• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine Pieces Of Evidence That Confirm The Historical Accuracy Of The Bible

MJFlores

i.e. not liquid.

Not liquid
Not gas
Solid
and its Water
Because the Americans said its water.
Don't worry about me, I'm just reading

If you have some objections then...
I think it is time to
Make America Smart Again

masa.jpg

Deepest water found 1000km down, a third of way to Earth's core

By Andy Coghlan

JULES VERNE’s idea of an ocean deep below the surface in Journey to the Centre of the Earth may not have been too far off. Earth’s mantle may contain many oceans’ worth of water – with the deepest 1000 kilometres down.

“If it wasn’t down there, we would all be submerged,” says Steve Jacobsen at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, whose team made the discovery. “This implies a bigger reservoir of water on the planet than previously thought.”

This water is much deeper than any seen before, at a third of the way to the edge of Earth’s core. Its presence was indicated by a diamond spat out 90 million years ago by a volcano near the São Luíz river in Juina, Brazil.

sooda

Veteran Member
He should have asked you how you know. He could have demanded links that support your claims. But like most literalists he probably does not want to know how you know. For literalists ignorance is one of their tactics. They seem to know that a lack of knowledge is the only thing keeping them from being liars.

Well, he/she wouldn't read the links if I posted them.. Too much work and study.

It boils down to this.

The Great Tribulation was the destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman army in A.D.70. This has been the belief of Christians throughout the history of the Church until the last hundred years or so.

John of Patmos identified himself.

“I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

King James Version (KJV)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not liquid
Not gas
Solid
and its Water

I think it is time to
Make America Smart Again

View attachment 27563

By Andy Coghlan

JULES VERNE’s idea of an ocean deep below the surface in Journey to the Centre of the Earth may not have been too far off. Earth’s mantle may contain many oceans’ worth of water – with the deepest 1000 kilometres down.

“If it wasn’t down there, we would all be submerged,” says Steve Jacobsen at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, whose team made the discovery. “This implies a bigger reservoir of water on the planet than previously thought.”

This water is much deeper than any seen before, at a third of the way to the edge of Earth’s core. Its presence was indicated by a diamond spat out 90 million years ago by a volcano near the São Luíz river in Juina, Brazil.
That does not help your flood myth. Why post it?

sooda

Veteran Member
Not liquid
Not gas
Solid
and its Water

I think it is time to
Make America Smart Again

View attachment 27563

By Andy Coghlan

You know an oil reserve is NOT a puddle of oil deep in the earth??

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, he/she wouldn't read the links if I posted them.. Too much work and study.

It boils down to this.

The Great Tribulation was the destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman army in A.D.70. This has been the belief of Christians throughout the history of the Church until the last hundred years or so.

John of Patmos identified himself.

“I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

King James Version (KJV)
That is true. Or as in the case of some others here, if read they would at best be not understood or worse misapplied.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I expect adults to do their own research.. My claims are supported by archaeology, linguists and historians... and the truth should not shake your faith. The OT is about the Jews and their history.
Yes, adults should do their own research, and not look for others to research their information for them. Nor should they expect others to check everything they say, in order to determine if it is legit.
That's why on public forums, anything that is said by a user who does not want to back up what they say with evidence, or provide a link for others to refer to, is usually just dismissed as a claim.... Because no one is going to check through a post, and go searching the net to see if what that user say is true, or not.
Your claims are only supported by those whose opinions you favor.
Archaeologists, historians, and linguist disagree with them.

I find the evidence supports my faith, not shake it.
Truth is not what people want it to be. Evidence can point to truth, but it is not always possible to prove with 100% certainty, what is truth.
However, I do find there is much truth in the Bible, and it is supported by historical, scientific, and other reliable evidence.

sooda

Veteran Member
Yes, adults should do their own research, and not look for others to research their information for them. Nor should they expect others to check everything they say, in order to determine if it is legit.
That's why on public forums, anything that is said by a user who does not want to back up what they say with evidence, or provide a link for others to refer to, is usually just dismissed as a claim.... Because no one is going to check through a post, and go searching the net to see if what that user say is true, or not.
Your claims are only supported by those whose opinions you favor.
Archaeologists, historians, and linguist disagree with them.

I find the evidence supports my faith, not shake it.
Truth is not what people want it to be. Evidence can point to truth, but it is not always possible to prove with 100% certainty, what is truth.
However, I do find there is much truth in the Bible, and it is supported by historical, scientific, and other reliable evidence.

I think when you know where futurism came from, you would re-examine your beliefs. It was a result of church politics.

Are you familiar with the Council of Trent?

I am not Catholic BTW.. but I certainly don't hate the Pope or the Church or Peter or Paul..

MJFlores

You keep saying that Jesus had a childish belief in something that did not happen. You keep claiming that he was not divine.

It must be another person who said that [ had a childish belief in something that did not happen ].
But I believe everything he said was the truth.
He is holy and sacred.
If your definition of "divine" = god
then he is not god or God

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It must be another person who said that [ had a childish belief in something that did not happen ].
He is holy and sacred.
If you claim that Jesus believed the Noah's Ark myth then you are claiming that Jesus had a childish belief.

MJFlores

You know an oil reserve is NOT a puddle of oil deep in the earth??

Ain't oil

Scientists discover an ocean 400 miles beneath our feet that could fill our oceans three times over

After decades of theorizing and searching, scientists are reporting that they’ve finally found a massive reservoir of water in the Earth’s mantle — a reservoir so vast that could fill the Earth’s oceans three times over. This discovery suggests that Earth’s surface water actually came from within, as part of a “whole-Earth water cycle,” rather than the prevailing theory of icy comets striking Earth billions of years ago. As always, the more we understand about how the Earth formed, and how its multitude of interior layers continue to function, the more accurately we can predict the future. Weather, sea levels, climate change — these are all closely linked to the tectonic activity that endlessly churns away beneath our feet.

Scientists discover an ocean 400 miles beneath our feet that could fill our oceans three times over - ExtremeTech

Maybe this water is the proof of the flood mentioned in Genesis.
This is where the floodwaters went.

earth-ocean-ringwoodite.jpg

MJFlores

If you claim that Jesus believed the Noah's Ark myth then you are claiming that Jesus had a childish belief.

You may have a point there...

Matthew 18:3 New International Version (NIV)
And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I think when you know where futurism came from, you would re-examine your beliefs. It was a result of church politics.

Are you familiar with the Council of Trent?

I am not Catholic BTW.. but I certainly don't hate the Pope or the Church or Peter or Paul..
Perhaps you might need to get to know what JWs believe. I think sometimes that may be an eyeopener for some.

Audie

Veteran Member
He is holy and sacred.

"Noahs ark' is a very childish belief, and
the childishness does not end there.

You are bringing no credit to yourself
or your nationality with all this super
bold font and heavily illustrated garbage.

Good luck. Respond if it suits you,but
I wont read it.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Not liquid
Not gas
Solid
and its Water

I think it is time to
Make America Smart Again

View attachment 27563

By Andy Coghlan

Still not free liquid water, and I'm not American.

MJFlores

"Noahs ark' is a very childish belief, and
the childishness does not end there.

You are bringing no credit to yourself
or your nationality with all this super
bold font and heavily illustrated garbage.

Good luck. Respond if it suits you,but
I wont read it.

Oh my lordi, if people don't want to believe in Noah's ark
That is fine by me.
Noah isn't the centerpiece of my belief.

1 Corinthians 8:6 New International Version (NIV)
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

now that is my core belief.

What do atheist believe in?
May I ask?
I'm sure you believe in something.
Something that sets you apart from everybody else...