• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newby Checking

WalterTrull

Godfella
Just checking to see if I'm in the right place. I'm always seeking. I think I've found a bunch of stuff but not nearly enough. I see the bible as a collection of writings by people, or their surrogates, trying to explain things they've seen, probably not understood, and often don't have the words to describe. I think those folks saw something or things that were real and maybe we can figure out what they saw if we don't always get too literal. That'd be cool.

I'm really happy to read Richard Conn Henry's stuff. Tends to confirm what has been mostly intuition to date.

Wouldn't it be great to actually get a handle on "In the beginning is the word"? Well... "He that hath this hope..." Maybe.

The Holy Bottom Burp

Hey there Walter Trull, I haven't read Richard Conn Henry's book but there are plenty of Tech Heads on the forum who no doubt have and will be happy to debate you on it! Welcome to RF!

WalterTrull

Godfella
Thanks everyone for your welcomes.

Richard Conn Henry is a Astro Physicist at Johns Hopkins who authored "the Mental Universe". Don't know about posting links here, (somebody let me know if that's allowed) but that publication is available as a pdf from his website which is easily Googled. Also a bunch of other stuff.

Would love to hear some other impressions of his work.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thanks everyone for your welcomes.

Richard Conn Henry is a Astro Physicist at Johns Hopkins who authored "the Mental Universe". Don't know about posting links here, (somebody let me know if that's allowed) but that publication is available as a pdf from his website which is easily Googled. Also a bunch of other stuff.

Would love to hear some other impressions of his work.
Links are fine and I think a good thing

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just checking to see if I'm in the right place. I'm always seeking. I think I've found a bunch of stuff but not nearly enough. I see the bible as a collection of writings by people, or their surrogates, trying to explain things they've seen, probably not understood, and often don't have the words to describe. I think those folks saw something or things that were real and maybe we can figure out what they saw if we don't always get too literal. That'd be cool.

I'm really happy to read Richard Conn Henry's stuff. Tends to confirm what has been mostly intuition to date.

Wouldn't it be great to actually get a handle on "In the beginning is the word"? Well... "He that hath this hope..." Maybe.
Greetings!

I stole a welcome feast (from the RF staff cafeteria) for you....
th

And for people who dislike bacon, I have a special treat.....
...my pity.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Links are fine and I think a good thing

OK. Here’s a link to “The Mental Universe” by Dr. Henry. http://henry.pha.jhu.edu/mentaluniverse.pdf
He feels that he has proved there must be God do to quantum physics and his experiments. It kind of annoyed him because he was a devout atheist. I’ve tried to read a bunch of his other stuff, but he’s a physicist and since I’m not, I can’t follow the math.

My thought is that he’s confirmed the first line of the lord’s prayer. “Our father who art in heaven…” The source of our being is in heaven, a mental place. Soo… we must be mental. Kinda follows so’s the universe. Cool.

I also sort of like Amit Goswami’s approach, but he’s a bit suspect because he’s trying to sell books.

http://henry.pha.jhu.edu/mentaluniverse.pdf