• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Testament - can someone help please

Magus

To make their point, which is not to record an accurate chronology, but to answer the question of who Jesus is/was in relation to faith. That is the purpose of writing the Gospels, so that 'you may have faith', they are testimonies in faith.

It serves that Christological purpose, which answers the question from what point was Jesus understood as the Son of God. Mk portrays Jesus God' son at his baptism, Mt and Lk it is at birth, John, is pre existent.

So Mark had no knowledge of the demigod birth story of Jesus and begins his narrative in Galilee
cross a border river, descend along the sea, enter Corfinium, sieges it and expels the enemies.

Pretty obvious what the retarded authors of Luke and Matthew were trying to disguise.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
^ I don't understand the math here. "[O]ver 1/2 century" from when to when?
In the CC, it started under Constantine in the mid-4th century but wasn't concluded until the 5th. However, there were other canons used by other groups and, therefore, there was confusion along the lines of which books should be used and which should be considered "heretical".

Even though Constantine wasn't a theologian by any stretch of the imagination, he ordered bishops to come up with an agreed upon canon, and their choice became used by all churches after a while even though the Apocrypha was put in a "limbo" state because the bishops couldn't agree with whether they should be included.

pearl

So Mark had no knowledge of the demigod birth story of Jesus and begins his narrative in Galilee

The earliest NT writing is Paul who hands on only that 'Jesus was born of a woman'.

Pretty obvious what the retarded authors of Luke and Matthew were trying to disguise.

The only 'ulterior' motive for the birth stories may have been to counter the charge of illegitimacy. The nativity stories are symbolic with almost every detail pointing to something greater than itself.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sane thing that caused Mohammed to do it again with the new improved koran

I have no knowledge of Mohamed writing anything. That is why in the Hadiths there are so many who claim that Mohammed said something.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Could you list the Scripture in existence when the verses in Red were written? We know it would include the various Torahs in circulation, but what else?

I don't believe it makes any difference. What God considers scripture is scripture and inspired.

Repox

Truth Seeker
What motivating factors were there to write down and bring together an accepted, true version of what took place in New Testament times?

Based on research, here is some of what I have discovered about the NT gospels. The NT gospels are more rumor and oral traditions than the real story about Jesus. Mostly, because they were written long after Jesus was dead (65 to 110 C.E.), we don't have the real story.

Just because the Christian community believes the NT gospels doesn't mean they are accurate. Here are some important references. The Missing Gospels by Darrell L. Bock, PH.D., The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack. The book by Mack is the most important. Using a brilliant analysis supported by the world's foremost biblical scholars, Mack traces the time line for the Jesus movement, documenting when Jesus movement leaders changed the Jesus narrative from Jesus a wise man to Jesus the son of God. If you reject his analysis, you must present a cogent argument.

There is no historical evidence for Joseph and Mary. What you find are what early church leaders wrote without historic affirmation. They, like NT authors, made up stories. Again, if you do serious research, you'll find prior gospels conflicting with NT gospels. Mostly, you don't find Jesus stories (narratives) in prior gospels.

Everyone should read Jesus Before The Gospels by Bart D. Ehrman. It explains how the four gospels evolved, from rumors and storytelling to gospel writing. None of the gospel authors were eyewitnesses, knew eyewitnesses, where Jewish, lived near Galilee where Jesus preached, spoke Hebrew, wrote Hebrew, or had known a follower of Jesus. Yet, they wrote as if they knew Jesus and all of his disciples. Ehrman's book is an excellent presentation of academic studies from psychology, anthropology, and sociology about memory, nature of group memories, and oral traditions. The four gospels were written (first by Mark and ending with John) from about 65 to 110 C.E. by men who gathered information from earlier gospels, rumors, oral traditions, and local Christian groups, not from eyewitnesses or other firsthand sources. By the time stories got to them, facts, and, most notably, narratives about Jesus had changed in so many different ways as to seriously question the real story about Jesus.

Last edited:

Silverscale derg

Based on research, here is some of what I have discovered about the NT gospels.

Just because the Christian community believes the NT gospels doesn't mean they are accurate. Here are some important references. The Missing Gospels by Darrell L. Bock, PH.D., The Lost Gospel Q by Burton L. Mack. The book by Mack is the most important. Using a brilliant analysis supported by the world's foremost biblical scholars, Mack traces the time line for the Jesus movement, documenting when Jesus movement leaders changed the Jesus narrative from Jesus a wise man to Jesus the son of God. If you reject his analysis, you must present a cogent argument.

There is no historical evidence for Joseph and Mary. What you find are what early church leaders wrote without historic affirmation. They, like NT authors, made up stories. Again, if you do serious research, you'll find prior gospels conflicting with NT gospels. Mostly, you don't find Jesus stories (narratives) in prior gospels.

Everyone should read Jesus Before The Gospels by Bart D. Ehrman. It explains how the four gospels evolved, from rumors and storytelling to gospel writing. None of the gospel authors were eyewitnesses, knew eyewitnesses, where Jewish, lived near Galilee where Jesus preached, spoke Hebrew, wrote Hebrew, or had known a follower of Jesus. Yet, they wrote as if they knew Jesus and all of his disciples. Ehrman's book is an excellent presentation of academic studies from psychology, anthropology, and sociology about memory, nature of group memories, and oral traditions. The four gospels were written (first by Mark and ending with John) from about 65 to 110 C.E. by men who gathered information from earlier gospels, rumors, oral traditions, and local Christian groups, not from eyewitnesses or other firsthand sources. By the time stories got to them, facts, and, most notably, narratives about Jesus had changed in so many different ways as to seriously question the real story about Jesus.

It's a book...it was put here as propaganda for you mortals. You humans are heavily invasive because you were put here in a world not supported for your type. Yes my kind has bloodlust but we keep it out of control...pan to humans, a species killing countless creatures not for food but for fun. Coyotes are seen as target practice yet it's a life taken, iguanas are also seen in that way. Wolves are shot relentlessly too. Arial hunting in Alaska as well as modern hunting in the 48 states of the US because they have been put back into the population but oh wait they are "canadian" wolves. Sure they may say sorry more than the natives wolves which for your information were killed off. Short version is don't look too far into propaganda

Repox

Truth Seeker
It's a book...it was put here as propaganda for you mortals. You humans are heavily invasive because you were put here in a world not supported for your type. Yes my kind has bloodlust but we keep it out of control...pan to humans, a species killing countless creatures not for food but for fun. Coyotes are seen as target practice yet it's a life taken, iguanas are also seen in that way. Wolves are shot relentlessly too. Arial hunting in Alaska as well as modern hunting in the 48 states of the US because they have been put back into the population but oh wait they are "canadian" wolves. Sure they may say sorry more than the natives wolves which for your information were killed off. Short version is don't look too far into propaganda
I don't follow your animal kingdom analogy. It doesn't relate to my posting. The Bible was written by men because of God's intervention in human affairs. I don't regard it as propaganda. You don't have to believe it, but is not propaganda. Have a nice day.

Silverscale derg

I don't follow your animal kingdom analogy. It doesn't relate to my posting. The Bible was written by men because of God's intervention in human affairs. I don't regard it as propaganda. You don't have to believe it, but is not propaganda. Have a nice day.

Humans were here unnaturally. This earth isn't supportive of such a species like humans as can be told by other creatures and the double standards humans have. Come on don't just quit now. What happened to the days of debate? You know dragons love debate

Muffled

Jesus in me
a bull excuse for them to ignore the bad parts. Oh slavery... "that was in the old testament" for every issue.

I believe there are two types of slavery: voluntary and involuntary. Christianity is voluntary slavery but Africans were enslaved involuntarily and God is against that.

Silverscale derg

I believe there are two types of slavery: voluntary and involuntary. Christianity is voluntary slavery but Africans were enslaved involuntarily and God is against that.

Whatever you want to think, it's still wrong. Sure I have humans as pets but humans have our kin as pets. "god" is just as likely to enslave...oh wait he already did. Next thing you know you'll be saying he's against killing and to that I say the flood...and religious in the way of non earth worshiping path, hunters kill wolves because they have eaten sheep sometimes, they kill coyotes too for the same reason and any sane person would see it as a crime to needlessly slaughter or as they like to call it "cull" them. I have yet to see a wolf of coyote hunter eat their kill. They kill for sport and maybe take the fur or cut off the head and nail it to a wall. You humans call my kind monsters but who is the real monster? Those who slaughter millions of not only their own species but every other species as well all mostly in the name of "sport" or for humans killing humans it's called war. Those hunters sure do like to milk the "god put all the creatures on earth for us" crap yet the truth is we dragons make the life and earth...and the universe yet "god" only made the humans...or are we dragons the monsters? Yes we kill, our diet contains insects, vegetables and once a month a large warm blooded animal but it's done respectfully and the entire creature gets eaten. We're peaceful and unless confronted we won't attack...confronted as in humans running at us with weapons drawn.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Whatever you want to think, it's still wrong. Sure I have humans as pets but humans have our kin as pets. "god" is just as likely to enslave...oh wait he already did. Next thing you know you'll be saying he's against killing and to that I say the flood...and religious in the way of non earth worshiping path, hunters kill wolves because they have eaten sheep sometimes, they kill coyotes too for the same reason and any sane person would see it as a crime to needlessly slaughter or as they like to call it "cull" them. I have yet to see a wolf of coyote hunter eat their kill. They kill for sport and maybe take the fur or cut off the head and nail it to a wall. You humans call my kind monsters but who is the real monster? Those who slaughter millions of not only their own species but every other species as well all mostly in the name of "sport" or for humans killing humans it's called war. Those hunters sure do like to milk the "god put all the creatures on earth for us" crap yet the truth is we dragons make the life and earth...and the universe yet "god" only made the humans...or are we dragons the monsters? Yes we kill, our diet contains insects, vegetables and once a month a large warm blooded animal but it's done respectfully and the entire creature gets eaten. We're peaceful and unless confronted we won't attack...confronted as in humans running at us with weapons drawn.

I believe that is a debate killer.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Humans were here unnaturally. This earth isn't supportive of such a species like humans as can be told by other creatures and the double standards humans have. Come on don't just quit now. What happened to the days of debate? You know dragons love debate

Assuming we play by the rules of logic, I'll debate. Humans were not unnatural, they are one of thousands, or maybe millions of species. You might say they are entirely different than other species due to symbolic communication skills, but technically, they are a species. I agree humans have devastated our planet. I should mention a dream I've had on about the topic. I was in a large pit digging filthy garbage. Suddenly, all around me I could see underground on all continents dinosaur bones. A voice said, "humans have desecrated my holy grave." That pretty well sums of what God thinks about humans.

As for the Bible, God came into the world to intervene in human affairs, but it hasn't worked out.

Silverscale derg

Assuming we play by the rules of logic, I'll debate. Humans were not unnatural, they are one of thousands, or maybe millions of species. You might say they are entirely different than other species due to symbolic communication skills, but technically, they are a species. I agree humans have devastated our planet. I should mention a dream I've had on about the topic. I was in a large pit digging filthy garbage. Suddenly, all around me I could see underground on all continents dinosaur bones. A voice said, "humans have desecrated my holy grave." That pretty well sums of what God thinks about humans.

As for the Bible, God came into the world to intervene in human affairs, but it hasn't worked out.

I'm glad you'll debate instead of reporting me like some have done. To me you got you're incorrect in stating "god" tried to intervene. That "god" I say in quotes because he isn't considered a god to me being that he isn't ethical. Those who followed him killed pagans which worship the earth and many gods which non say that they're all knowing or all powerful but instead say for them to be called on for what their job is. Call upon the god of the hunt for your successful hunts for instance. The church have killed many of them as well as took their holidays to make such a conversion not upset all of them. Literally all holidays they have are based on pagan origins. On that note the same people did the witch hunts. The true five dragon gods, one of fire, earth, air, water, and spirit made the world in billions of years slowly through controlled chaos, controlled as in given structure. Predator always had prey, prey always had predator but even as the predator they won't be able to always kill the prey, it's a matter of how witty either of them is as an individual. Humans are the only ones who have graves, it's an honor for death to feed someone. I myself have been killed a few times but they were humans who killed me out of cowardly actions. Sure call it "brave" all you want but to kill a creature of peace especially during sleep and with a strike to the heart is painful. It takes 7 seconds to bleed out from a heart strike and that is quite painful. I would be able to handle the pain if they killed me for food instead of just to take my head, I think i'm ranting again. Anyways I want to hear back

Repox

Truth Seeker
I'm glad you'll debate instead of reporting me like some have done. To me you got you're incorrect in stating "god" tried to intervene. That "god" I say in quotes because he isn't considered a god to me being that he isn't ethical. Those who followed him killed pagans which worship the earth and many gods which non say that they're all knowing or all powerful but instead say for them to be called on for what their job is. Call upon the god of the hunt for your successful hunts for instance. The church have killed many of them as well as took their holidays to make such a conversion not upset all of them. Literally all holidays they have are based on pagan origins. On that note the same people did the witch hunts. The true five dragon gods, one of fire, earth, air, water, and spirit made the world in billions of years slowly through controlled chaos, controlled as in given structure. Predator always had prey, prey always had predator but even as the predator they won't be able to always kill the prey, it's a matter of how witty either of them is as an individual. Humans are the only ones who have graves, it's an honor for death to feed someone. I myself have been killed a few times but they were humans who killed me out of cowardly actions. Sure call it "brave" all you want but to kill a creature of peace especially during sleep and with a strike to the heart is painful. It takes 7 seconds to bleed out from a heart strike and that is quite painful. I would be able to handle the pain if they killed me for food instead of just to take my head, I think i'm ranting again. Anyways I want to hear back

Much of what you say I can't relate to. I will just add content to my posting. I had another dream in which angels were telling God about a new species on earth dominating the other specie. God was not pleased and decided to intervene. His purpose was to bring a holy order on earth. His chose Jews and attempted to bring a new order to earth. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. As for your comments about the predator and killing, I prefer to not respond, it is not what I want to discuss.

Silverscale derg

Much of what you say I can't relate to. I will just add content to my posting. I had another dream in which angels were telling God about a new species on earth dominating the other specie. God was not pleased and decided to intervene. His purpose was to bring a holy order on earth. His chose Jews and attempted to bring a new order to earth. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. As for your comments about the predator and killing, I prefer to not respond, it is not what I want to discuss.

"god" made humans you know. They worship translations of the same book. All Abraham religions share the same "god" look at islam...they're blowing each other up, Christian is in the middle of the scale, jews are at the more peaceful end. There shall be no species "dominating" over all other species. Dragons play the role of caretaker for the environment. Humans can't handle that. We dragons sleep in caves or if water dragons then down in the sea. We have the capability of killing all creatures yet we remain wanting to help. Humans aim to control the whole world because of a statement in the bible of "god" giving mankind dominion over all species. Humans treat them as if their life has no meaning. The role of a dominant is not to cause destruction but instead to still give strict orders but with a kind under tone. Earth already had order...then humans came.

Faithofchristian

Let's take a good look at 2nd Timothy 3:16,

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God"

Notice the first word ( All ) this means everything in scripture whether it's the Old Testaments or the New Testaments, Is given by inspiration of God.

If you given to someone what to write down, it's not them who is putting down in their own words, But you given to them what you wanted Written down.

Therefore what they Written down came by your inspiration to them what to write down.
Therefore God being the Author of All Scriptures.
Therefore all scripture came by God.
Therefore all scripture was written down in heaven before God gave the scriptures to be written down here.

Therefore to say that Jesus never Written anything, That's a false teaching of man's.

All scriptures were written down in heaven first, Then God gave to his Prophets here on earth What to write down in scripture for mankind.
Everything was first work out in heaven, Then God gave to his Prophet's what to write down in the scriptures here on earth.