• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York, Portland, and Seattle declared "anarchist jurisdictions" by DOJ

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I believe in dharmaic laws, until then we need democracy.
I agree.

But the U.S. electorate doesn't elect the president. The president is appointed by state legislatures.
I understand why the Founding Fathers decided that. They expected the President to represent the state governments to foreign powers, not meddle in domestic affairs. But that was then, and this is now.

Think about this.
The top three election issues in 2016 were
Federal income tax.
Health care policy.
Immigration policy.

None of those issues even existed when George Washington was president. The Federal Government had no say in domestic policies like that. They just didn't exist. The States were sovereign over such things.
But that was then and this is now. A democratically elected executive branch would benefit the majority of Americans. It's opposed by the people who benefit from the tyranny of a minority.

Here's a national organization trying to democratize the USA.

National Popular Vote

Tom

MonkeyFire

I agree.

But the U.S. electorate doesn't elect the president. The president is appointed by state legislatures.
I understand why the Founding Fathers decided that. They expected the President to represent the state governments to foreign powers, not meddle in domestic affairs. But that was then, and this is now.

Think about this.
The top three election issues in 2016 were
Federal income tax.
Health care policy.
Immigration policy.

None of those issues even existed when George Washington was president. The Federal Government had no say in domestic policies like that. They just didn't exist. The States were sovereign over such things.
But that was then and this is now. A democratically elected executive branch would benefit the majority of Americans. It's opposed by the people who benefit from the tyranny of a minority.

Here's a national organization trying to democratize the USA.

National Popular Vote

Tom

And thus "great revolution" is born.

I like this statement:

Barr said in a statement accompanying the announcement: "We cannot allow federal tax dollars to be wasted when the safety of the citizenry hangs in the balance. It is my hope that the cities identified by the Department of Justice today will reverse course and become serious about performing the basic function of government and start protecting their own citizens."

I agree with this. With 200,000 Americans dead, we should defund the Trump administration until they become serious about performing the basic function of government and start protecting their own citizens.

Trump Tower?

I'm not a fan of big cities needing federal funds.
Why should the rest of us subsidize their lavish
ways when they don't pay enuf tax to cover'm?
Oh, did Trump pull all federal funds from all cities, including the ones that support him?

I thought he just did it to his political opponents in yet another Trump-First, America-second, swamp-monster decree by the Mad King.

Incidentally, I’m not a big fan of taxpayers effectively paying into his political campaign events and nepotism and personal businesses. Seems swampy to me.