• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nikki Haley

Good-Ole-Rebel

@Prometheus85

So, where did you go. You were quite boastful against the South in calling us traitors. Where are you now? I am quite willing to discuss it.

My how we love to boast things that are shallow and get the approval of man. But once you are called on it....it changes. Then no one is to be found. Best to try and forget it. Best to ignore it. Keep on saying those empty slogans and the empty headed will give you applause. Because their head is as empty as yours.

Prove me wrong. Let's discuss it.

Good-Ole-Rebel

BSM1

What? Me worry?
@Prometheus85

So, where did you go. You were quite boastful against the South in calling us traitors. Where are you now? I am quite willing to discuss it.

My how we love to boast things that are shallow and get the approval of man. But once you are called on it....it changes. Then no one is to be found. Best to try and forget it. Best to ignore it. Keep on saying those empty slogans and the empty headed will give you applause. Because their head is as empty as yours.

Good-Ole-Rebel

After reading some of the posts it hit me why many people want to tear down the vestiges of the War of Northern Aggression. Although they want to say the statues are a glorification of defenders of slavery, the statues actually stand as a reminder that if pushed, many of us will take up arms to protect an ideal we believe in. Don't get me wrong, slavery is not to be defended nor condoned, but we are close to a tipping point in the US now. Like those that answered the call then (even thought they may have been misguided) many more will answer the call across America if they feel threatened to the point of no other choice. The South rose and fought the good fight; the smarter Lefties must know that this is still a viable option for those who cherish their freedom.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
After reading some of the posts it hit me why many people want to tear down the vestiges of the War of Northern Aggression. Although they want to say the statues are a glorification of defenders of slavery, the statues actually stand as a reminder that if pushed, many of us will take up arms to protect an ideal we believe in. Don't get me wrong, slavery is not to be defended nor condoned, but we are close to a tipping point in the US now. Like those that answered the call then (even thought they may have been misguided) many more will answer the call across America if they feel threatened to the point of no other choice. The South rose and fought the good fight; the smarter Lefties must know that this is still a viable option for those who cherish their freedom.
But the best criticism is that it's Talibanesque to tear down statues because they offend.

Good-Ole-Rebel

But, they were not misguided.

Good-Ole-Rebel

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Like those that answered the call then (even thought they may have been misguided)
And what call will they be answering this time? The defence of a corrupt President? Or will they stand up to defend systemic racism and the right to discriminate against lgbtq? Or will they bravely fight for the right of corporations to destroy the planet?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
And what call will they be answering this time? The defence of a corrupt President? Or will they stand up to defend systemic racism and the right to discriminate against lgbtq? Or will they bravely fight for the right of corporations to destroy the planet?

Does it really matter? My point is that one should never underestimate the willingness of some people to die for a cause.

Prometheus85

@Prometheus85

Good-Ole-Rebel

I haven’t gone anywhere. I don’t know about u but i work for living. In anycase, you provide a good example of denialism about the confederacy and especially denialism of the chief underlying cause of the war, why would I debate someone like that?

Prometheus85

i see what you did lol

your trying to redefine the meaning of the war to ignore slavery, so that the Southern "heroes" would not seem like evil racists seeking to hold down an entire race of people.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I haven’t gone anywhere. I don’t know about u but i work for living. In anycase, you provide a good example of denialism about the confederacy and especially denialism of the chief underlying cause of the war, why would I debate someone like that?

Because....maybe you are wrong?

I am willing to discuss it. Are you?

Good-Ole-Rebel

BSM1

What? Me worry?
i see what you did lol

your trying to redefine the meaning of the war to ignore slavery, so that the Southern "heroes" would not seem like evil racists seeking to hold down an entire race of people.

No. I'm telling you to watch your metaphoric back.

Prometheus85

OK. Why are we of the South traitors, as you claimed?

Good-Ole-Rebel

The Confederacy rose up in arms against their fellow countrymen and the United States and its Constitution. The supreme law of the land. Their rebellion was an act of treason. Flying any banner associated with them, monuments to their traitor *** generals is no different than donning a shirt saying "I support The Nazis"

The only reason, in my opinion, why they are glorified is because they were not punished by the Union. And there was a Successful attempt at re-writing history.

If it had been up to me, i would of stripped them of all their lands and holdings and given them to the free blacks. Like Thaddeus Stevens said in the film Lincoln, " ..strip the heritage of traitors and give them to free men

Good-Ole-Rebel

The Confederacy rose up in arms against their fellow countrymen and the United States and its Constitution. The supreme law of the land. Their rebellion was an act of treason. Flying any banner associated with them, monuments to their traitor *** generals is no different than donning a shirt saying "I support The Nazis"

The only reason, in my opinion, why they are glorified is because they were not punished by the Union. And there was a Successful attempt at re-writing history.

If it had been up to me, i would of stripped them of all their lands and holdings and given them to the free blacks. Like Thaddeus Stevens said in the film Lincoln, " ..strip the heritage of traitors and give them to free men

How did the Southern States rise up against the Constitution of the United States?

Good-Ole-Rebel

BSM1

What? Me worry?

In this country you have the freedom to wear a shirt saying "I support the Nazis". Although it is offensive and may hurt your sensibilities, it doesn't give you license to seize their property and/or restrict their freedoms. You have the mindset that would tend to start an uprising.

Good-Ole-Rebel

How did the Southern States rise up against the Constitution of the United States?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Consider this: The Constitution protected slavery. Any runaway slave was to be returned to it's owner. In 1857 the Supreme Court, which interprets the Constitution, ruled in the Dred Scott case that the Southernor was free to take his slaves any where in the States or territories he wanted to.

The South was not rising up against the Constitution. They were protected (supposedly) by the Constitution.

Immediately after the War, what is the first thing the ****yankees did? They changed the Constitution to fit them. So, who are the real traitors?

Good-Ole-Rebel