• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Zealand Doesn't Hesitate to Ban Automatic Weapons

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The numbers mean nothing unless broken down.

Your stupid face palm means even less.

No Audie, The numbers mean an unstable and insecure situation......... numbers which you clearly 'shan't see, won't look at'.

That's why my :facepalm: is so real.

I'm not sure that you really care about the daily shootings and frequent mass shootings. I'm not sure how much you care about the suicides and suicide risks....?

In any case........ you must carry on as you are, because you're stuck with your guns for good an' all, it seems.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In the years after my 3 years in the army, I liked shooting and had my marksman qualification. Also lived remote and many people liked ferral pig eradication, thus I joined in.

Now Im sad if a run over a snake with the lawn mower. :) It is amazing how much we can change.

Regards Tony

I gained my marksman qualification when a cadet at a semi-military school, in full and small bores.

I was a salt-marsh wildfowler from 13-21 years of age.

I exchanged my guns for the camera and nature-scope many years ago. And yes, we sure can change.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Rights come from the government. Something that the writers of the Constitution realized. That was why a Bill of Rights was added to it. One could say: "Yes, off yourself anyway that you can afford".

One can claim to have a right, but without government support that claim is toothless.
This is not true regarding what the wroters of the constitution thought about rights.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Rights come from the government. Something that the writers of the Constitution realized. That was why a Bill of Rights was added to it. One could say: "Yes, off yourself anyway that you can afford".

One can claim to have a right, but without government support that claim is toothless.

Uhhh...you might want to go back and re-read the Bill of Rights. The framers of the Constitution never said rights come from governments, they said the rights were 'unalienable' and 'God given'. The minute you believe your rights come from a government that's the minute you've just become a slave to that government.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Like I said...patronizing.
Unless you're harking back to WW2, when have they hidden behind US petticoats?
And they supported enough military ventures post WW2 to have paid off that 'debt'...though, again, US interests happened to coincide with ANZAC interests.

Uhhh...let's see...how many aircraft carriers does NZ have deployed all over the world? How many NZ bases with NZ troops are there guarding the peace in other countries? How much of their own treasure has NZ put into defensive weapons that could possibly deter aggressive countries from squeezing their kiwis? Hmmm...if it wasn't for the United
States military this world would be a bigger mess than you could imagine. And you're welcome.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Uhhh...let's see...how many aircraft carriers does NZ have deployed all over the world? How many NZ bases with NZ troops are there guarding the peace in other countries? How much of their own treasure has NZ put into defensive weapons that could possibly deter aggressive countries from squeezing their kiwis? Hmmm...if it wasn't for the United
States military this world would be a bigger mess than you could imagine. And you're welcome.

Could you be any more patronizing?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Uhhh...you might want to go back and re-read the Bill of Rights. The framers of the Constitution never said rights come from governments, they said the rights were 'unalienable' and 'God given'. The minute you believe your rights come from a government that's the minute you've just become a slave to that government.
You may be conflating the Declaration of Independence which does make that mistake, with the Constitution. But feel free to quote the Constitution and prove me wrong.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You may be conflating the Declaration of Independence which does make that mistake, with the Constitution. But feel free to quote the Constitution and prove me wrong.

The Constitution, if you'll step back and take a good look, limits the government, not you. It was set up this way on purpose.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Constitution, if you'll step back and take a good look, limits the government, not you. It was set up this way on purpose.
Go ahead, quote it. You said that "unalienable rights" was in the Constitution . And yes, I know the Bill of Rights limits the government. You don't seem to understand that it was the "government" that limited itself. We needed the Bill of Rights because rights do come from the government .

Curious George

Veteran Member
Go ahead, quote it. You said that "unalienable rights" was in the Constitution . And yes, I know the Bill of Rights limits the government. You don't seem to understand that it was the "government" that limited itself. We needed the Bill of Rights because rights do come from the government .
This is incorrect. We need the bill of rights because a government can infringe upon rights. These rights were not thought to be granted by government. These rights were thought to be natural rights. This philosophy is very much embedded in the language of the constitution. There is not even a question regarding this. Certainly a government does grant some rights. Those are civil rights.