• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New website launched documenting persecution of Baha'is:

arthra

Baha'i
GENEVA—18 January 2018—In response to growing interest on the persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran, a website was launched today by the Bahá’í International Community providing a glimpse into several decades of discriminatory treatment against the Bahá’ís in that country. The website, named Archives of Bahá’í Persecution in Iran (iranbahaipersecution.bic.org), makes available, for the first time, thousands of official documents, reports, testimonials, and audio-visual material, revealing documentary evidence of years of relentless oppression.

Archives Chronicle Decades of Baha'i Persecution in Iran - Iran Press Watch

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
That is sad. About 20 years ago I heard Confuscians were the most persecuted group or that they were the most economically exploited. Today it is Christianity.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
It is sad. People should be able to believe in any religion they want (or none,) as long as they don't persecute others for believing differently.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
That is sad. About 20 years ago I heard Confuscians were the most persecuted group or that they were the most economically exploited. Today it is Christianity.

I lived in China from 1998 to 2006 and found that Confuscians were not remotely persecuted in any way. The fact is he has been very much revered as a philosopher. Though he wrote very little himself if anything at all, but compiled and collected the literature treasures of China. Where did you hear this?

In fact I studied the collections of the writings when I lived in China and re-translated some of the ancient poetry he compiled from different sources. My specialty was ancient poetry written by women, and the oldest known woman's literature in the world.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
GENEVA—18 January 2018—In response to growing interest on the persecution of the Bahá’ís of Iran, a website was launched today by the Bahá’í International Community providing a glimpse into several decades of discriminatory treatment against the Bahá’ís in that country. The website, named Archives of Bahá’í Persecution in Iran (iranbahaipersecution.bic.org), makes available, for the first time, thousands of official documents, reports, testimonials, and audio-visual material, revealing documentary evidence of years of relentless oppression.

Archives Chronicle Decades of Baha'i Persecution in Iran - Iran Press Watch

Thank you for the reference!

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Where did I hear that? That is a good question I think I learned it in School. Go figure. But Google seems pretty serious that Christianity is the most shrinking and persecuted now.

I think what happened was that I heard Confucians had the lowest wages so I just figured that meant they were persecuted.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Where did I hear that? That is a good question I think I learned it in School. Go figure. But Google seems pretty serious that Christianity is the most shrinking and persecuted now.

I believe it is the smaller religious minorities in recent years that are the most persecuted like the Baha'is and Yazidis. Jews and Christians are also persecuted in Islamic countries, but they have greater worldwide support. Historically the Jews have been far more persecuted than Christians,

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I believe it is the smaller religious minorities in recent years that are the most persecuted like the Baha'is and Yazidis. Jews and Christians are also persecuted in Islamic countries, but they have greater worldwide support. Historically the Jews have been far more persecuted than Christians,
I believe you. Also I didn't mean to belittle the persecution of Bahai's.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Tony Bristow-Stagg/quote said:
Ingledsva said:
It is sad. People should be able to believe in any religion they want (or none,) as long as they don't persecute others for believing differently.

Tony Bristow-Stagg/quote said:

Why is that funny?

All people have the right to believe in religion, or not.

But they do not have the right toss normal human rights, to force those beliefs on others.

Muslims don't have the right to treat women the way they do, or to kill gay people.

Christians don't have the right to force their religious law on humanity, or stop a woman's right to her own body, etc.

Both have a right to THINK those things. But human rights outweigh their acting on them.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe you. Also I didn't mean to belittle the persecution of Bahai's.

An example of the clout and support for persecuted Christians. When Turkey accused a Christian priest and others for espionage and conspiracy of rebellion the USA imposed tariffs and puts all its resources to get them released:

Turkish courts free prisoners but reject US pastor's appeal - CNN

No such extreme actions were taken for the benefit of Baha'i and other minorities persecuted in the Middle East.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member