• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New XBox / Playstation

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm going to make this thread in layman's terms:

A new Playstation and a new XBox console from a new generation of video gaming, may be released by the end of the year, if not delayed due to the coronavirus.

Specifications including the performance of each console have been posted online. The developers of the consoles are making claims each console is at least twice as powerful as the pre-existing console the XBox one X. I personally, see that as an optimistic figure and see each console as being 90 percent more powerful.

The new XBox, called XBox series X, has a slight advantage over the new Playstation, called Playstation 5, in the speed and power of producing graphics and displaying the result. It features the best solution for external (add-on) storage of the two systems, using special very fast cards for extra storage.

The Playstation 5 has a serious advantage in its internal storage system. This will cause games to load very, very fast and may help developers try to make up for a slight lack of speed the system has otherwise, compared to the XBox series X. Both systems have hard drives at least as fast as the very fastest NVMe PC hard drives available to consumers.

I tried to spec how much it would cost to build a PC as powerful as either system. My figure ended up 900 dollars or more. That being said, predictions of price for either system tend to fall around 500 dollars, with there being articles on the internet stating the Playstation 5 costs 470 dollars to make.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
20200407_114902.jpg

PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X: Comparing the specs

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'll only get one if they promise to quit remaking and rereleasing games from previous consoles, if they do away with loot chests as a gameplay mechanic, release fully finished games that don't require massive launch patches, do away with hand holding, up the difficulty, and making gaming again into something that is fun and actually worth doing. Also they really need a way to mute other players online, as a whole by checking a box. It's BS there is no straightforward way of doing this on the Playstation.

Milton Platt

A new Playstation and a new XBox console from a new generation of video gaming, may be released by the end of the year, if not delayed due to the coronavirus.

Specifications including the performance of each console have been posted online. The developers of the consoles are making claims each console is at least twice as powerful as the pre-existing console the XBox one X. I personally, see that as an optimistic figure and see each console as being 90 percent more powerful.

The new XBox, called XBox series X, has a slight advantage over the new Playstation, called Playstation 5, in the speed and power of producing graphics and displaying the result. It features the best solution for external (add-on) storage of the two systems, using special very fast cards for extra storage.

The Playstation 5 has a serious advantage in its internal storage system. This will cause games to load very, very fast and may help developers try to make up for a slight lack of speed the system has otherwise, compared to the XBox series X. Both systems have hard drives at least as fast as the very fastest NVMe PC hard drives available to consumers.

I tried to spec how much it would cost to build a PC as powerful as either system. My figure ended up 900 dollars or more. That being said, predictions of price for either system tend to fall around 500 dollars, with there being articles on the internet stating the Playstation 5 costs 470 dollars to make.

Although I'm a real light weight when it comes to gaming, I do play, but use my PC. But I spent waaaaaayyyyy over $900, probably triple that plus the monitor. I didn't need all that....I just like doing builds.

Watchmen

Premium Member

It’s no secret consoles themselves are loss leaders. The companies make money with the games, not the consoles.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm leaning toward the Playstation 5, myself. I'm mostly sold on just how fast games will load with the blazing-fast hard drive. I also see the Playstation 5 appearance to probably be panning out to be a traditional console like design. While I think the XBox series X is going to go with more of a mini-PC tower design. Word is that you might be able to tip the XBox series X on its side, but I still might prefer a traditional console like case on my unit, rather than a tall unit like the XBox series X with more height than width or depth.