• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new to RF

DustyFeet

पैर है| outlaw kosher care-bear | Tribe of Dan
Hi, I'm dusty. looking for some interesting reading. not wanting to preach to anyone. just want to ease my own mind. maybe do some writing of my own one day.

Psalm 39 "... i made myself dumb in silence; i was silent from good although my pain was intense. my heart is hot within me; in my thoughts fire burns ... "

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Peace and welcome. I hope you have a productive time here.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Hi, I'm dusty. looking for some interesting reading. not wanting to preach to anyone. just want to ease my own mind. maybe do some writing of my own one day.

Psalm 39 "... i made myself dumb in silence; i was silent from good although my pain was intense. my heart is hot within me; in my thoughts fire burns ... "
Good to meet you, Dusty.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Have some treats dusted with sugar & cinnamon.
donuts-7944.jpg

DustyFeet

here you go... in response to my posts on intermarriage

[GALLERY=media, 8713][/GALLERY]

DustyFeet

my goals:

goals for RF:

add jewish sources to the debate
promote inclusion as a legitimate jewish ideal
correct negative stereotypes about jewish people
encourage spiritual people who may feel left out
reach out to Muslims and Palestinians
learn about others: the words they use, their point of view
identify passages in the Torah which are used by critics, find ways to defend these passages
demonstrate a kabbalistic approach to Torah, mitzvot, halacha, and life in the modern world
try not to preach or lecture, try...

Last edited:

DustyFeet

highest order multi-lifetime spiritual goals as a jew. in order:

1) jewish unity
2) establishment of a permanent dwelling(s) for the shechinah here in the material world
3) to be a blessing to all the other nations

DustyFeet

my view on cults:

each cult, each person, case-by-case evaluation

DustyFeet

my view on Jesus and any other God:

they don't have to be my God to be your God. we can both be right. each person experiences their own reality. i can only say what's "true" for me.

DustyFeet

my view on halacha:

we can not enforce "who", we can only enforce "what"

DustyFeet

writing style:

i like to ask questions, and listen to the response. I try not to criticize or comment on the answer. I reserve to right to ask follow-up questions.

i like to reply to the OP with a flat conclusive statement or with a provocative question. i'm not being rude. i don't want to assume anyone cares about my position. and so, less words is better for me at first. if there is interest i will elaborate. otherwise i will try not to interrupt unless i feel the debate has shifted or something important is being overlooked.

i type in lower-case and go back to capitalize if it's important for respect of another person's beliefs. but i am not consistent.

when speaking to someone of different beliefs, i try to use the words they use. that doesn't mean i agree with them.

when speaking to other jews i use the words I believe demonstrate my position not the words they like to use. yes, i'm harder on my own people.

is it an ambush? no, it's a honeypot.

Last edited:

DustyFeet

would it be OK with me if my children chose to marry a super-duper-orthodox anyone?
i trust my kids, i'd give them a chance

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
would it be OK with me if my children chose to marry a super-duper-orthodox anyone?
i trust my kids, i'd give them a chance
If your aim is Jewish Unity, then you are destroying it by allowing intermarriage.

DustyFeet

my bias:

i believe the Torah came before the material world; the writing on it is "Holy". i believe all humans are similar spiritually, because we are literally from ruach hakodesh. i believe kaballah is a framework that accuratley describes everyone and everything. And i have found it useful in jewish learing, jewish ritual, and life in the modern world for anyone.

edit: please note this message is not a reply to rival.
another edit: replace "kaballah" with "the sefirot described in jewish mysticism" sorry the word "kaballah" has been overused and is essentially meaningless, i'm still learning

Last edited: