• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Sufi Temple in Walnut Creek California

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste

Lately I have noticed a new community in Walnut Creek California not too far from where I live, going about in white clothes and Hindu like attire etc.. I also noticed a large construction effort for obviously a Temple in an expensive neighborhood in Walnut Creek associated with this community.

Today I realized they are Sufi. Searching the web this morning, I found this Sufi website which I am 100 percent sure is this same new temple being constructed:

Sufism Reoriented: Our New Sanctuary

I am curious to visit this temple once it is complete, but not sure what to expect or even if guests would be allowed.

Any background on this temple, is it complete? Will it be open to the public, or be close with a gate? What will happen if I walk into the temple, what will I see or should do? Will there be a sanctum? Or?

Om Namah Sivaya

sancturary_img_sized2.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The building is still under construction and is expected to be open next year as the web site says. Basic information including who to contact is on the web site. I can't post the link being a newcomer but if you go to the who we are page and scroll to the bottom, you'll find a link.

I should also note that Sufism Reoriented is not "Islamic Sufism" since, as the web site says, the organization was set up by Meher Baba.

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Interesting, now I see this is a different Sufiya as you say. There isn't a DIR for this.

Have ypu been to this type of temple? Can anyone just come, or if it like a private golf club where you need an "appointment" first? I would like to just come by and go in, but I have not idea what to expect, what I will see, or what I should do. Do you know?

Om Namah Sivaya

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since it won't be complete and open until sometime next year, I'm not sure what the setup will be. The "who we are" page has a contact email address, so I would think that is the way to ask your questions.