• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newcomer - Teach me :)

allfoak

Alchemist
.....god is a human construct.
I am afraid that is not even possible.
It makes no difference who you are or where you live, if you want to know God you can, you don't have to learn about God from someone else and then begin believing, that is not how it works.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi people,

I am new here. I live in Germany, I am 18 years old and I am studying Computer Science in university.

I was born a Muslim, but I don't believe in Allah (EDIT: Islam) . However, I believe in God.

I hope, that I can learn a lot of things here :)

Hey, welcome to RF!
Lots to learn here, and hopefully we can learn from you as well. Enjoy your stay.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I would consider myself to be belonging to rationalist strands of Hinduism with good knowledge of Hinduism, Buddhism, atheism and some amount of knowledge about Christianity. (Also science obviously).

In terms of the coloured part, that doesn't take too much...!!!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no such thing as a stupid question

Yeah, so whilst the sentiment is nice, that's not true.
If I was wandering the streets of Nazi Germany, asking the closest SS officer where I could find the synagogue would be an epically stupid question.

;)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The question wouldn't be sincere

*scratches his head*

I mean, I was using an extreme example, and it's not really important, but...having said that...

Asking a friendly guy in a dark alley for change of a hundred?
Asking an undercover cop if you can score drugs?
Asking @Nietzsche for a character reference?

Lots of examples of bad questions.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
*scratches his head*

I mean, I was using an extreme example, and it's not really important, but...having said that...

Asking a friendly guy in a dark alley for change of a hundred?
Asking an undercover cop if you can score drugs?
Asking @Nietzsche for a character reference?

Lots of examples of bad questions.
Ok...there are such things as bad questions but a little common sense can dictate to almost anybody what those bad questions are before they are asked.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am afraid that is not even possible.
It makes no difference who you are or where you live, if you want to know God you can, you don't have to learn about God from someone else and then begin believing, that is not how it works.
If my ending was wrong, why not tell us what you were going to say. Please.

God cannot possibly be that way unless...

Unless what?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
How about secular humanism, philosophical naturalism, epicureanism and Carvaka metaphysics? :p

Perfect!

I knew you were well aware already of the limited span of atheism (in and of itself) but I just couldn't help myself. Character flaw, I guess...
;)

allfoak

Alchemist
If my ending was wrong, why not tell us what you were going to say. Please.

God cannot possibly be that way unless...

Unless what?
It's rather complicated but if it can be said that God is learning through us then when we change our mind, from a very simple and childlike perspective God does also.
God the Father does not ever change.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's rather complicated but if it can be said that God is learning through us then when we change our mind, from a very simple and childlike perspective God does also.
God the Father does not ever change.
One god lets believers of him think that the physical Earth will remain forever and another god lets believers of him think that not only the whole Earth but the whole universe will disintegrate.
One god lets believers of him think that life on Earth is about obeying the law but another god lets believers think that freedom is the ultimate goal.

allfoak

Alchemist
One god lets believers of him think that the physical Earth will remain forever and another god lets believers of him think that not only the whole Earth but the whole universe will disintegrate.
One god lets believers of him think that life on Earth is about obeying the law but another god lets believers think that freedom is the ultimate goal.
Isn't it great!