• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

Is the New World Translation an accurate translation of the holy scriptures?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I'm not sure

• Never read it

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Who cares?!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (I'll post my response)

• Total voters

t3gah

Before anyone posts anything from the NWT they should read the License Agreement and the Copyright information. If you are copying and pasting from your Watchtower Library CD-ROM it's a "no no" to post any data from the CD to any Internet medium. Just an FYI. :162:

http://www.watchtower.org/bible/

iris89

Hi t3gah

Excellent series of post, the NWT is an excellent translation.

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Pah

Uber all member
I would suggest that Standards of Fair Use still apply - regardless of the wording that is used to prohibit such

Bob

t3gah

Romans 13:1
Let every soul be in subjection to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those who be are ordained by God.

[size=-1]Romans 13:2
Therefore he who resists the authority, withstands the ordinance of God; and those who withstand will receive to themselves judgment.

[size=-1]Romans 13:3
For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. Do you desire to have no fear of the authority? Do that which is good, and you will have praise from the same,

[size=-1]Romans 13:4
for he is a servant of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid, for he doesn't bear the sword in vain; for he is a minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him who does evil.

[size=-1]Romans 13:5
Therefore you need to be in subjection, not only because of the wrath, but also for conscience' sake.

[/size][/size][/size][/size]World English Bible

(http://unbound.biola.edu)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Based on what standard? Opinion? Textual criticism? Tea leaves?

Furthermore, translation of what source (vorlage)? And what is the basis for using that source over an alternative?