
I'm glad you're prepared, but a little sad for you that you're so convinced your god wants to kill us all and take his favorites back. What's the point? Couldn't he have just created a heaven for everyone where everyone behaved themselves how he wanted? What game is he playing? (I don't think there is a game; its far more likely there's no god than one who does this sort of thing...)
Looking at god through Christian theology I've concluded the only reasonable explanation is that god was bored, so he created a flawed creature, us, for his amusement. :shrug:

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
Looking at god through Christian theology I've concluded the only reasonable explanation is that god was bored, so he created a flawed creature, us, for his amusement. :shrug:

I did a similar thing with an ant farm when I was younger... except I didnt give my ants' babies cancer or send them for eternal torture for being ants

Dan Mellis

Thorsredballs
Yeah, I know I could have invented a far nicer god than the one Christians love and worship.

Strange people, these Christians.

Maybe, but how would your god account for all the awful stuff in the world? I like the Norse way. They didn't trust, or even particularly like their gods. Because gods are a-holes whichever way you cut it.