• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New XBox gets price, release date

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Microsoft knows that it will never beat Sony when it comes to console sales so their strategy is very different. Microsoft is trying to move gaming beyond console ghettos, really. I was thinking of getting the Series X this year but I just got an Xbox One X so I don't feel the need to get a new console for awhile.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been Sony all the way through, and not thinking of changing now. Mostly, I have faith that the 'power difference' will be fairly unimpactful in terms of day to day use, and I just think they've proven over time they'll build a better library of games.
The backwards compatibility is useful in keeping customers, but does nothing in attracting new ones.

Selfishly I hope the very competitive price point drives the initial PS5 price down a little. We'll see.

None of this is to denigrate the new Microsoft console. It looks pretty interesting, to be honest.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've been Sony all the way through, and not thinking of changing now. Mostly, I have faith that the 'power difference' will be fairly unimpactful in terms of day to day use, and I just think they've proven over time they'll build a better library of games.
The backwards compatibility is useful in keeping customers, but does nothing in attracting new ones.

Selfishly I hope the very competitive price point drives the initial PS5 price down a little. We'll see.

None of this is to denigrate the new Microsoft console. It looks pretty interesting, to be honest.

The power difference is semi-imaginary. Basically in third party games, the XBox Series X "may" be 5-15% faster at best. But it makes for great marketing. But there really isn't a real power difference. The real difference is that third parties may be better designing for the XBox first for development reasons and it may result in a slight speed boost. With no difference in first party games if you could compare them across platforms.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
$499 for the standard product, $299 for a cutdown version.

Xbox Series X officially arrives November 10th for $499

I wonder how the new XBox will do with there being virtually no first party games at launch, and the marketing being geared at promoting the system having better backwards compatibility than the PS5, Game Pass, and trying to get people to see it as a more powerful console than the PS5?
Thats the weird part. All the hype on hardware, but not even a glimpse of the starting lineup of games.

I'm going to wait after release a few months and see all the issues pan out first. I cant help but to think, like so many games, they are going to release a buggy broken product thats just going to disappoint rather than entertain.

I'm not impressed until I see the games and the hardware actually works properly for any length of time.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'm ok with Xbox but the game library is abysmal with so much garbage indi fluff that has all but overwhelmed the AAA game market.

I think I'm staying with Sony as well for no other reason then for its VR capability which I absolutely love.

Microsoft Xbox is anal retentive over VR for some strange reason. Their loss I suppose.