• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Zoroastrian prayer hall opens in California

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
A new Atash Kadeh was opened last month in Orange, California. It's an achievement six years in the making which the local Zoroastrians are rightly proud of. The hall can accommodate 100 guests but if there are overflow attendees they can be accommodated in the nearby Zoroastrian Association Centre building.

This is great news. All too often we hear about how Zoroastrianism is in decline, about how the population is falling and people are converting out. Things like this make me hopeful that one day very soon that trend can be reversed.

MD

qualiaphile
A new Atash Kadeh was opened last month in Orange, California. It's an achievement six years in the making which the local Zoroastrians are rightly proud of. The hall can accommodate 100 guests but if there are overflow attendees they can be accommodated in the nearby Zoroastrian Association Centre building.

This is great news. All too often we hear about how Zoroastrianism is in decline, about how the population is falling and people are converting out. Things like this make me hopeful that one day very soon that trend can be reversed.

Thanks for this @A Greased Scotsman .

Zoroastrianism existed as an ethnic identity for centuries but that is fading away. As those who identify ethnically as Zoroastrian decrease, those who identify with the religion as a philosophy are growing. The future of Zoroastrianism is more diverse than expected.

I also think in some ways modern Western culture has more in common with Zoroastrianism than modern Iranian culture. This has a lot to do with the influence Zoroaster had on Greek thought.