• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Next British Prime Minister?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
OK who do you want and who do you think will get it?

ps (For the first pick any party)
I am hoping for a general election, but I don't find that realistically possible right now.

The best choice would perhaps be Theresa May, who is usually underestimated.

I would say that it is a toss-up between Boris Jonson and whoever the ERG decides to push for.

exchemist

Veteran Member
OK who do you want and who do you think will get it?

ps (For the first pick any party)
Starmer is who I think we need but, given the Tories will not choose to commit suicide by calling an election, Sunak would be by far the best of the realistic candidates for getting us through the next couple of years.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Truss certainly isn't helping to make it look like her single, sole goal as PM was kill the Queen. She met the Queen, scared her to death with the Thatcher thing, and seems to have basically done nothing else but quit.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Whoever’s next will have to be a chef to cook the books,this is the two party system at work,they each serve a term of supplying us with a **** sandwich,peanuts and all,an eternal buffet,eat as much as you like,I don’t think Labour would even want an election atm.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I have little notion of how influential the ERG currently is, but I have to assume that the Tories will let go of them at some point.

Now is as good a time as any, I think.
Agreed. The ERG's central project has now failed. Brexit has not delivered any economic benefits but the opposite. And their self-serving idea of "Singapoor-on-Thames" has just been blown out of the water by those evil Marxist bond traders in the city who, for some unaccountable reason, want either to be sure they get back the money they lend to the government, or else be paid a premium for the risk of not getting it back.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmm, I wasn't expecting that. Why do you think that?
He just seems disliked generally and I think he'd screw up pretty fast like he did in the hustings. I don't think any of the current front benchers would go down well tbh.

exchemist

Veteran Member
He just seems disliked generally and I think he'd screw up pretty fast like he did in the hustings. I don't think any of the current front benchers would go down well tbh.
But he CAN run the country. We know that. And more MPs voted for him than Truss, last time, so he's not that unpopular.