• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL playoffs

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
The NFL playoffs are upon us.

Did your team make it?

My team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Our division is so trash that we have a losing record and we are still in the playoffs.

I have faith in a higher power... and that higher power is Tom Brady! Nobody believed me when I said we were gonna win the super bowl when we first signed him.

It's gonna be wild - a team with a losing record winning the super bowl :)

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Did your team make it?
My team, the Detroit Lions, missed the playoffs in a rather disappointing way. We needed Seatle to lose or tie and then we needed to go to Green Bay at night and win. Seatle wins in overtime after some very questionable referee calls. Figures. Then we go to Green Bay and pull off the exciting upset. We miss the playoffs on a tie-breaker rule.

I would love to see Tom Brady pull it off and win the Super Bowl again, But, it doesn't appear they have the defense and offensive consistency they had in their Super Bowl year.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
two "miracles" occurred - god was on my side ;) - and the seahawks are in! :)
You can thank us long suffering Detroit Lions for that:):). Team showed class and then miss the playoffs on a tie-breaker rule. WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR is our motto.

Clizby Wampuscat

Did your team make it?

My team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Our division is so trash that we have a losing record and we are still in the playoffs.

I have faith in a higher power... and that higher power is Tom Brady! Nobody believed me when I said we were gonna win the super bowl when we first signed him.

It's gonna be wild - a team with a losing record winning the super bowl :)
I love Brady he finds ways to win. My team are the Vikings so they will disappoint as they have for 50 years now.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
two "miracles" occurred - god was on my side ;) - and the seahawks are in! :)
I love it how God is always on the side of the winner. The winning team praises God, but the losing team doesn't. We'll see if TCU wins tonight.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'm in Kansas City, and the Chiefs are a first round bye due to the best record. It will likely come down to the Chiefs and Bills for the AFC championship. If that is the case the AFC game will be at a neutral location due to the injury during the Bills Bengals game last week. I think that is a fair compromise. Bills are going to be tough to beat.

Mahomes just moved into his new custom built house, but for 4 years he lived about a mile and a half from me. I'd ride my bike by his house sometimes to see if he was out mowing the lawn or something. Never saw him, but I would often see some pretty nice cars in his circle driveway.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I'm in Buffalo, I always root for the Bills. This year I think the Bengals are the scariest team in the AFC. Poor Buffalo has been through a lot of adversity this year, and they still find ways to win. Looks like if we beat the Dolphins, we will end up playing Cincy at home. So in Buffalo it's an emotional rollercoaster ride.

It's a three horse race. I rank Cincy 1, Bills 2, and KC 3. But really those three are evenly matched.

And oh boy if the Bills make the Super Bowl, they'll have to face SF or Phi. So none of it is easy, and any of those 5 teams can win it all.

I think the Vikings are out of miracles, and the Cowboys have an outside chance.