• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new to RF

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
this will be short, current, and i hope beautiful

i was shopping for books today, just as an "oh by the way" cause i happened to be at an outlet mall in troutdale, OR, and there's a discount book store there.

i was looking for a few books on islam and anything by mehar baba.

they didn't have anything on my "pre-approved" intro to islam book list, and nothing by mehar baba... but i picked up these 3 books instead...

book of joy, buddhist scriptures, essence of vedanta

i started with the book of joy...

it's about His Holiness the Dalai Lama, ArchBishop Desmond Tutu. 2 friends, 2 exiles. the book is written by Douglas Abrams.

in the introduction, page x. i discovered a tiny channukah present for me. may i share it with you? pretty please?

page x

"
Every day is a new opportunity to begin again. Every day is your birthday. May this book be a blessing for all sentient beings, for all of God's children --- including you.
"

with much love and great respect,

to me, to all my friends, to my brothers and sisters, and all my family where ever you are,

happy channukah,

-DF-

essence.jpg
scriptures.jpg
bookofjoy.jpg

hug.jpg