• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newspapers! - Do you read them still?

Do you still read newspapers?

• Daily. I read them at work or wherever I find them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I began chuckling to myself last night over the fact that I simply cannot remember the last time I bought a newspaper. Years ago, I subscribed to the two daily's in Vancouver, Canada, and scanned them from stem to stern each day. Then, several years ago, I'm not even sure how long ago, I stopped subscribing or buying them. The last memories of a regular nature were reading the paper at work over lunch. This was long after I had terminated my subscriptions.

The last one I bought may have been due to Hurricane Katrina, though it may have been as long ago as 9/11.

So, RF, what say you? Do you still bother with newspapers or have you switched to other news sources online?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I began chuckling to myself last night over the fact that I simply cannot remember the last time I bought a newspaper. Years ago, I subscribed to the two daily's in Vancouver, Canada, and scanned them from stem to stern each day. Then, several years ago, I'm not even sure how long ago, I stopped subscribing or buying them. The last memories of a regular nature were reading the paper at work over lunch. This was long after I had terminated my subscriptions.

The last one I bought may have been due to Hurricane Katrina, though it may have been as long as as 9/11.

So, RF, what say you? Do you still bother with newspapers or have you switched to other news sources online?

I used newspapers to wrap my fragile items when I moved last year. Online news sources do not offer nearly as much protection.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I read them online, so no papers, but I do subscribe to "newsy" magazines for example, The Atlantic.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We get a free local monthly newspaper with a couple of great coupons. I read that. Otherwise, I'm online.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What pisses me off are the unsolicited phone books that get tossed onto my porch or into my yard. In the internet age, these, much like newspapers, are are useless and wasteful.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I used to love the Sunday Times which came with supplements and magazines,
Plenty of coffee and scan those pages all the way to the sports pages and gradually lost all interest because of political bias in the media.
I had hopes for the independent but all newspapers swing one way or another politically so I gave up with them all.

Do you still bother with newspapers or have you switched to other news sources online?

Might get one for the crossword if they are free.

I try to avoid online news sources as much as possible too as the more daily news you read, the more misinformation you absorb.

Shad

Veteran Member

The last one I bought may have been due to Hurricane Katrina, though it may have been as long ago as 9/11.

I read the local paper but it is paid for by the city and ads rather than a subscription. All other news I get online.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't read them daily, but more than weekly. One paper is free and delivered via mail, another one I get from a friend who delivers them, and if I have a chance I'll read over the Indy Star, NYT, WSJ, or whatever catches my eye.

Jumi

When I'm in waiting rooms, public transportation and some restaurants they tend to have newspapers. I usually skim through them only, it's rare that they have something covered that's not in more detail on the internet. On a rare time I'll read one in a public library if there's some interesting article.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
o_O

Like frozen?
:confused:o_O Who would ever freeze chips?

upload_2018-7-22_11-39-15.png

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

A couple of times a year. Just to see whats written usually a local paper, the wall street journal and a New York City daily (Still pretty cheap).