• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New to this site hi

Marajade

Hi I'm new here.. Was raised Christian but I'm not sure if I'm Christian or maybe wiccan ..i believe in way by up holding Christian manners like don't steel ,forgive , don't cuss well I try my best on last one these just example what I mean. But when I comes to other people talking about god an Jesus how it is all sinners or non believers will go to hell am halaluya thank you Jesus your in control.. Makes me uncomfortable like its pushed on me an got to except it. I have gifts that I'm not sure is Christian, grand parents say it's the devil talking but I am empathic I can feel others emotion I can tell when my husband is going to call or what he's eating out no wer i taste a food I txt him an he was eating that food I'm 40miles away driving ride share yet I know.i also have dreams visions of future if I concentrate hard enough on something I really want I c it in a dream of wer to find an it's there. My family is creeped out by me. An my gifts r growing ..i probly sound crazy but they have seen it first hand I try to hide that side of me but it comes out. .is this the devil talking am I Christian or am i Wicca? I've Ben like this since childhood im researching to find my place Im not evil I'm a good mellow person who helps people an animals whenever I can an love my husband with my hole heart. I always believed there are higher powers "gods" but I believe more in mother earth I can since energy on the breeze the grass trees I'm most peaceful an happy when I'm in nature.im not sure if I believe in spells but do the energy of life an spirits. I tried tranfering my calm energy to a hyper dog he calmed down quick an yawned. .I did try heeling with crystal put my positive energy an the want to feel better an I did I just want understand this side of me more an control it I'm happy when I don't turn it off only way for me not to since is if I stay tired anxious scared. Am I betraying god by having the talents of are they from him? My husband is worried about me looking into other religions he thinks I'm leaving him I'm not an never will.he has seen my weird side to he is use to it in a way if it happens it happens don't take it further. Hhh I don't no hopefully on this site I can figure out where I belong.sorry for long story an mispelled words I did best I can. I'm a shy person took me awhile to come out with this. I'm afraid of others hating me because I don't believe it feel the same way as them.. .It's a free country believe worship live the way you want is how I see things don't matter to me if someone is Christian catholic Buddhist Wicca wich ever we all same seeking happiness a meaning to life.

Jumi

Welcome to RF. I want to point out that the "Christian manners" you mention aren't that unique, but more universal.

Marajade

Thank you for that insight. So I might not be Christian at all .i haven't Ben to church but get lectures from others in what I should believe an it don't feel right. I think I no the answer already I'm just seeking more info the closer I get to my true self the better I feel.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Hi I'm new here.. Was raised Christian but I'm not sure if I'm Christian or maybe wiccan ..i believe in way by up holding Christian manners like don't steel ,forgive , don't cuss well I try my best on last one these just example what I mean. But when I comes to other people talking about god an Jesus how it is all sinners or non believers will go to hell am halaluya thank you Jesus your in control.. Makes me uncomfortable like its pushed on me an got to except it. I have gifts that I'm not sure is Christian, grand parents say it's the devil talking but I am empathic I can feel others emotion I can tell when my husband is going to call or what he's eating out no wer i taste a food I txt him an he was eating that food I'm 40miles away driving ride share yet I know.i also have dreams visions of future if I concentrate hard enough on something I really want I c it in a dream of wer to find an it's there. My family is creeped out by me. An my gifts r growing ..i probly sound crazy but they have seen it first hand I try to hide that side of me but it comes out. .is this the devil talking am I Christian or am i Wicca? I've Ben like this since childhood im researching to find my place Im not evil I'm a good mellow person who helps people an animals whenever I can an love my husband with my hole heart. I always believed there are higher powers "gods" but I believe more in mother earth I can since energy on the breeze the grass trees I'm most peaceful an happy when I'm in nature.im not sure if I believe in spells but do the energy of life an spirits. I tried tranfering my calm energy to a hyper dog he calmed down quick an yawned. .I did try heeling with crystal put my positive energy an the want to feel better an I did I just want understand this side of me more an control it I'm happy when I don't turn it off only way for me not to since is if I stay tired anxious scared. Am I betraying god by having the talents of are they from him? My husband is worried about me looking into other religions he thinks I'm leaving him I'm not an never will.he has seen my weird side to he is use to it in a way if it happens it happens don't take it further. Hhh I don't no hopefully on this site I can figure out where I belong.sorry for long story an mispelled words I did best I can. I'm a shy person took me awhile to come out with this. I'm afraid of others hating me because I don't believe it feel the same way as them.. .It's a free country believe worship live the way you want is how I see things don't matter to me if someone is Christian catholic Buddhist Wicca wich ever we all same seeking happiness a meaning to life.

sign0016.gif
That was quite an introduction....so good to be up front right from the beginning. You seem like a very nice person.

I hope you find your feet spiritually. I personally hate the whole shaming people into Christianity thing myself. Threatening "hell" is something that only instills fear not love. Jesus never did that. He offered people his message and allowed them to make up their own minds about things. Our relationship with God is personal. We can hear people out...take their input on board, but ultimately we can make our own decisions about what we will believe.

Nothing wrong with loving mother earth either....nature is after all God's creation and his gift to us I believe.
And animals can read a lot more about us than just how we smell.
confused0060.gif
Dogs are companion animals so I think they pick up on our moods and feelings as well.

As for your 'talents'....its a difficult thing to pin down actually. My grandmother was able to tune into people too. Sometimes I think intuition is perhaps a gift we have lost, especially us women. I am tuned in to my kids. I will think of them and the next thing the phone rings. When my husband was very ill in hospital, we had been told to go home and rest, but early the next morning my daughter rang me and said she had to be with her Dad. I met her at the hospital and we walked into his room together and held his hand as he took his last breaths. How can anyone put a label on these things?

I know that God has power but I know the devil does too and he is a deceiver.....we have to figure out where the line is I guess. Some people are just more tuned in than others. We just have to be careful that the devil doesn't try to take advantage of us.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Jumi

Thank you for that insight. So I might not be Christian at all .i haven't Ben to church but get lectures from others in what I should believe an it don't feel right. I think I no the answer already I'm just seeking more info the closer I get to my true self the better I feel.
There are different types of Christianity and Christians of course. Some are not as judging as the Christians you are familiar with. For example in my country there are female priests, and bishop and there was a transsexual priest. Of course there are some who are like the ones you describe.

Regarding those dream talents, have you read about lucid dreaming? Sometimes dreams can bring out something from our unconscious, there's a common saying where I'm from that when there's a problem, sleep over it. In the morning you might have the solution and a clear mind from the worries of evening. It's letting your mind do it's work freely.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Welcome, you seem very caring and sweet! I appreciate your candid and open post.

Hope we can talk more, later. Sounds like you have a great, understanding husband...that's fantastic!

RedhorseWoman

Your "weird" side is, I think, something that all humans possess to one degree or another. Unfortunately, those who possess such abilities to a greater degree than most are often made to feel as if they are somehow doing something evil by those who are not as, shall we say, gifted in this regard.

Your "calming energy" sounds very much like a sort of Reiki, which is a healing technique wherein the practitioner channels their energy into a patient in order to promote healing. Animals seem to be very receptive to this sort of energy work, and there are those who have learned to harness their healing energy to a great degree in order to help others. I've been able to do a bit of this myself, although nowhere near as strongly as you seem to be able to do it.

It's just there and it's not evil or weird...it's something very special.