• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New user

obry

Hi everybody, I'm from Italy and have been following this forum for some time.

Been raised as a Catholic, came to declare myself "atheist" at the age of 15, but then I came back two years ago to believe and being part of the Catholic Church.

Involved in the local parish and oratory, I'm a very curious person and read a lot about religion.

My favourite topic is the mormon faith and theology.

obry

Thanks @Terese and @Laika, I hope I'll do, although I feel a bit "shy" when I am new in a forum [emoji56]

Also, I'm not an English mothertongue but I hope this don't generate any misunderstanding while posting and discussing.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks @Terese and @Laika, I hope I'll do, although I feel a bit "shy" when I am new in a forum [emoji56]

Also, I'm not an English mothertongue but I hope this don't generate any misunderstanding while posting and discussing.
No worries! :D

obry

Thanks for your warm welcome.
Have been reading some thread and I think this forum will give me the chance to talk about religious and doctrinal topics it's not easy to talk about in my everyday life.
Plus, I'd like to tell the story of how I came close again with my faith after years spent far from the Church, and about my involvement with the parish, as a catechist (I have a 7 y. old kids class together with my best friend) and an educator at the oratory.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Greetings obry!
Welcome to RF.
Been raised as a Catholic, came to declare myself "atheist" at the age of 15, but then I came back two years ago to believe and being part of the Catholic Church.
I can relate to that. I was raised very Catholic. By the time I was 15 I was a complete atheist. I didn't believe what the Church did, so I thought I had to be an atheist. I couldn't be a Protestant because then I would go to Hell :)
Tom

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hello, Obry! And welcome (from a Mormon :) ) to our forum. Where in Italy are you from? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Italy, and have visited there several times. As a matter of fact, my favorite city in the entire world is Venecia!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
You're always welcome back in atheistan.
Now, let's all have breakfast....
31a89f5e766585c9b97f957689cd6704.jpg

obry

@Revoltingest: well, this is corruption [emoji4][emoji56]

@Katzpur: my passion for mormonism may seem strange to most, but I find your culture fascinating and intriguing.
I've been a huge "fan" of LDS (I mean, as a subject for readings etc) for some years now and last year, being there for a holyday, my girlfriend and I came to meet a very nice and polite elder in London. Been talking about their practice and life as a community (there was a basketball court in the Church building!) and it is something Catholics where I live are looking to revive. The oratory etc, following Don Bosco's tradition etc.

I'm from Sardinia, by the way, although I've lived in Tuscany some years ago.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
@Revoltingest: well, this is corruption [emoji4][emoji56]

@Katzpur: my passion for mormonism may seem strange to most, but I find your culture fascinating and intriguing.
I've been a huge "fan" of LDS (I mean, as a subject for readings etc) for some years now and last year, being there for a holyday, my girlfriend and I came to meet a very nice and polite elder in London. Been talking about their practice and life as a community (there was a basketball court in the Church building!) and it is something Catholics where I live are looking to revive. The oratory etc, following Don Bosco's tradition etc.

I'm from Sardinia, by the way, although I've lived in Tuscany some years ago.
It's not corruption.
It's materially guided inducement!