• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nine Pieces Of Evidence That Confirm The Historical Accuracy Of The Bible

MJFlores

And I bet you just adore the idea of all the death and destruction that goes with that.

Sometimes, the thoughts of religious people just make me dizzy...

Sometimes when I hear this song

Sometimes, I would want these things to happen when I see how evil people are.
How man could inflict cruelty to another.
Sometimes I wish everything should end.

But the end could only happen in accordance with the Bible
Not with the cruelty and wickedness of man

Had to show cartoons because I cringe on re-enacted videos of cruelty in YouTube.

Matthew 24:14 New International Version (NIV)
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

MJFlores

Bingo! We have just been handed a fool-proof way to save the world from destruction by this mad god...everybody get busy and predict the apocalypse for every single day from now until forever, and since God won't let anybody be right about their prediction, the apocalypse can never come. Easy peasy!

I pretty sure that most astronomers are atheists
Because they have concepts the have have concocted on how the universe was formed
Their amazing billions and billions of years
Having said that, well they had their own predictions and assumptions
and they believe that one day the world would end.

So relax whether you believe in "this mad god" or not
The show always end and the curtain has to fall
Every beginning has its end.

MJFlores

Those verses really do not help you. Especially the first. Most Christians will simply say that those symbols are not idols. They do not worship them.

And you need to learn how to spell. Goodyear makes "tires". Tyre was an island, now a peninsula in the Mediterranean. Zeke made a prophecy that Nebby would destroy it to such an extent that it was never found again. Zebby never even entered the gates of the city.

Roger on that.;)

MJFlores

It's right where? Who are "they?"
Okay so your first line says "It's like the Bible was protected by the hand of God."
Then, in your last line you say, "the non Latin copies (i.e. the originals) burned by the Roman church so people couldn't read or understand the Bible."

Do you see the contradiction you've made?

Looking for contradictions in history?
Oh the video was from the Canadian Bible Society.
You should ask them, eh?

Audie

Veteran Member
Most of those "science facts" were never scientific facts. There were examples of bad applications of science. For example the penny dropping from the Empire State building killing someone. That would only happen if there was no atmosphere. And if there was no atmosphere falling pennies would be the least of our concerns.

You are not helping. None of those were ever facts.
Pop "science" , confused people, ignorant people
are sources for such nonsense, and misuse of
words.

Not "facts"!!!!
I swear, if creos did not have equivocation, they'd
hardly have a thing to say.

The closest to the word "fact" that you will get from
an actual researcher will be something like, "It is a fact
that this is my data."

Nobody ever dropped pennies from Empire State bldg
to test velocity, energy of impact etc. If they did, THEN
they could give some numbers, and say, if they like,
that this could /could not potentially kill someone.

DATA, do not and cannot change.

Opinions, guesses etc can. I thought you
understood that instead of freakin' agreeing
with that simple minded post about facts changeing.

Honestly, people in America!!!!

Last edited:

MJFlores

However historical events which occurred long after the prophecies were spoken and written are something to scratch your head into.

I have yet to hear a prophecy from any religion that wasn't either so vague that it could mean virtually anything or was simply no different than an accurate prediction. What prophecies do you imagine don't fall into either of those two categories?

One of the prophecies is the 3rd seal in the Book of Revelations.
I have already revealed what the 1st and 2nd seal were about and shown where it was in history.
1st - 380 AD - Nicene Christianity
2nd - 1096-1291 AD - Crusades

I have to move forward to the 3rd seal to
show "a prophecy from any religion that wasn't either so vague that it could mean virtually anything or was simply no different than an accurate prediction"
The seven seals are events written by the apostle John as recorded in the Book of Rev before 100 AD
The events prophesied far into the future from 380 AD to 1939 AD

Now to the 3rd seal:
Revelation 6:5-6 New International Version (NIV)
When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!”

blackhorse.jpg

When did this prophecy written? before 100 AD
When did this prophecy fulfilled? 1315-1322
Where did this happen? Europe
What represents the black horse? Famine

History recorded as:
The Great Famine of 1315–1317 (occasionally dated 1315–1322) was the first of a series of large-scale crises that struck Europe early in the 14th century. ... Crop failures lasted through 1316 until the summer harvest in 1317, and Europe did not fully recover until 1322.
Great Famine of 1315–1317 - Wikipedia

How are we sure that this is really the history foretold way back 100 AD?

In the year of our Lord 1315, apart from the other hardships with which England was afflicted, hunger grew in the land.... Meat and eggs began to run out, capons and fowl could hardly be found, animals died of pest, swine could not be fed because of the excessive price of fodder. A quarter of wheat or beans or peas sold for twenty shillings [In 1313 a quarter of wheat sold for five shillings.], barley for a mark, oats for ten shillings. A quarter of salt was commonly sold for thirty-five shillings, which in former times was quite unheard of. The land was so oppressed with want that whe the king came to St. Albans on the feast of St. Laurence [August 10] it was hardly possible to find bread on sale to supply his immediate household....

The dearth began in the month of May and lasted until the feast of the nativity of the Virgin [September 8]. The summer rains were so heavy that grain could not ripen. It could hardly be gathered and used to bake bread down to the said feast day unless it was first put in vessels to dry. Around the end of autumn the dearth was mitigated in part, but toward Christmas it became as bad as before. Bread did not have its usual nourishing power and strength because the grain was not nourished by the warmth of summer sunshine. Hence those who ate it, even in large quantities, were hungry again after a little while. There can be no doubt that the poor wasted away when even the rich were constantly hungry....

Considering and understanding these past miseries and those that were still to come, we can see how the prophecy of Jeremiah is fulfilled in the English people: "If I go forth into the fields, behold those slain with the sword, and if I enter into the city behold them that are consumed with famine" (Jeremiah 14.18). Going "forth into the fields" when we call to mind the ruin of our people in Scotland and Gascony, Wales and Ireland ... Entering the city we consider "them that are consumed with famine" when we see the poor and needy, crushed with hunger, lying stiff and dead in the wards and streets....

Four pennies worth of coarse bread was not enough to feed a common man for one day. The usual kinds of meat, suitable for eating, were too scarce; horse meat was precious; plump dogs were stolen. And, according to many reports, men and women in many places secretly ate their own children....
Internet History Sourcebooks Project

Audie

Veteran Member
That mat be so, but the reality is that so-called scientific facts do often change as further information is discovered. Just look at all the changes in the fields of health and medicine alone.

As noted elsewhere, yes there are changes, but you
simply do not know what you ard talking about, or,
you would not misuse the label "scientific fact" in
such a foolish way.

Keep it up, as you like though, for lo, the more ignorant and
silly the "Christians" act, the more they discredit their
cult.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Science does not do proof or facts. You seem
very confused. Maybe stick to what you know?
Or do you try to instruct your dentist, plumber or
accountant on how their profession works?
Reviewing that video, I find that most of the claims that are attributed to science are often common beliefs that are being attributed to science by the video maker. It is also important to note that it is the results of scientific investigation that is correcting those claims.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You are not helping. None of those were ever facts.
Pop "science" , confused people, ignorant people
are sources for such nonsense, and misuse of
words.

Not "facts"!!!!
I swear, if creos did not have equivocation, they'd
hardly have a thing to say.

The closest to the word "fact" that you will get from
an actual researcher will be something like, "It is a fact
that this is my data."

Nobody ever dropped pennies from Empire State bldg
to test velocity, energy of impact etc. If they did, THEN
they could give some numbers, and say, if they like,
that this could /could not potentially kill someone.

DATA, do not and cannot change.

Opinions, guesses etc can. I thought you
understood that instead of freakin' agreeing
with that simple minded post about facts changeing.

Honestly, people in America!!!!
To be honest I got bored and only found non-facts. I did not want to make a hasty generalization.