• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Year

huajiro

How is your New Year going?

What is different from last year?

How are your resolutions coming along?

Linus

My new year is going well so far. It started off veeeeery rough, though. My long time girlfriend and I separated over Christmas break and it did not end very well. But now, I am doing great. I am back In Florida, away from her and all that drama, just lookin' for a date, which makes things quite different from last year about this time. But things are very good overall. Thanks for asking.

huajiro

Linus said:
My new year is going well so far. It started off veeeeery rough, though. My long time girlfriend and I separated over Christmas break and it did not end very well. But now, I am doing great. I am back In Florida, away from her and all that drama, just lookin' for a date, which makes things quite different from last year about this time. But things are very good overall. Thanks for asking.
Good luck on that....I went through something very similar myself with my wife, but we are working it out. I wish you all the best

Linus

Thanks. It has been kinda rough because I haven't dated in over four years. My girlfriend and I got together when we were a little young so I never really experienced the whole dating process. So I am a little nervous/excited to start it up. But thanks again and I most certainly wish you the best with your wife.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Linus said:
Thanks. It has been kinda rough because I haven't dated in over four years. My girlfriend and I got together when we were a little young so I never really experienced the whole dating process. So I am a little nervous/excited to start it up. But thanks again and I most certainly wish you the best with your wife.
Haven't dated in years? Let me give you some sound advice, Linus. No matter what else you do, don't dress up in a leather Santa outfit on the first date and invite her to "experience the ecstasy of the elven folk." It doesn't work. Trust me. I know from experience.

Linus

:biglaugh: thanks! I'll keep that advice in mind, I have more sense than that (at lest I like to think so). Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

huajiro

Linus said:
I went through that with a divorce from my first wife. I was with her 8 years, never even looked at another woman the whole time. Be very careful if you date....I became a male whore for about almost 3 years....it got real bad.

Circle_One

huajiro said:

How are your resolutions coming along?[/
Mine isn't going too bad, other than the fact that it's a hell of a lot more expensive than last year. Since the beginning of January, I've already paid off 1000$ on my credit card and still have another 800$ to pay off before I leave for Boston in 3 weeks. Then of course, I'll have a whole bunch more to pay off when I get back from Boston, lol.

I don't make resolutions. I'm happy with my life and I'm happy with myself, so I've got nothing I want to change, so no need for resolutions.

huajiro

Circle_One said:
huajiro said:

How are your resolutions coming along?[/
Mine isn't going too bad, other than the fact that it's a hell of a lot more expensive than last year. Since the beginning of January, I've already paid off 1000$ on my credit card and still have another 800$ to pay off before I leave for Boston in 3 weeks. Then of course, I'll have a whole bunch more to pay off when I get back from Boston, lol.

I don't make resolutions. I'm happy with my life and I'm happy with myself, so I've got nothing I want to change, so no need for resolutions.
Well, you have a lot of us beat. I have an addiction to having no addictions now. Any time I see something starts to control me, I swear it off for life. It is pretty cool.