• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New vote count in Wisconsin and Michigan?

Lighthouse

It smells more like a last ditch attempt to rescue a Hillary presidency.
This is certainly her right, but it still strikes me as odd, given her Hillarygenic fear of war.

Two options in my opinion, or both combined.

1) The Green Party uses excess funds for its party which Wisconsin officials said would be used with extra money, and in which Jill I believe stated she couldn't guarantee that all of the money would be used for recount.
2) It was induced by the Clinton camp and a way to keep their name off of it, but rather have the Green Party name used for it.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

There is always the possibility that Stein is actually concerned about preserving the intergrity of our democratic processes. Her requesting the recounts certainly brings the Green Party into the public eye as an alternative to our current bifurcated view of political parties.

Can see that, her side of the bargain is that it is a good ploy to bring awareness to the Green Party for future use, as well as raising excess millions for Green Party use.

Parchment

I'd like to see an itemized bill after it is all over with so all those donors find out where their money went.

freethinker44

So, should we have a recount in every State because the polls got it wrong?
Yes, I think we should.
I think a recount should be automatic for all states for a number of reasons, one of which is if the popular vote winner isn't the election winner.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Anyway, I specifically said that the video addressed my claim that it's odd
that Stein would support a recount which could install Hillary as prez.
I'll say this again if need be.
The is another reason to do this (again, not reading Jill Stein's mind). If there was something wrong with this election (not saying there was) it would be useful to know it so that it can be prevented from happening again. If there is something wrong and it goes unnoticed it is virtually guaranteed to happen again, and probably a little worse each time. If you want to prevent corruption and ensure fair honest elections, sometimes you have to recount.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Two options in my opinion, or both combined.

1) The Green Party uses excess funds for its party which Wisconsin officials said would be used with extra money, and in which Jill I believe stated she couldn't guarantee that all of the money would be used for recount.
2) It was induced by the Clinton camp and a way to keep their name off of it, but rather have the Green Party name used for it.
This makes more sense than attributing the efforts to Stein.

Lighthouse

The is another reason to do this (again, not reading Jill Stein's mind). If there was something wrong with this election (not saying there was) it would be useful to know it so that it can be prevented from happening again. If there is something wrong and it goes unnoticed it is virtually guaranteed to happen again, and probably a little worse each time. If you want to prevent corruption and ensure fair honest elections, sometimes you have to recount.

Do you now believe in the possibility for rigging?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Is there any plan to audit states where Hillary won by a small margin, eg, MN.
Or only states where a recount could benefit her?

Lighthouse

Sure it is. Not that she would do it for the betterment of democracy but must have some ulterior motive.

And what would happen if for some strange reasoning the states all flipped or if they were off by a few thousand.... it would not be good. 1) People would lose even more trust in the voting process. 2) The government routinely assures its accuracy and safety. 3) This country would become greatly further from democracy than it already is.

That's addressing something else, I'm not sure how you can create words for me then tell me I'm being cynical. Strange. I said that I can see that. If you wish an ulterior motive upon me, can't stop ya.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Is there any plan to audit states where Hillary won by a small margin, eg, MN.
Or only states where a recount could benefit her?
It's up to the campaigns to make that call. Trumps campaign may not have thought to call those rigged.

idav

Being
Premium Member
And what would happen if for some strange reasoning the states all flipped or if they were off by a few thousand.... it would not be good. 1) People would lose even more trust in the voting process. 2) The government routinely assures its accuracy and safety. 3) This country would become greatly further from democracy than it already is.

That's addressing something else, I'm not sure how you can create words for me then tell me I'm being cynical. Strange. I said that I can see that. If you wish an ulterior motive upon me, can't stop ya.
Yes can be some worries about election processes. Some might say just go to manual counting and paper ballots lol.

No that you were suggesting Steins ulterior motives, even so she may be doing it for the betterment of democracy.